We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incentives for Advertising

+7
rabid squirrel
Traxis
mhenr18
efrazable
RyderLR
Rafael
WishLine
11 posters

Go down

Incentives for Advertising Empty Incentives for Advertising

Post by WishLine Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Serious thinking...

I literally think that the best and only way to really get members is to structure a series of things that people can do to get members.

This may include -

1. Adverts and links in every new track
2. Actually headhunting members of Youtube who release tracks by PMing them saying 'Join uuuusssss!'

That's a lot of effort to burden people with without reward. Is there any way of awarding people something for successful referrals. A trophy? A user-rank? Something like that?

It might get people advertising. Just a thought.

Wish

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Incentives for Advertising Empty Re: Incentives for Advertising

Post by Rafael Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:49 pm

We're been trying that a lot actually. However the chance of those members staying for longer than a 1 month is pretty small. I've gotten like 10 members here and none of them are still active. (Unless you count Pinter :P)
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:52 pm

Method: search "Line rider" view them uploaded within the past 24 hours, OR view them within a week and go to about page 3 (the first two or so will be the popular ones of people we know)

Or someone pays >9000$ and makes a commercial for Irtl 8D
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:57 pm

You make a lot of threads.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 pm

You post a lot of unnecessary posts.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:22 pm

Someone make a 4-6 second clip that says something like "brought to you buy weridethelines.com, visit for more tracks"
The active track makers can stick it in after the credits or something, so as people watch it, they see our website.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Traxis wrote:Someone make a 4-6 second clip that says something like "brought to you buy weridethelines.com, visit for more tracks"
The active track makers can stick it in after the credits or something, so as people watch it, they see our website.

No before the track, people don't stay till the end usually

mhenr18 wrote:You post a lot of unnecessary posts.

was this aimed at Wishline or Efrazable
because wishline is trying to help the community and keep it active :p maybae little too much but not really :p
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm

ryderofthelines wrote:
mhenr18 wrote:You post a lot of unnecessary posts.
was this aimed at Wishline or Efrazable
because wishline is trying to help the community and keep it active :p maybae little too much but not really :p
efrazable
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:45 am

make new line rider
acquire new members
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:48 am

I'd need to put out videos to actually do any advertising, so yeah.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinter Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 am

I got here by rafael and ssssschiller ? ;D, so it works sometimes.. :P

EDIT: by it I mean looking for people on youtube
Pinter
Pinter

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:10 pm

I still think that people should be rewarded for advertising successfully on YT. Admins - is there referral system, or the ability to create custom fields in registration such as 'How did you come by the site' etc etc?

Do you think that there's scope for an advertisers trophy or usergroup? Any thoughts, people?

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Conundrumer wrote:make new line rider
acquire new members
Made me think of success kid.

Anyways, putting "brought to you by weridethelines" before the track is a little silly unless it actually was brought to you by WRtL (for example, the community scenery project, in which case you'd probably say something a little more direct than a BTYB message), IMO.
If you want to help out with advertising without looking silly, use the description! The first line does show up without clicking anything, after all! I also think ROTL's system works well too, if you want to directly target people. Just remember to actually give feedback before guiding them to the forum.

As for a trophy/usergroup, I'm firmly against it. If people advertise simply for the trophy/usergroup, their advertisements will seriously repel the people that don't end up joining, as they'll want to get the most people possible, so they'll find the most obnoxious way possible to alert people.

In fact, here's a good incentive for you: IT MAKES YOU THE GOOD GUY. Who doesn't get a fuzzy feeling when you get someone to join, simply by being helpful? Well, I don't know about you, but I sure do. In fact, I'm glad this thread went up, as it's a reminder that it's something I can do when I don't feel like doing anything else.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:

As for a trophy/usergroup, I'm firmly against it. If people advertise simply for the trophy/usergroup, their advertisements will seriously repel the people that don't end up joining, as they'll want to get the most people possible, so they'll find the most obnoxious way possible to alert people.

Maybe...but the argument could be made that an in-people's-faces ad is better than nothing at all.

In fact, here's a good incentive for you: IT MAKES YOU THE GOOD GUY. Who doesn't get a fuzzy feeling when you get someone to join, simply by being helpful? Well, I don't know about you, but I sure do. In fact, I'm glad this thread went up, as it's a reminder that it's something I can do when I don't feel like doing anything else.

I get the fuzzy feeling, but sadly, trying to rely on principles of altruism and get-up-and-go (we wish we could!) don't always work. For the slightly lazy or people who need to feel gratitude and a reward...perhaps it might just tip the balance. I've been messaging new riders anyway - I like being the good guy - but some people need the prodding. Also, I'm glad you're happy this thread went up Very Happy

Replied in colour.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:05 pm

In-your-face ads are definitely not better than nothing at all, IMO. I don't want it to be like, "Ugh, I want to play Line Rider, but I keep getting WRtL advertisers everywhere." That's one step away from people joining just to tell us to piss off.

Next time I livestream, though, I'll be looking for newbs and comment on their tracks in a way that I think is appropriate, to try to give people a little moral push. Smile
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Great! This will all help Very Happy. I'd love to see some newbies to help out again. Used to be an old WishLinian passtime.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum