We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eden 2

+29
pure5152
Enil
Chui Ninji
StingReay
Pawel3
Opal Rider
Wolf_Spirit
gaoyubao
theacp127
Sssschiller
Fauxfyre
Rafael
Orthuss
hypothet
Commandercoke
Josro
Votale
Jam
Sheldon
Stallie
roflmaoqwerty
Wizzy
Cereal
rabid squirrel
shammies
efrazable
LineMagiX
[senpai] kevans
Helios Pavonine
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Eden 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eden 2

Post by gaoyubao Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 am

The alt flings were soo pretty.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 am

Sssschiller wrote:I might be the only one, but I like Eden 2 more than Eden 1 xD
did it not come across in my review? O.o

for the record: this track is a masterpiece and I liked it better than Eden 1. Considered giving it a shoe for a bit.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 am

For me the music really killed it. Though the end sync was one of the best endings I've ever seen, the music on the whole didn't really add much to the track. The pace of the music altered constantly whilst the speed of the track didn't change whatsoever at parts.
However, the track itself was phenomenal! Really, you've clearly spent a lot of time making this track the wonderful track it is. I honestly am in awe of the whole thing, amazing stuff man <3
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:43 am

Alright, time to reply.

intro was way too long
Negative comments on Gone's long intro: basically none.
Negative comments on Eden 2s long intro: around 9.
My point is clear.

intro did not set the mood
I made the mistake by saying this would be released the next day. I overestimated the time I had to edit and I'm sorry for that. Apart from that, the intro is an incredibly well-made demo played in realtime from a 64 kB file. Pretty sweet, amiright?

syncs were not perfect
Up until the manual part, the track wasn't supposed to sync. I made the decision to step away from Nightwish halfway-through (because I rather have a track with more ''content'' than a rush through a meaningless track with impressive tricks) and perhaps, with that decision, I should've changed the name. Oh well. The original song is Song of Myself btw.

Also, me and .boo had a little chat about this. He said: ''With syncing, it's like 'go big or go home'. But that wasn't my intention with Gone.'' What the hell happened to if it's good to ya, it's good for ya? WHY does every little moment have to sync with the actual track in order for it to be classified as ''well synced''? @Rabid: if I want to slow down something, I just do it. I don't need to have a reason for it (though I had one: I got called out on the lack of speed variation in Eden so I took the feedback seriously and added speed variation, as well as manuals and more 'fun' bits like the progressive quirk for a more dynamic feeling).

overhype
Hype motivates me to finish the track. Let's take a look at the actual preview thread. I have never stated that this track is good. I've only put up a load of pictures and progress reports. How is this 'overhype' when the final result is a masterpiece to some?

Jam's comment
Thanks for no constructive criticism at all. The 'keep it up' doesn't suffice for me and doesn't compensate the enormous amount of what seems like hatred towards me. I want to see you do better.

didn't like the music
This is personal taste, and doesn't say anything about the track.

I wasn't anticipated at all
I didn't base this off you, but rather comments like

Can't wait to see your 10xgravity kramual-quirk in Eden 2!
just dropping by to say I'm excited for all this
And from what I've seen on the stream, it's incredible
omg omg omg omg omg omg . omg omg omg ong ing omg omg omgo.g hrhehdbdhehshdhfjdhxhxururuduorgasmhehrbdhfjrhdhwiajdnfnfjahaggh

That's that. Lastly, I'm really grateful for all the positive feedback. Makes me happy to see there are some people who understand my vision Very Happy
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:54 pm

I'm sorry, did you really just try to defend yourself from what we suggest? We say what we say for a reason, and while Jam was certainly a bit mean about his, I feel like it would be the least you could do to be courteous about our opinions, instead of telling us why we're wrong. That's why it is an opinion, and not fact. So maybe we didn't like it as much as your other stuff. If you liked it, that's great. You should be making these tracks for your own enjoyment anyways. Just don't try to force your enjoyment on others.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Why can't HP explain the reasons behind what he did in his track?

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Ok ok ok, about the who 'intro' thing, the intro to Gone, while it was considerably long, it sort of built up the hype for the track. In Eden 2, it was just some unfitting song with flashy editing where nothing really happens for a good 40 seconds. xD
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 pm

^
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Shotoku wrote:Why can't HP explain the reasons behind what he did in his track?
This. I haven't told the full backstory of this track, so I feel like some opinions may be at expense of it. For example, imagine that you were told as a kid that elephants don't exist. I'm trying to show you elephants, so that your opinion is less one-sided. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong (because no opinion is wrong), I'm trying to make it better established. You are still allowed to think the same, though.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:30 pm

^Like a boss.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:42 pm

I could see explaining reasons, but to me this just felt like whining that you didn't get better reviews. I'm sorry if I misunderstood.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Y'all are right.

- Opal is right. HP could do with a little less defensiveness
- but HP has a right to explain.
- But it could have been done more respectfully
- But the comments could have been more respectful in the first place
- And Jam was definitely a douche to HP.
- But Cereal is right about the intro

-----

Okay now for a few things I want to say.

1. I think a lot of the hype was from the giant "EDEN 2" in your signature

2. The song was REALLY heavy, and a really bold choice, so I assumed you had planned it from the beginning. The lyrics DEMAND your attention.

3. I'm only hard on people with the syncing if they say "I synced this to this song" if they just play that song I'm like, okay they just picked it out. It annoys me that boo can be like "This track is synced" and then when I'm like "badly" he's like "oh but it's INTENTIONAL not-caring about how good the syncs are" - that's not called artistry that's called laziness. If you don't care much about the syncs, don't claim that it's synced!

4. I mentioned the slowing down because the song didn't change but the track did,going along with the syncing thing.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Guys, quit acting like he had to meet some standard when it came to this track. TBH I hardly saw any hype besides his signature. I even poked fun at the name and stuff. But really guys, really? He made a pretty damn impressive track. Had he of used a completely different song and not bothered with sync, none of this BS would of happened. This is one of those few tracks that fun to watch without the music, so why complain that it's there?
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:31 pm

I think you just have to expect criticism, with any track of this scale. Hyped or not. And what's funny is that the controversy always makes the track more memorable. :P
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Commandercoke wrote:I think you just have to expect criticism, with any track of this scale. Hyped or not. And what's funny is that the controversy always makes the track more memorable. :P

This.

Surprised nobody brought up MMX.
StingReay
StingReay

http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:Thanks for no constructive criticism at all. The 'keep it up' doesn't suffice for me and doesn't compensate the enormous amount of what seems like hatred towards me. I want to see you do better.
Excuse me while I break it down for you. I gave plenty of constructive criticism. I said the intro was stupid and you should study a bit more editing so you don't bore your watchers to near-death. I said the sync was not top notch, and that is proved by a comment by someone, can't be bothered to check who, who said you changed your mind on the song midway through (must admit the sync at the end was great, though). I said the track was not emotional, and it really wasn't -- impactful does not equal emotional.

And if it doesn't suffice for you, you can go ahead and [bad thing], you entitled, arrogant, [bad thing]. No, I won't do better in technical quirk because it is a genre I despise. TYVM

Last edited by Jam on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I was pissed.)
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:48 pm

gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey. I think you done good. #wecaretoomuch
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:35 am

Put your tracks back up man Sad
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Enil Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 am

If it makes you feel any better, I knew the song beforehand. I love dubstep and electronic, so I got amped for the track. I had not read any comments about it beforehand, and I wasn't even expecting any sync. And since I haven't been around for long, I don't have the super high sync standards everyone has I guess, because when it started going to the song I thought it was pretty DAMN awesome. Very impressive.
Enil
Enil

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 am

in all honesty, I was a little surprised by the avant garde approach to "emotional trackmaking" and disliked the track at first. but upon every rewatch I grew more and more fond of the track. now I love it and think what you did and how you built tension in the track perfectly fit the song. very beautiful, and I love the symbolic meaning of the ending. very well executed. love your work.

but now I'm sad you took down the original version of the track Sad now I only have rofl's version, which isn't as great because it's zoomed out and doesn't have the emotional significance. his version feels very shallow compared to yours.

please put back the original version? or at least give the video file to rabid so he can put it up on irtltube. I already miss it lots
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:16 am

Yep Jam, the previous music suited it far better!
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

pure5152 wrote:in all honesty, I was a little surprised by the avant garde approach to "emotional trackmaking" and disliked the track at first. but upon every rewatch I grew more and more fond of the track. now I love it and think what you did and how you built tension in the track perfectly fit the song. very beautiful, and I love the symbolic meaning of the ending. very well executed. love your work.

but now I'm sad you took down the original version of the track Sad now I only have rofl's version, which isn't as great because it's zoomed out and doesn't have the emotional significance. his version feels very shallow compared to yours.

please put back the original version? or at least give the video file to rabid so he can put it up on irtltube. I already miss it lots
I'm pretty sure he deleted the video files from his computer too, if he was that dedicated to leaving.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonoftheluster Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:43 am

This is quite the circlejerk. I thought it looked cool
Sonoftheluster
Sonoftheluster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:11 am

best track this year, not over-hyped at all

the people saying editing ruined this track are the same who usually say editing doesn't matter but that's already been said
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next