We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total possible combination of tricks involving Gwells in LR (In theory)

+6
theacp127
Opal Rider
efrazable
SPL4SHZ0N3
Chuggers
[senpai] kevans
10 posters

Go down

Total possible combination of tricks involving Gwells in LR (In theory) Empty Total possible combination of tricks involving Gwells in LR (In theory)

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm

1) I just did this out of fun, so go ahead and correct me on stuff I might have gotten wrong or forgotten.
2) If you want a definite number, you won't get one.
3) Manuals were left out on purpose.
4) I only went as far as 2 frame ticks, aka flings are either a, a, a, or a, b, a, b

Long ago Efrazable calculated the number of possible asdf's in LR, I decided to go beyond that and see what we would get. I did this in notepad, so pardon how vague it is.

10 contact points.
Assuming Inverse/alt positions/directional pulls counts as separate points:
4 extra hand (Inversed, HBH, left/right, [1+1+2])
9 extra feet (First Pos, second, third, left/right, [1+1+1+3+3])
1 extra shoulder (Inverse)
Amass a total of 24 possible pulls. AKA, 24 possible flings.
Add alt flings, single point to be specific, makes 48.
Now add into two point alt flings.
24^23 + 48 = 55,572,324,035,428,505,185,378,394,701,872
So were at over 55.5 Nonillion combinations.
LEt's throw in ASDF.
Since ASDF's are practically the same as two point altflings, we can safely assume that the new total is over 111 Nonillion.

We'll keep that number to the side for now, we're not done.
Let's calculate Flanuals. Since a flanual is only an fling with a base line, we can say that total is 48 along with single point alt flings.
Now Alt flanuals will total to the same as regular alt flings, meaning again 24^23 + 48
Same with ASDF Flanuals.

So so far we have a total of 222 Nonillion tricks possible.

Now we shall throw in dual/triple/quad flings. Now, not all 24 pulls are possible, so we'll eliminate the pulls that mean one or the other,
(Inverse and HBH for example) totalling to 14 possible pulls at once (Quattuordeca fling if anyone was wondering), times ten again since the one-or-the-other points can be changed.

This will be calculated as such:
(14x13x12x11x10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2)x10, or 14!x10 if I'm to use the correct symbols.

871782912000 flings are possible. This is obviously not a big enough number to simply add to our 222 Nonillion combinations, so let's do some more:

Quint Alt Flings (10 points means 2 pulls each, max alt fling is 5). Since in alt flings, you can go in and out of inversed and first/second pos, we'll go from 24.

24x22x20x18x16x14x12x10x8x6x4x2 (This isn't 24!, since we eliminate 2 points each time, we eliminate 2 combinations each time)

1961990553600 so far with quint alt flings.

Still a small number, so we'll add another set of tricks. Mixtures of Alt flings and flings. You know, Aspi and Kramwood stuff.

this I assume means (24!)^24. equalling 620448401733239439360000.

Quattuordeca flings + Quint Alt Flings + Aspi flings = 6,204,48,401,736,073,212,825,600

Oh yeah, Quint ASDF's, same as quint alts, = 620448401738035203379200

so over 620 Sextillion combinations there, which is three number groups too small for our 222 Nonillion, so we'll take the absolute numbers we already have and add those:

This results in 2.2228929676216242247954878218669e+32, or still our 222 Nonillion tricks.

Any thoughts?
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Total possible combination of tricks involving Gwells in LR (In theory) Empty Re: Total possible combination of tricks involving Gwells in LR (In theory)

Post by Chuggers Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm

there goes my plans for an every-trick track
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Total possible combination of tricks involving Gwells in LR (In theory) Empty Re: Total possible combination of tricks involving Gwells in LR (In theory)

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:36 pm

but what about the kramual and fakie?
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh snap.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:40 pm

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:but what about the kramual and fakie?

In Kramwood's first kramual video, he had called it a new type of manual, which wasn't included in this poll.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Shocked
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 am

Chuggers wrote:there goes my plans for an every-trick track

D:

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:but what about the kramual and fakie?

As I said, manuals were purposefully left out, and a kramual is a manual. Kramuals can have any point pulled, but that's not really a trick, since no one has ever managed to hold a Kramual past 1 well (in normal physics). I've seen an alt fling while in a Kramual, but there's no distinguishable contact point being moved. One, three, all of them? In short, Kramual is only one trick, and as an alt fling still one. So ~222 Nonillion + 2 still equals ~222 Nonillion.

Also, thanks for pointing out the fakie. Fakies are alternative positions for the string and nose points, so the new fling list is 50. It would be 52, but alt flings tend to cause bosh to go in and out of the fakie position. But 2 points still doesn't budge the 222 Nonillion. HOWEVER, the new Dual fling number is moved. 26^25. Equaling 2.3677383000796758887679516493847e+35, or 23.6 Decillion. Which is over a 10 times bigger than 222 nonillion. And since adding asdf, Flanual, and Alt flanuals (23.6 * 4), we get:

9.4709532003187035550718065975388e+35

or 94.7 Decillion.

Adding the quattuorfling and quint alts wouldn't budge that number with fakie, so still best left out.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:19 am

Do clockwise and counter-clockwise count as separate? A few flings seem completely different depending on the direction, especially shoulder and butt flings

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Kramwood wrote:also since you are also able to create tail flanual s in a kramual then there's also reason to believe that a tail fling can be created also. *Wink wink nudge nudge*
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Kramwood wrote:I've gotten 3 nose wells by themselves every other frame in a kramual in the deleted scenes of Thanatos. Your argument is invalid. Not entirely sure if you'd call that a fling yet. also since you are also able to create tail flanual s in a kramual then there's also reason to believe that a tail fling can be created also. *Wink wink nudge nudge*

kevansevans wrote:So ~222 Nonillion + 3 still equals ~222 Nonillion.

Fixed.

[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Can you calculate how long a track with all tricks using minimum amount of frames lasts? Very Happy
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:Can you calculate how long a track with all tricks using minimum amount of frames lasts? Very Happy
I tried calculating that yesterday actually, I gave each trick 10 frames without any airtime in between and (if my math was correct) it would take over 10 sextillion years (10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000)

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Some may not be possible due to contact point resistance issues.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:32 am

Kramwood wrote:
Shotoku wrote:
Kramwood wrote:also since you are also able to create tail flanual s in a kramual then there's also reason to believe that a tail fling can be created also. *Wink wink nudge nudge*
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

lol
(I don't know if everyone else knows this, but) today I discovered that in a kramual, the sled contact points can be popped back into place and the sled detached from the body, with the body still being in the kramual position but the sled not, vise versa. So perhaps if it is possible to pop the contact points on the sled back into position without removing the sled from the body, then I would assume you could do flings, but I don't think it is possible in a typical kramual position (where all the contact points are on a single plane). I certainly am not going to spend a long time trying to figure that out either, just thought I'd let everyone know this bit of information if they didn't know already.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:08 am

Trying to get flings in kramual position would be quite interesting.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:14 am

theacp127 wrote:Trying to get flings in kramual position would be quite interesting friggin hard.
Fixed. I may screw around with that idea, but I'm not sure it'd be conceivable for more than a few frames, since he'll pop out of the position with just the slightest wrong pull.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Also wouldnt several tricks be the same if inverted and put the other direction?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down