We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Invisible Lines

+12
shiny
theacp127
OTDE
Sheldon
Conundrumer
mmtunligit
Opal Rider
Lukking
JealousCloud
Rafael
rabid squirrel
Fauxfyre
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Suggestion: Invisible Lines - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion: Invisible Lines

Post by mmtunligit Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:28 am

personally, if you want invis lines, you could scroll through the code and add them your self, I know that's what I'm doing for GWELL ASSIST
mmtunligit
mmtunligit

Nerds like me rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Fauxfyre wrote:
Rafael wrote:I don't like the idea, it changes the validity of the game.
So is Line Rider a game or an art? If LR is art, why not have lines you can't see that Bosh can interact with?

I know people here are scared of change but seriously everyone deals with it anyways and ends up loving it eventually. I don't see how this is more controversial than hit test, contact points, and live-editing.

Maybe people just need to think a bit more about it? I mean, I won't use it really so I don't care, but I'm trying to help here by adding something that would add a lot of depth to trackmaking without honestly taking anything away.
I'm not a fan of the 'you're all scared of change' argument. I think all the recent changes prove we're not. The point is that this adds something new, while the other elements added make things easier. Adding invisible lines makes ut a hacked version and not an enhanced version. I can only imagine what an all-invisible lines quirk would look like to a new person..

It's a fun idea to play around with, and I have nothing against someone creating a version including the feature, as long as it doesn't become the standard.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:27 pm

I'd say to just make a version that uses it, let people play around with it and let the community decide if it will be the standard or not. I doubt it will do be honest, but it could be a fun gimmick to play around with. I can imagine certain situations where it could look cool (like the mentioned 3D scenery).

Or you could create scenery like say a trampoline and use invisible lines to create a kramual cannon, making it seem like bosh got catapulted because of the trampoline.

Or create some sort of wind tunnel and make it look like the wind is speeding bosh up, but you're using invisible g-wells to actually create the force.

I can imagine a lot of possibilities in scenery tracks. Maybe also some subtle mis-directional uses in naked tracks could be possible, but that sounds a bit more far-fetched. But who knows.

Make it a possibility and who knows what kind of inventive things people can come up with Smile
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:27 pm

yeah because see we only just recently branched out into using non-flaash player compatible track elements and we want to do more
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:41 am

We're still not using 3x accel lines. they're there, but I haven't seen them used, and even if they've been used, they've not been used with pride. Nor have i seen alot of experimentation with the different green line size (not for scenery anyway). Maybe explore those before we start demanding more? It'd be a shame to see invisible lines implemented only to be left alone a month later because no one wants to make tracks with it.

just my thoughts on it.
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:49 am

Wasn't saying that we should rush it or anything, I don't particularly care for it. Just trying to persuade people to not think of it as a bad idea. It's just another experiment and obviously doesn't have a high priority to get implemented.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:35 am

Anton wrote:Nor have i seen alot of experimentation with the different green line size just my thoughts on it.

Wait we can change scenery line thickness? hmmm. this gives me an idea. hehehehehe. Wink *runs away*
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2