We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #3 - Poll #1

+3
OTDE
Fauxfyre
rabid squirrel
7 posters

Go down

Vote for up to 4 videos!

Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap24%Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 18 ]
Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap13%Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 10 ]
Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap17%Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 13 ]
Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap7%Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap11%Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 8 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 10 ]
Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap1%Round #3 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 75

Poll closed

Round #3 - Poll #1 Empty Round #3 - Poll #1

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Vote for up to FOUR videos!

Four of these will be eliminated, the other four will move on to round 4!

Entries:

1. Valence 3: The Outer Shell
  2. Silhouette
  3. Happily Ever After
  4. Joy of Motion
  5. Integration
  6. Cirrus
  7. Roborant
  8. KING

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself
Exception: You can vote for 'yourself' for large collabs (e.g. community scenery projects, clan projects, or LCC projects)
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #3 - Poll #1 Empty Re: Round #3 - Poll #1

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:23 pm

What I wrote the last 2 rounds:
Spoiler:
What I think after this round:
Valence 3: The Outer Shell - This is starting to not hold my attention as much any more. I think I might actually agree with dap that this is the "pinnacle of fling quirk" in that I don't think you could make a more entertaining track than this that would still fit the category of "fling quirk". Music sync is great though and the whole thing is solid enough to GMV this round. √
Silhouette - Interesting to have this and integration in the same poll. They do a lot of the same stuff, but they are both very different from each other in some ways. I'm more of a fan of this one because of all the space recycling and actual recycling. √
Happily Ever After - Man, only CC can make line art where he leaves out 90% of the detail and have it look his awesome. I hope that one day I'll be able to make a track as simple and beautiful as this one. √
Joy of Motion - It's... very intense and energetic... but it's just randomness, with no intention or purpose behind the track as a whole. X
Integration - Was on the fence about this one, but uniqueness of it won me over and I gave it my fourth vote. Even if Silhouette does much the same thing but better, the flow in this one is totally different and fun for me. √
Cirrus - Enjoyable, but doesn't do it for me. I can only watch so many manuquirks before they are all just... more of the same. X
Roborant - I thought about voting for this in this round, after not voting for it in round 1 and then voting for it in round 2, lol. But it's just a bit too "thrown together" for me. X
KING - I continue to enjoy this more than I think I will. I think the opening of it is actually really strong but then it goes into do-whatever mode about about 30% in. X

These are all good tracks. I think I am going to enjoy this round a lot more than the first two.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:30 pm

1st three gmv

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Oddly enough I found myself agreeing with rabid on this one: V3, HEA, Silhouette, and Integration GMV.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Just out of curiosity, the master thread says we can vote for up to six videos. Which one of these should we follow? Wink
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:34 pm

damn, had to make a lot of compromises on this one
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:14 am

Opal Rider wrote:Just out of curiosity, the master thread says we can vote for up to six videos. Which one of these should we follow? Wink
4. I think that was leftover from rafael's plan
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Finally, things become interesting. I want to challenge to make my mind up in every poll, so I'll vote for 4 tracks each time. Also yes. Strong opinions, all my perspective and purely subjective.

Valance 3 - Amazing track with amazing tricks. Sheldon's control is unbelievable and each sync is precizely accurate. What was done in this track is done with perfect execution, but if I had to lay my finger of something that could be better it would be the structure of the track. It had no begin, middle or end, it was basically a constant wtf-inducing joyride with throughout with some cool syncs. This essentially comes down to the song choice. This track is still an easy yes though.

Silhouette - Never been a fan of this track. The track is very smooth and clean, but I it lacks the 'soul' that you experience in tracks from for example Georg or Votale. I feel like the intention of this track was 'make what people think is stylish' instead of 'make what I find cool'. Must say though, Sheldon is a master of executing ideas well. No in the end.

Happily Ever After - This is still one of my favourite scenery tracks. It's a raw expression of emotion and CC just has a way of using empty space to accentuate the rest. Pure beauty an artistry. Yes!

Joy of Motion - Ah, another KW track with an awkward ending Hehe In all seriousness though, this track is pretty baller and has some really cool moves - especially the integration thingies at and around 1:04. A lot of energy and power as well, and apparantly this track has inspired many quirkers of today. However, it does feel a bit thrown together and there are some much better tracks released right now that have a similar style (including tracks from KW himself). So in the end, no from me.

Integration - One of the most influential tracks of all time, and to this day nobody has been able to create something similar to this track. Integration is still fresh and will always be. Yes.

Cirrus - Oh my god, Splash is such a genius! The more I watch his tracks the more infatuated I become. The song choice, the moves, the control.. Yup, everything is awesome about this track. Splash is underrated nowadays.

Roborant - Damn, another track I love. While watching this I started to realize how much influence this track has had in XY - Inhibitions, Mt. Olxympus and any highspeed XY part has derived from this. The XY integration was something new as well, and Votale was the perfect person to introduce it. I still love his style, so fluent and smooth!

KING - This track brings back so memories! MrZNF's fluent style has always been extremely entertaining to watch. Space recycling is what makes his tracks so powerful. It's also amazing he made this in 3 days and almost won ToC with it, shows how ahead of his time ZNF was when he made this o.o Unfortunately, it's outdated and just doesn't hold its own against the amazing tracks that have been produced after this masterpiece. No.

In the end, I could've voted for both Cirrus and Roborant but in the end Cirrus gets my vote. Roborant is a bit outdated after all those years while Cirrus is still unique. Splash's tracks are irreplicable.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:36 pm

KING has a vote Inverted Onoz but also has 0% of votes? Suspicious hmmm Neutral

Most noteworthy for me is Valance 3 from this list. So clean, amazing control and beautiful music syncs. Will need to check out some of the other tracks again, but probably also voting for HEA. Integration I saw recently and is pretty cool too, but doesn't quite match up to HEA and Valance 3 imo. It's a nice little battle track, but doesn't give me the shivers like some of the other tracks in the competition.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Valence 3 and Happily Ever After advance. Silhouette, Cirrus, and Roborant enter into a tiebreaker where two will advance and one will be eliminated.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down