We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracks aren't saving, help

+2
gaoyubao
roflmaoqwerty
6 posters

Go down

Tracks aren't saving, help Empty Tracks aren't saving, help

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:27 am

Alright, so here's the problem.
Every time I save a track in LR (I'm using 3.3 but I've tested this with other versions), it seems to show up in the track list, but once I close Flash Player and re-open it, all my new tracks are gone. I've tried this on old .sols by saving new tracks on them with the old ones, but as soon as I re-open LR, all it shows are the old .sols, like I never added anything.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I've already lost a few weeks of work due to this bug, and I really need to get this sorted out if I'm going to keep even trying to play LR. Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Tracks aren't saving, help Empty Re: Tracks aren't saving, help

Post by gaoyubao Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 am

are you playing on standalone? maybe check the Flash Player? re-install it? idk I'm no computer genius.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Sounds like you have a permission issue going on.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Restart your computer, clean out the directory where the .sols are loaded from, run LR. Then put the .sol you're trying to load/save from/to back. Flags may have gotten messed up.
If this doesn't work, kevan's suggestion is probably right and it's a bit annoying to fix, mostly because I'm lazy.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Usually for me this means my browser isn't set to remember my browsing history (which in turn deletes any cached saves for any flash game). If you recently told it to stop remembering your history, that's why. Even if you use a standalone, the flash settings are linked together

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:24 pm

if you don't have a folder named localhost in your directory or a folder wher eyour online address isthe name (why are you playing online if you are you should know better), then the problem is that something is causing your game to either delete it (cookies settings has to do with it for me) or the game doesn't have permission (which is why I run everything as Admin)
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 pm

This happened to me once before when using standalone. I changed the permissions of the folder but that didn't help either. I ended up just deleting the localhost folder entirely and let it rebuild itself. That fixed it and I haven't had the issue since. Back up anything you want to save.

Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Darkness wrote:I ended up just deleting the localhost folder entirely and let it rebuild itself. That fixed it and I haven't had the issue since. Back up anything you want to save.
I did this, restarting my computer in a bit here and seeing if it works.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Everytime I try to play LR on my mom's computer, I forget that it doesn't have permission to create a folder in the directory where LR tries to make a folder for .sols and it ticks me off when I get an awesome start and then I get back on to find it gone.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down