We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf_Spirit

3 posters

Go down

No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf_Spirit Empty No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf_Spirit

Post by Chui Ninji Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:16 am

No One Dreams Anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9aPyjOsaAE

Created by Wolf_Spirit
Original post: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t6167-no-one-dreams-anyway

Can you say music sync? This track is freaking amazing. And you don't often see tracks of this length that can hold your attention like this track does.

Sssschiller wrote:Anyway, the highspeed was badass!
...I like it 8D
Rafael wrote:Awesome work wolfy. Good syncing, great use of the buildup. Really build up tension.
Also, great job on making such a long track.
CamQuartr wrote:Music sync was amazing.
...Nice job:D
rabid squirrel wrote:This is certainly a masterpiece. An excellent example of how you don't need to be good at Line Rider by today's standards to make something powerful and immersive. Well done! Thumbs Up

I saw it several times before, but this is the first time I saw it with the music, it added a LOT. The highspeed took on a whole new dimension with the music syncing.
OTDE wrote:This is pure win.
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf-Spirit
Rating: Definitely worth watching

Wolf_Spirit's newest and arguably most controvercial track, No One Dreams Anyway, is an interestingly music-synced project that really should almost be called a film instead of a track. Mind you, it'd be a really artsy film, like one of those ones with no plot, but rather a bunch of naked people in masks saying things in Old English.

Essentially, the track goes like this: First, there's a passage of slow flat sledding which is super-inconsistently pressured, with the occasional gravity well thrown in. Second, there's a similar-flatsled and squishy boost section that goes upwards. Then, there's a slow-manual section with a few quirky things in it. Then, there's a fast manual section with a few quirky chainy flingy things and some flatsledding thrown in.
Then, the track ends with a well-drawn but not excessively huge monument.

So why is this definitely worth watching?

Because even though I've explained each part of it in a way that would essentially be the Line Rider equivalent of a spoiler for any other track, I haven't even gotten started to explaining this. It tells a story, even if that story has no plot, and it absorbs you into it, making you want to see what happens next, even though it's just a little man riding through some black lines on a white background.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf_Spirit Empty Re: No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf_Spirit

Post by WishLine Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:24 pm

This is my first time seeing the track, bearing in mind when I came back, and it has to be said that this is excellent. Something I love in Line Rider tracks is a sense of progression or evolution, and this track had that feeling in spades. The go from something slow and simple as that flatsledding to the pacey-as-hell manual/quirk rush at the end just felt really nice to watch.

Needless to say, music syncing worked a treat. Very clever.

Congrats on the feature, then, Wolfy. Deserved!

WishLine

Back to top Go down

No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf_Spirit Empty Re: No One Dreams Anyway by Wolf_Spirit

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Yay my first feature! 8D
Thanks Chui <3
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum