We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence ~ TCR

+11
Inukaza
Chui Ninji
LineBenji
Cereal
theacp127
roflmaoqwerty
Chuggers
Opal Rider
Fauxfyre
Diotoxin
TCR
15 posters

Go down

Silence ~ TCR Empty Silence ~ TCR

Post by TCR Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Yeah it might be a little choppy.... Neutral 
TCR
TCR

Back to top Go down

Silence ~ TCR Empty Re: Silence ~ TCR

Post by Diotoxin Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:48 pm

wow

normally i wouldn't say anything about bare tracks but wow

this i s/
good
Diotoxin
Diotoxin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:13 am

I loved how the track synced with the music, but I thought maybe there was an overuse of airtime for getting it to sync, particularly in the manuals. The huge jump and drop into a sync was good, but I felt there were many other transitions you could've done to fill that space too that might've been better. The manuals section was very clean, but felt short to me and I didn't recall anything of particular notice in that short period, other than the wonderful recycly section at the beginning.

As it moved onto the quirk, I felt it was inconsistent in the skill level. Not that I don't thing you could have done better, but it seemed like you kept wanting to change between powerful and flowy, and this usually went along with the music but I don't think it was the best choice when you decided to change. Again, a large use of airtime that didn't feel like it was used well. That ending groll was a real pleasure to watch however, and it seemed like a perfect place to end the track.

With and without watching music, I really enjoyed the track and would have hated to miss this Smile but to me it seems this would have been a lot better without sacrificing so much for sync. You've shown you know how to make manuals and quirk work however you want in this track, and I feel a lot of what you could have potentially put into this was missing.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:15 am

Sequel to Quiet? Hehe Pretty good. I thought for sure Gaoyubao was going to be an inspiration for the beginning, but apparently not. Oh well, still a very solid track.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 am

I should have zoomed in a bit more while recording, normal zoom in 1080p is huge af

I watched it multiple times while recording and watched it multiple times again here Very Happy

CHUGGERS' CHAMPION REVIEWS

it was pretty good 7/10
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 am

The manuals at the start were pretty cool, I was impressed by how varied you kept it. I'm happy that I'm not the only one who makes flanuals that look like the one at 1:10, lel

Then that quirk started and hot damn I loved it. The smooth, flowy, gentle rolling parts actually blended rather well with the bursts of power. Reminded me a lot of my own quirk, except this was much more entertaining IMO. The only thing was that there seemed to be a fair deal of pinch whoring, but it honestly didn't detract from such an awesome quirk.

Excellent work TCR; proud to be an inspiration for such an awesome track. Thumbs Up 
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Very well done, very inspiring.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Not what I was expecting at all! I had mixed feelings about it as a whole due to some of the airtime, but there were so many cool moments that it makes up for it.

I never knew that you could manual so well, either. Smile
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBenji Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:17 am

Amazing ! Your track fit perfectly with the music and your skill is very impressive!
Continue like that, it was awesome !
LineBenji
LineBenji

https://www.youtube.com/user/LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:53 pm

The only qualms I had were the inconsistent use of airtime. You used quite a bit of airtime during the manuals, which I'm totally fine with, but then you went to quirk and had very little airtime in comparison. Yes, the pace was supposed to change, but the juxtaposition of the two sections is quite different and pretty jarring.

Personally, I don't think there was anything "sacrificed" by using airtime to sync. Tracks are always fast paced, and it's nice to see a slower track like this. (A few moments in quirk exempted)
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by TCR Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Chui Ninji wrote:Personally, I don't think there was anything "sacrificed" by using airtime to sync. Tracks are always fast paced, and it's nice to see a slower track like this. (A few moments in quirk exempted)
That was actually why I made this track, most tracks today (especially quirks) are just glitchy flings and strong pulls continued by a groll or some sort of rotation. So i thought I'd make something diffrent. Something not driven by power.

The airtime, yeah I usually don't like airtime either, but it made it easier to keep up the flow and too little airtime in with the manuals wouldn't give the same feeling IMO. But I guess everyone has their way of doing it.

Best thing about this track IMO, was all the new things I learned while making it. experimenting with some glitchy pulls, kramuals and the groll at the end.

Thanks for the feedback. Wink 
TCR
TCR

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:34 am

This was really lovely. Smile

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Another track I see, I'm glad you're still at it and I like this track, there are some things that I like about this track like the flow and density. The flow is good and the density is not too compacted but more spread out. Anyways I thought it was a awesome track, especially for that modern quirk part. 8D
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:42 pm

That roll at the end. Excuse me while I go change pants.
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by TCR Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Jam wrote:That roll at the end. Excuse me while I go change pants.
LMAO, I also enjoy that roll.
TCR
TCR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Absolutely beautiful track.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:28 am

TCR wrote:
Chui Ninji wrote:Personally, I don't think there was anything "sacrificed" by using airtime to sync. Tracks are always fast paced, and it's nice to see a slower track like this. (A few moments in quirk exempted)
That was actually why I made this track, most tracks today (especially quirks) are just  glitchy flings and strong pulls continued by a groll or some sort of rotation. So i thought I'd make something diffrent. Something not driven by power.
in my book you succeeded!

/sorry for bump wanted to respond to that comment
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content