We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale

+5
RyderLR
rabid squirrel
ScrungleBlumpkus
Getthim
Fauxfyre
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale - Page 3 Empty Re: Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Let's all be nice, now. I don't believe anybody is giving anybody real crap ab out it, rabid was teasing. If Ic ould've, I would've released asap. My track is currently only about 22 seconds long, but 4 of those are the result of only 2 days of work and they are the best 4 seconds so far. So I'm grinding hard to get mine done.
I expect it'll be killer.
Rabid ain't hijacking, althuogh I was pretty concerned it was over snce you're no longer mod myself, Shotoku. I'm so glad you're still hosting Very Happy
I would ADORE if I could get a time extension but I didn't see the extension post until today because I was gone when you posted and a week has since passed. Be that as it may, I'm still going to continue working on it after the contest release because it's a freaking epic project imo. As in, I'll post what I have sometime in December/January and then I'll probably have a decent release length track of it sometime before April. It may even end up being an anniversary track xD

I hope Sheldon is doing this.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale - Page 3 Empty Re: Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:11 pm

If we don't release at the same time it defeats the point of the competition. Some people didn't even start until after you posted, now everyone feels like they have something to beat. I've been demotivated because I know yours will probably beat mine, shotoku. It looks to me like you finished yours real fast and so you changed the rules to allow people to enter early because you didn't want to wait and because you were mad about the low activity on the site. If you weren't actually running the competition and I had been around the week you posted it I would have told you to take the video back down.

And I hadn't seen you around for two weeks and you gave no indication you planned on running this. I didn't want to waste time waiting for you to show up.

In other news, ryder is working on his entry so everyone but sheldon has RSVP'd in.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:56 pm

So everybody is concerned about time wasted?
Gosh this looks bad, smelling like the beginning of a major blow-out. :/

The feeling of knowing what we are up against is prevelant regardless of contest, as there are few members on the site. It motivated me for some reason.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:35 am

Sheldon got back to me, he's not doing it
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm

So is the goal here for everyone to release their track around January? then post a poll?
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:37 pm

^I hope so because that would give ma lot more time to make mine.
Meanwhile :rabid: :rabid: :rabid: :rabid: :rabid: :rabid: :rabid: Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic Eep Eep Inverted Onoz HYPE
Not-exactly-synchronized Free For All Battle Royale - Page 3 Hype10
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:33 pm

RyderLR wrote:So is the goal here for everyone to release their track around January?  then post a poll?
Based on the original premise, I think yes, that is the idea. Everyone releases within the same week.

Shotoku? Is that still the plan?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Yes, the poll should go up near the beginning of January. I don't want to rush anyone, but let's try to not let this go on for too long. Also, you may release it before the deadline, regardless of what anybody says. If people are really so pissed about me releasing early, then disqualify me for all I care. I didn't want people to be so obsessed with winning, and just have fun competition.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Nobody's going to disqualify you, or anyone else, for releasing early. I just think it would be a good idea both for the contest and for site activity, to release all at once and not see each other's entries beforehand. (Which, again, was your original premise)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:30 am

Working on this now. 21 seconds of terrible blue manuals (eight more seconds today). But I have decided how I will scene it - the original idea I had to scene this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTOOMcTetA
that I never actually did because I got better at making tracks. I'll also probably be able to execute the scenery idea better since I am better at scenery now, haha. Anyway, glad I have more than 2 days to finish.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:09 pm

I love you, Shotoku, for giving me more time. (and for everything else that makes you awesome)
I've made so much sudden progress that I'm afraid to spoil. It was so short, and after 5 days of enlightenment, I suddenly have a release length track. But with a month of time, I will continue carrying out the plan I had in mind for it.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:07 pm

How about let's aim for 2 weeks, unless some people still need more time, then whatever sounds good.

Also for the record, Dap released his track early too

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:17 pm

so 5th january?
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:15 pm

I released early, in Shotoku's style. Had I not, it probably wouldn't have ended as well as it did.
And I wouldn't be half the player I am today. So much progress in style and technique.

I really cannot wait for voting or releases.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:36 am

I need one more month to finish, is that okay? I don't want to release this unfinished.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 am

I'm really planning on finishing in the next week but we'll see how it works out. Iso and ryder are still working (I assume) so I dunno how long they need.

since we're all releasing at different times anyway I want to say that getthim should probably release whenever he wants and sorry for telling him to not release earlier.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:44 am

I didn't either, Raf ;P
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Yes we can certainly extend it. I'm sorry if anybody felt pressed for time, but this has always been an option. As long as I know you're working on it RAF, I don't mind Smile

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:27 pm

I call hax. ;P I could've finished by now but I'm glad I released Smile GOod luck to all of us.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:20 am

added 1500 lines today. whole thing is planned/sketched, just need to flesh it out now.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 am

what happened to this
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:15 am

still going. I'm working and raf is working. dunno about the others. (shotoku and dap and getthim are done, tracks are released and stuff)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:23 pm

I forgot and now I'm a little bit (insert feel) because nobody actually released at the end of December :|

So I guess voting starts once everybody releases.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:46 am

shotoku extended it to february
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:59 pm

How's it going peeps?

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next