We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physics regarding endurance

+5
Fauxfyre
TheRevTastic
SPL4SHZ0N3
hypothet
[senpai] kevans
9 posters

Go down

Physics regarding endurance Empty Physics regarding endurance

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 pm

I feel much better today, thanks you guys for cheering me up and knocking some reality into me.

Recently, while I was trying to get contact point to work, I tumbled across where the endurance it applied to the rider. Within the coding, there are variables described as Edges. From what I think is going on, they are what makes the sled contact points appear as a sled, and what makes them keep that shape, instead of independently going around moronically. Each edge has it's own binding properties. Stick, Bind Stick, and Shal. I'm not exactly sure what they do, but I think stick is something like the sled connectors, stuck where they are. Bind stick is the connections that can move around freely (I believe), like shoulder to hand, and hand to nose. Shal is the scarf connections, nothing really special, also not shown in screenshot below. We're not talking about individual contact points, this is the math that makes bosh sit upright, make the hands lower themselves, but never strait down. A perfect example of what these edges are, is the string bosh is holding. That is a visual representation of 2 edges. (Clever of Fsk to make them the strings, huh?).

Okay, so what does this really have to do with any of the physics? Endurance, endurance is what it has to do with. look at this screen shot:

Physics regarding endurance Edges

Okay, big whoop, coding, it doesn't make any sense. But It doesn't need to make sense, look at the edges that have ENDURANCE in it's set. These are the connections where if they get pulled too hard, too rough, or slam too hard, bosh crashes. Okay, so certain edges can cause crashes, but which ones are which? I already figured that out for you guys. (edges 6,8,9, 16-20)

2nd peg to butt
2nd peg to shoulder
1st peg to butt
Butt to lower nose
Hands to Upper nose (2 separate things)
Feet to lower nose (2 separate)

I'm not sure how these things will benefit the community, but in theory, if you could pull every point on bosh without it warping his body too much, the edges will stay inside their "comfort zone", and bosh will never crash. Meaning the Every frame Infinite distance stack could be possible. Not infinite stack mind you, but you can just keep making new wells and keep going.

I'm aware that some pulls out there are effing ridiculous, and should violate this endurance rule, but I don't know how the explain those.

Spoiler:

Last edited by kevansevans on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Physics regarding endurance Empty Re: Physics regarding endurance

Post by hypothet Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Really interesting coding, how it's all set up. Curious in what other deep dark recesses of the code you'll find something.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 pm

So, what if a kramual is this code being "glitched" ?

EDIT: yes, I realize how you could say "What if a kramual is this code being glitched" to every bit of code. But, now that I think about it, the sled *visually* stays in the same position, but in the contact version, all of the contact points are flattened on the line, so if every contact point can be pulled to that close proximity (i.e. the kramual state) and still live, then it should be possible on a non-perfect X or Y line to do a kramual.

Hmm.... Maybe a kramual is a glitch, while gwells are exploits lol.
It is extremely odd to me however that you can "get pulled out" of the kramual state.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 pm

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:So, what if a kramual is this code being "glitched" ?

EDIT: yes, I realize how you could say "What if a kramual is this code being glitched" to every bit of code. But, now that I think about it, the sled *visually* stays in the same position, but in the contact version, all of the contact points are flattened on the line, so if every contact point can be pulled to that close proximity (i.e. the kramual state) and still live, then it should be possible on a non-perfect X or Y line to do a kramual.

Hmm.... Maybe a kramual is a glitch, while gwells are exploits lol.
It is extremely odd to me however that you can "get pulled out" of the kramual state.

Lol, for one, what you see is only mathematically adjusted based on rotation, with some influence on where the points are. I think that Kramuals and fakies are just another type of "comfort zone". Like when the hands separate and stay separated, or the feet. When in a kramual, the sled flattens like a box. Nothing is being stretched or pulled. Strangely enough, there are cross contact pints between the pegs and noses, but because they're not joined in center, they don't change shape much. Or they're not bound by the endurance variable.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Quick question Kevan, regarding how you hack into LR and everything, do you use Adobe Flash CS*insert number here* or do you use a different IDE and decompiler?
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:Quick question Kevan, regarding how you hack into LR and everything, do you use Adobe Flash CS*insert number here* or do you use a different IDE and decompiler?

I use Flash cs4, which has proven to cause the least of any graphical errors (when exporting the swf) and the easiest for me to use. I use Sothink Decompiler 6/7 to turn the swf to a raw fla (flash can't edit swf's). 6 causes less decompiler graphical errors, but 7 handles the script better. So I decompile it twice, so I can get the best of both.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 pm

So if you just deleted the word endurance on all those lines of code you could make a hax where he never crashed?

EDIT: Also does this tell us how to make Bosh's sled break while he can still ride on it?

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:55 pm

^I really wouldn't want to make that in the first place...

EDIT: It's impossible. The sled is only allowed to break after you have actually crashed.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 pm

I can't understand this at all, but I have a question for those who can:

Is a position exactly like the starting position, but with the hand rotated 180 degrees so it's behind the shoulder contact point with the arm parallel to the sled, possible?
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:36 pm

^From what I understand, no. The hand, as well as most contact points, must stay in their "bounds". If he is bent over a little, then it would. For the record, it's not bosh's skeleton bending that enables this, but that the hand travels less from its original origin to get to this position.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I can't understand this at all, but I have a question for those who can:

Is a position exactly like the starting position, but with the hand rotated 180 degrees so it's behind the shoulder contact point with the arm parallel to the sled, possible?

efrazable wrote:^From what I understand, no. The hand, as well as most contact points, must stay in their "bounds". If he is bent over a little, then it would. For the record, it's not bosh's skeleton bending that enables this, but that the hand travels less from its original origin to get to this position.
Then what about the HBH360?
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:57 pm

His shoulder contact bends down toward sled to keep his hand within its bounds @ HP
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:52 pm

^That, and it goes from up-and-left to down-and-left without a frame in between.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down