We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolted to the Wall tidbits & extras (& a challenge l

+11
Wolf_Spirit
MartinJulenissen
LineRiderGjert
Binglinerider
Hedgehogs4Me
Rafael
Enil
Purtle
Nubcake
Inukaza
rabid squirrel
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bolted to the Wall tidbits & extras (& a challenge l Empty Bolted to the Wall tidbits & extras (& a challenge lolz)

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm

The main feature of this thread is that I made a full screenshot of all the splits stitched together. After I finished the track, I guess I was in a "I never want to touch that .sol again" frame of mind (in Hedge's words) but for almost no reason at all I decided to make this yesterday.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img140/9121/boltedtothewallonepic.png
(warning, huge pic - for some reason it froze Firefox for me, twice, but loaded fine on Safari. You might want to save it and open it with paint or something)

It wasn't an easy track to split, (and it was my first split job ever) and you can see some places where it looks a little strange. However, there are no overlaps, and overall it makes sense. Also, you'll notice that I'm very finicky about only scening EXACTLY what I have to :P

----------

Now for fun stuff... read whatever you want, idrc.

1. Proof I started it 16 months before I finished!!!
K, here's proof that my track "Bippy" was published March 07: http://www.linerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5373
and here's the movie (later taken down & reuploaded n my junk account): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmJTQDMc6Tc
Now, pause the movie at :01. Look at the loading thingy. The fourth one down says "bolted to the wall (blagerdywerdy)" 8D

2. Yeah, it was originally called Blagerdywerdy. It was like my 4th or 5th track I ever started.

3. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TBGNxzdiHw
The blob things he rides on at the very beginning? Their outline is actually blue & red lines all the way around. 100% nub xD

4. If you're in firefox, open a new tab, type "bolted to the wall," and hit enter. Yeah, that's right! 8D
(Also, if you type "Bolted t" into google, it comes up second, and if you type "bolted" into youtube it comes up first.) [/egotistical]

5. I figured out why the music sync is off (in high quality) - the fps of the file isn't exactly 30 for some reason, so the audio got desynced D:

EDIT: 6. If you look at the picture, the place at the very beginning actually overlaps the place with the flings - I actually used a mac equivalent of powermenu to trace the overlapped scenery (which is NOT cheating :|)
You can see the blob thing that he rides on at 0:41 at 2:54 in the upper left corner 8D

----------

And now, a completely unrelated challenge!

In eXpedYtion, there's a sign at the end. It has a symbol on it. It's a very specific symbol. I'll +rep the first person who gets what it is 8D

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Bolted to the Wall tidbits & extras (& a challenge l Empty Re: Bolted to the Wall tidbits & extras (& a challenge l

Post by Inukaza Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:59 pm

idk what the symbol is D:

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Bolted to the Wall tidbits & extras (& a challenge l Empty Re: Bolted to the Wall tidbits & extras (& a challenge l

Post by Nubcake Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:33 pm

looks like a chinese symbol or something

Edit:that symbol makes me want to see trance again
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 pm

I've seen that symbol before...damn i can't place what it is.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:56 pm

It's the kanji for expedition :|

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:06 pm

It's actually not chinese, but it's very next azn country that comes to mind Wink
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubcake Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

oh so it must be Poland Right! Inverted Onoz
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Enil Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:It's actually not chinese, but it's very next azn country that comes to mind Wink

Well, until you said that, i was going to say it was a plug that goes into the wall, hence "a bolt of electricity", Bolted to the wall - but what do i know? >.>
Enil
Enil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 am

the symbol is the chair bosh sits on on the top of the wall :|
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:09 am

The Japanese symbol for "world" is pretty close to that, and I can see how it would turn into that if it were written in XY.

idk.

Nice huge pic btw, I enjoyed looking through it. I've seen bigger ones than that, though Hehe
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:39 am

does it mean "the end"

lol
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:17 am

Rabid, I love you.
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:50 am

lol, so many small boshes Very Happy
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:32 am

MartinJulenissen wrote:lol, so many small boshes Very Happy
lol, I didn't even notice that before. rabid, how many of them are there?
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:35 am

^I did, I just forgot to include it in my first post. 8D

And why don't you just count them? :|
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:04 am

Oh wow, it's true, you can type in boltedtothewall and it comes up with Rabid's vid wow! How'd that happen?
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MojoSmelz Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 am

the symbol is pretty close to the K in chinese but i reckon it's from greek mythology i dont' know why but it reminds me of the symbol you see in the god of war games Rolling Eyes
MojoSmelz
MojoSmelz

https://www.youtube.com/user/MojoSmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Devray Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Wow looking at that screenshot of the entire track, its like you didnt make a line rider track. Its like you drew your own little world.

Epic
Devray
Devray

https://www.youtube.com/devrayy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Rafael wrote:the symbol is the chair bosh sits on on the top of the wall :|
Nope.
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:The Japanese symbol for "world" is pretty close to that, and I can see how it would turn into that if it were written in XY.

idk.

Nice huge pic btw, I enjoyed looking through it. I've seen bigger ones than that, though Hehe
Nope, but it is sort of Japanese.
Smitsy wrote:I just looked up a dictionary of all japanese characters and none were that.
It isn't a character, it's a symbol.
Binglinerider wrote:does it mean "the end"

lol
lolno
LineRiderGjert wrote:Rabid, I love you.
8D
Smitsy wrote:wai

Is it the japanese smiley for 8D ?
xD no.
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
MartinJulenissen wrote:lol, so many small boshes Very Happy
lol, I didn't even notice that before. rabid, how many of them are there?
Not really sure. Maybe 40-50 lol.
wolf_spirit wrote:Oh wow, it's true, you can type in boltedtothewall and it comes up with Rabid's vid wow! How'd that happen?
Because it's a strong #1 hit for "Bolted to the Wall" on google Smile
MojoSmelz wrote:the symbol is pretty close to the K in chinese but i reckon it's from greek mythology i dont' know why but it reminds me of the symbol you see in the god of war games Rolling Eyes
Lolno.
Devray wrote:Wow looking at that screenshot of the entire track, its like you didnt make a line rider track. Its like you drew your own little world.

Epic
Thanks, that's really what I was going for Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:06 pm

NOBODY can get the symbol???

man, I might just have to tell you.

Sad I thought you guys were intelligent

jk btw lolz
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 pm

nah, it's some cryptic sign for p**** in japanese. I can tell
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:18 am

K fine it has to do with RELIGION. :|
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by crash2burn Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:38 am

Does it mean Bushido? :|

EDIT: Shinto Torii
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:48 am

yep, that's it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by crash2burn Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Where is mah rep? :|
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next