We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer?

+10
Sheldon
Chuggers
Opal Rider
ScrungleBlumpkus
rabid squirrel
RyderLR
Lukking
Orthuss
efrazable
Z_N-Freak
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which contests would

COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_lcap30%COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]
COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_lcap14%COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_lcap9%COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_lcap9%COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_lcap11%COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_lcap23%COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_lcap4%COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 44

Poll closed

COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Empty COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer?

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:26 am

If I'm not stepping on any booties here, I'd like to host COTM 26#
I got very excited by COTM 25# and so let's keep this booty going!

I've got a few contest ideas, of which some are new.
Please vote on any contest you would definitely take part in upcoming March!
You are able to choose multiple answers and can edit your choices to allow people to vote for possible new poll options.

If you have a contest idea of your own (or I forgot about an existing contest idea that's amazing and should be included in the poll), please let me know and I'll include it in the Poll Smile

Contests with explanation:

Booty Breach
You're confined in some shape without any actual exit. You'll need a lot of speed to break out!
Two categories: Fastest possible (in frames) & fewest lines used

Booty Pinball
I'd create a sort of pinball machine in which you are only allowed to draw in a certain area where you shoot bosh (off-sled) as a pinball into the "machine" and hope for the best score. Depending on where you land bosh within the pinball machine, you can get higher scores. (The harder it is to make bosh land somewhere, the higher the score).

Booty Launch
Old concept, but with a twist. A pre-defined shape of where you can draw blue/red lines and you try to launch bosh as high as possible. The higher you get, the higher your score. The twist is that the shape will not be a square, but a triangle, or a star, or something with holes!

Booty Slingshot
Old concept, but with a twist. A pre-defined shape of where you can draw blue/red lines and you try to slighshot bosh as far to the right as possible. The farther you get, the higher your score. The twist is that the shape will not be a square, but a triangle, or a star, or something with holes!

Booty Back #2
"Old concept", but a little harder this time!! As previous month, I will create a shape where bosh will get launched out of and you need to get back to the shape. It will be more difficult, because I'll make him go faster (let's say 70 fps or so).
Two categories: Fastest possible (in frames) & fewest lines used (<- NEW CATEGORY)

Booty aMAZEment
Old concept, without a twist. Guide bosh through a maze to the exit (I'll make sure no lineglitching and other shenanigans will be possible)
Two categories: Fastest possible (in frames) & fewest lines used

Bootiless Sad
You don't want to / cannot participate in any contest? Choose this option, and this option only. Really though, you don't have booty? You must explain yourself good sir!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Empty Re: COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer?

Post by efrazable Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:21 am

I love the good ol' maze, but booty breach sounds funny and looks fun. Smile
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer? Empty Re: COTM #26 (March 2015) Which Booty do you prefer?

Post by Orthuss Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:40 am

Booty Breach sounds like the best concept, but I'm just not clear on the "shape without any actual exit" part. Is it a lineglitching contest? I'm not sure a lineglitching contest would get a lot of entrants. I personally have no idea how lineglitching even works.

I voted for maze since we're "bringing COTM back" and maze is just a classic that pretty much anyone can enter, but it'll be a challenge to place first too.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:50 am

Booty Breach would be indeed about getting a line glitch as fast / with as few lines as possible to get out.

Line glitching works because Bosh does not move through all pixels, but rather he warps from each frame to the next. If you go fast enough, Bosh warps from one side of the line, to the other, without actually interacting with the line.

Major problem is that the line affects bosh from a distance (g-well forces). So either you need to warp very far in one frame to the next, or you need to get a proper well in the frame that Bosh is close to the line that you are trying to glitch through.

I guess that might indeed be a little too much for a regular COTM, but we'll see how the poll goes Smile
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:41 pm

I love the Breach one!
Cant wait.
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:50 pm

maze and Pinball gmv.
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:45 pm

I love the idea of booty breach with low linecount instead of speed.

orthuss, just get him going real fast and he'll pass through a line

I also like the idea of a booty back #2 with lowest linecount instead of speed.

(but would prefer single category instead of two category)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:04 pm

breach and launch.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:49 pm

I clicked breach and pinball, but breach sounds a lot more interesting to me.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:08 pm

breach and maze gmv, breach would be neato and we havent done a good ol maze in a while
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 pm

breach the booty
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:20 pm

^ poppin' cherries and may I suggest an all 45 degree maze
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Dapianokid wrote:may I suggest an all 45 degree maze
ooohhh I like that idea. maze contest but only 45deg lines allowed :O since they're like, massively unexplored
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:26 pm

.pinball and amazinhh

dru nnnnnnnnk
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:may I suggest an all 45 degree maze
ooohhh I like that idea. maze contest but only 45deg lines allowed :O since they're like, massively unexplored

If Maze will win the poll, I will make it 45 degrees only, sounds good!This will run until Saturday, because Sunday I will want to make the contest and the contest will start Smile
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:17 pm

which is awesome because that leaves us an actual almost month.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I like mazes
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm

And I like the concept of exploring 45 some more. We need it. I've done a lot myself so it should be fun.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:16 am

Since booty Breach and Booty aMAZEment both got so many votes, I'm bumping this one final time, to get people to vote. Only one of them will be made this time! Smile
Tomorrow I will start creating whatever has more votes ^_^
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:48 am

Booty Breach and 45 degree maze both sound like really good ideas, to be honest, I take back what I said earlier. The one that doesn't get picked for March should definitely be the contest of April.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 am

^ this exactly

WHY NO ONE LIKE LAUNCH OR HEIGHT YOU SILLIES
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:09 am

^That contest was one of my favorites back then.
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:01 am

And we as players could do so much better now, and also there's many ways we could appraoch the concept. Especially fewest lines. That's such a cool thing to work with.

While we're on this,
What if we did something like a launch contest with this constraint: The winner is the person who has the highest ratio of height divided by number of lines used, so like if I got an enormous height but had to use a ton of lines, I wouldn't win because say rofl came along and used one line to get a lesser height.

Other ideas along those lines can be explored which may result in some pretty fresh contest rules.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 pm

"Booty Breach" is such a hilarious name that I almost overlooked what a genius idea it is.

I'm really down for anything in this list; thanks for taking the initiative on this!
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:19 am

Yes it is! :P and with 13 votes it wins from aMAZEment with 10 votes.
But we can do that one next month Smile
Going to be making the Booty Breach level now!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next