We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happily Ever After [CC]

+10
Rafael
roflmaoqwerty
ACwazHere
Georgio_jc
CamQuartr
Sssschiller
Yobanjojoe
rabid squirrel
OTDE
Commandercoke
14 posters

Go down

Happily Ever After [CC] Empty Happily Ever After [CC]

Post by Commandercoke Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm

I made the track and scenery in 12 days. Let me know what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdpncnEEdYQ

Recording and editing by CamQuartr which I appreciate very much.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Happily Ever After [CC] Empty Re: Happily Ever After [CC]

Post by OTDE Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Loved it! Told a subtle story, and I enjoyed the experience, so thanks for that! Very Happy
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Oh my dear mother I think this is my new favorite line rider track. That was simply beautiful.

Like, the scenery in this track is everything that I wish I could do but can't. So artistic and stylistic and simple and elegant and yet so much more moving than any scenery I've ever seen. Seriously, this was sheer eye candy. And OMG the track fit so well and the scenery fit the track and it felt like it was just part of the artwork more than any scenery I've ever seen before.

Seriously, what more proof do I need that Line Rider is an artistic medium than this track?

Anyway, let's see how this stacks up against the criteria. Feels more like a test of the criteria than a test of the track lol...

Ambitious? not really.
Epic factor/Impressive? somewhat
Complete/Cohesive? yes, totally.
Vision? YES
An Experience? YESSS

Quality of art? amazing
Creativity in scening things? good
Speed manipulations? a little. wouldn't have wanted more.
Detail? Two words: WHITE SPACE
Consistency? YES
Unified Theme? YESSSSSS
Originality? Yes times a million in terms of scenery in LR, not so much in terms of your personal scenery.
Speed? perfect

Monument placement? beautiful
Monument usage? none.
3-D (extrusion, adding shine, shading, contour lines, adding depth)? somehow, the depth was present. The lack of the rest was an artistic choice that was excellent.
Made sense? yup
"Hiding" the track? (this is bad) nope.
Good Ending? ehh, not impressive, but fit the track nicely.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:19 pm

You have to make a full track using this style!

It was simply amazing.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Rabid, come down! Really, if this is your new favorite line rider track you missed Mysteria!

Of course this is a typical wonderful CC line rider track Smile I liked the story and the simple but clever way you draw things. But it seemed a little bit rushed in my eyes and you could make it much longer Wink ( I also think the heart thing is a really overused art theme xD) Maybe I just feel this way because rabid pushed this track so much Very Happy

I also liked the transition from leaves to hearts you made and the track! You should made more tracks on your own again Smile
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Sssschiller wrote:Rabid, come down! Really, if this is your new favorite line rider track you missed Mysteria!

Of course this is a typical wonderful CC line rider track Smile I liked the story and the simple but clever way you draw things. But it seemed a little bit rushed in my eyes and you could make it much longer Wink ( I also think the heart thing is a really overused art theme xD) Maybe I just feel this way because rabid pushed this track so much Very Happy

I also liked the transition from leaves to hearts you made and the track! You should made more tracks on your own again Smile
I didn't know this existed until now lol

and this is easily better than mysteria what are you smoking Suspicious

I mean mysteria was more work but it was kind of a hodgepodge and this is like cotton candy for the eyes

I've been spending too much time on tumblr I get excited over everything now lol
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:21 am

Amazing work of art man Very Happy

please keep doing what you are best at!

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Hehe thanks guys. I'd say this track, more than any other I've made, was greatly influenced by how I've been feeling. Which probably explains the hearts as well as the story. I've always wanted to create a story in LR, but I guess I've been too scatter-brained, until recently, to dedicate the whole track to one idea. By the end, I had conflicted feelings that caused part of me to not want to finish it, and then the better part of me reluctantly finished it in time.
I guess I'm saying that, looking back now, it's interesting that had I made this track just a week later it might have been completely different.
Also, this is basically my version of Save the Princess. I loved the idea, but wanted to make it my own (not so sinister; more innocent).
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:38 pm

^this track just become even more amazing.

I love your work CC, your tracks always make me feel like scening! =)
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Wow, that was so cool. =) It's really impressive how you can make a track look so good even though some curves aren't even fully scened. Keep it up. =3
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Commandercoke wrote:I'd say this track, more than any other I've made, was greatly influenced by how I've been feeling.
This isn't a farewell track, is it? Geez, I hope not
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Really brings tears to my eyes, thinking of the story it brings with it. Wow.
Amazing CC <3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 am

Commandercoke wrote:Hehe thanks guys. I'd say this track, more than any other I've made, was greatly influenced by how I've been feeling. Which probably explains the hearts as well as the story. I've always wanted to create a story in LR, but I guess I've been too scatter-brained, until recently, to dedicate the whole track to one idea. By the end, I had conflicted feelings that caused part of me to not want to finish it, and then the better part of me reluctantly finished it in time.
I guess I'm saying that, looking back now, it's interesting that had I made this track just a week later it might have been completely different.
Also, this is basically my version of Save the Princess. I loved the idea, but wanted to make it my own (not so sinister; more innocent).
Thanks for sharing, this adds a whole nother layer to it.

Also I totally saw the STP similarities Smile I really loved how you took the idea and made it your own.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 am

The naked part was pretty neat itself, it was has a nice style and it was very flowy. The scenery was nice as usually and very creative too, overall it was a very nice track. Smile
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:17 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Oh my dear mother I think this is my new favorite line rider track. That was simply beautiful.
My thoughts exactly.

The sketch-type scenery is just incredibly clean and fits everything Line Rider is more perfectly than any style of scenery I have ever seen. Imaginary +rep, that's how good it was.

Last edited by Jam on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:14 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:
Commandercoke wrote:I'd say this track, more than any other I've made, was greatly influenced by how I've been feeling.
This isn't a farewell track, is it? Geez, I hope not

Nope. Wink

Rafael wrote:Really brings tears to my eyes, thinking of the story it brings with it. Wow.
Amazing CC <3

That's what I was hoping for. Thank you. Smile It definitely stirs up some emotions for me.

rabid squirrel wrote:
Commandercoke wrote:Hehe thanks guys. I'd say this track, more than any other I've made, was greatly influenced by how I've been feeling. Which probably explains the hearts as well as the story. I've always wanted to create a story in LR, but I guess I've been too scatter-brained, until recently, to dedicate the whole track to one idea. By the end, I had conflicted feelings that caused part of me to not want to finish it, and then the better part of me reluctantly finished it in time.
Thanks for sharing, this adds a whole nother layer to it.

Also I totally saw the STP similarities Smile I really loved how you took the idea and made it your own.

Thanks. There's always a story behind the story. ;P

Jam wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:Oh my dear mother I think this is my new favorite line rider track. That was simply beautiful.
My thoughts exactly.

The sketch-type scenary is just incredibly clean and fits everything Line Rider is more perfectly than any style of scenery I have ever seen. Imaginary +rep, that's how good it was.

I recently realized that the things you don't do are just as important as the things you do. In linerider the lines you don't use are just as important as the lines you do use. Which has really effected my scenery and has given me this new style. Thanks for the +rep. xD
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Awh CC, this is wonderful.
It's simply a beautiful style and the whole atmosphere with the music and what's incuded in the scenery really does make this very emotive (in my opinion at least)
I love this style of scenery, and I'm very tempted to make a response to this and Save the Princess :b ♥
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Wolf_Spirit wrote:Awh CC, this is wonderful.
It's simply a beautiful style and the whole atmosphere with the music and what's incuded in the scenery really does make this very emotive (in my opinion at least)
I love this style of scenery, and I'm very tempted to make a response to this and Save the Princess :b ♥️

Do it! Very Happy
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Just watched this for the second time, and I don't know why I'm not as impressed as everyone else is. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY liked it, it was awesome and I really like your style. Very wonderful altogether.
9/10
P.S. am I the only one that noticed the heart shape in the bricks at 0:26? I thought that was really cool

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down