We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LR mechanics learning curve

+5
Opal Rider
Apple
Helios Pavonine
Vermillion
Lukking
9 posters

Go down

LR mechanics learning curve Empty LR mechanics learning curve

Post by Lukking Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:18 am

LR mechanics learning curve Lo9auw7q
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

LR mechanics learning curve Empty Re: LR mechanics learning curve

Post by Vermillion Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:57 am

Where's the part where I pop in twice through 5 years then finally attempt to make a track again?
Vermillion
Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:09 am

Vermillion wrote:Where's the part where I pop in twice through 5 years then finally attempt to make a track again?
not enough space for all the memes
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Didn't know experience could decrease

but yeah, singularities are mindbending
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Pancakes are pretty tough, yeah. I like this.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Vermillion wrote:Where's the part where I pop in twice through 5 years then finally attempt to make a track again?

Probably the same part where we make another collab for motivation.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Vermillion Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Opal Rider wrote:

I'm down
Vermillion
Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Vermillion wrote:
Opal Rider wrote:

I'm down

Nice! What do you use for conversation?
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Vermillion Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Opal Rider wrote:
Vermillion wrote:
Opal Rider wrote:

I'm down

Nice! What do you use for conversation?

Best thing is Discord, but Skype works if you don't have that
Vermillion
Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Ride liners stuff is in the same category as the higher kramual stuff. You basically have to Skype the glitch quirkers to learn about it.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:28 pm

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:You basically have to Skype the glitch quirkers to learn about it.
and please do get in touch if you want to learn!! skype: anton.nydal
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ride Liner Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:34 am

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:Ride liners stuff is in the same category as the higher kramual stuff.
Haven't dug into the math behind angled kramuals or infinitely repeating tracks yet, but my initial impression is that they are deeper than anything introduced in HAM.

Ride Liner
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Rideliner please speak to us, teach us your ways
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ride Liner Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Sheldon wrote:Rideliner please speak to us, teach us your ways
Sorry, I don't have a Skype and I'm not interested in getting one, but I'm happy to chat on the forums or Discord or through PMs or whatever. Smile

Based on ScrungleBlumpkus' (dapianokid's?) comment, it sounds like you guys have got it all figured out already though.

Ride Liner
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Scrungle here

There is still much to be learned and far more to be done with all we've collectively been learning, whether it be together or separately from one another.
One thing's for sure, RL has to have had either a very similar mindset to the current.gods of quirk as to what techniques to improve or he really was inspired by the newer stuff happening lately. (In my opinion, I'd love to know if that's true!)
It's interesting to me to note that some of the harder tchniques in HAM were hardcore flings and survival frames, things that you'd expect to be easier than things like the wormhole (you cheater, you brilliant cheater for plucking that right from beneath our noses. Red lines are h4x confirmed, we've been so foolish.)
RL, did you discover singularities on your own? It follows to note once discovering them that they are nigh invincible and this makes them incredibly useful for power.

It almost feels like you came back in time from a future where wormholes and other such tricks were already valid and established tricks. I swear if one of us never stumbled upon  ideas like yours over the countless nights we've spent skyping and sharing ideas, it's not fair that you'd get all the cool ones Wink
I hope to contact you on the discord chat when I get my computer running.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:37 pm

I like singularity cannon better. Wormhole isn't technically correct.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Sheldon wrote:I like singularity cannon better. Wormhole isn't technically correct.

I agree with you on the account that a wormhole has a going in end and a coming out end where speed is similar between the two, and a singularity cannon is the actual interesting portion (the one that can speed him up so fast he can essentially teleport from one place to another, but also keep going that speed [my dream come true])

The thing that makes a wormhole different from the singularity cannon, which I was talking about, is that another cannon is used to slow him down to a similar speed to the one he came into it going.

Other cool.effects I can see them used for is a wormhole to the right that sends him leftwards back towards the track that just makes the video look so damn weird ugh the possibilities are endless
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ride Liner Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:19 am

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:One thing's for sure, RL has to have had either a very similar mindset to the current.gods of quirk as to what techniques to improve or he really was inspired by the newer stuff happening lately. (In my opinion, I'd love to know if that's true!)
ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:RL, did you discover singularities on your own? It follows to note once discovering them that they are nigh invincible and this makes them incredibly useful for power.
I knew about singularities through Anton's ASIQ post. I hadn't intended on doing any in this track, but as luck would have it, I ran into a kramual iteration which I couldn't get to survive without pulling him into a singularity, at which point I got the wormhole idea.

Other than that, my main sources of inspiration were two moments in Inhibitions Z where the sled and the body respectively were pulled unusually far in one direction, plus the one shoulder chain in Superluminous Motion which was similar. (Even though the principle behind the wtf frames in HAM is a bit different than in these.)

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:It's interesting to me to note that some of the harder tchniques in HAM were hardcore flings and survival frames, things that you'd expect to be easier than things like the wormhole (you cheater, you brilliant cheater for plucking that right from beneath our noses. Red lines are h4x confirmed, we've been so foolish.)
To me the hardest part was the pointy things at the end. I couldn't get it to work going diagonally for some reason, so I had to make them going at a terrible horizontal angle which meant I couldn't fully fix his peg using only red lines. I was barely able to make him survive using an ugly mix of red/blue lines which always left him in a poor position on the next frame that needed to be fixed. Add in the fact that LRA 0.3 started crashing constantly around this time so I had to switch to the (very laggy) 0.2, the fact that there is no feedback while drawing them, the fact that crucial wells that I had to redraw were invisible unless I turned off gravity wells, the fact that the camera position changes with the position of the peg so I have to guess how far to go to match the previous frame,... It got a little bit frustrating at times.

As for red lines, I was so confused as to why I only ever saw people using red lines for manuals/flatsledding in other tracks. You can do basically anything with them! I'm excited to see what people come up with from this point on.

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:The thing that makes a wormhole different from the singularity cannon, which I was talking about, is that another cannon is used to slow him down to a similar speed to the one he came into it going.
This. A wormhole is specifically when he enters one singularity and gets spit out by another singularity a long distance away at about the same speed. We can call the general technique a singularity cannon or whatever, "wormhole" definitely would not make sense if you're just speeding him up or changing direction.

Ride Liner
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:22 am

Yeah, we had just recently started to adjust contact points and survive frames with red lines. So recently so I hadn't really done it. I think only scrungle and anton were.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:46 am

Sheldon wrote:Yeah, we had just recently started to adjust contact points and survive frames with red lines. So recently so I hadn't really done it. I think only scrungle and anton were.
Only I use it, but I've explained it to chuggers and scrungle, if i remember correctly.

To anyone who is interested:
You can use multilined red lines to boost specific contact points into a more survivable position.
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down