We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider

+12
Ph0enix
Hedgehogs4Me
GhostY
Cereal
efrazable
hypothet
TheRevTastic
KillinTime2792
Lankher
[senpai] kevans
Rafael
rabid squirrel
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider Empty Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:00 am

If you have ideas for more, please say so and I will most definitely add them! Feel free to spew ideas without reading the whole list and I will add whatever I don't already have Smile

Glitches/Bugs/Fixes

• Tab Key: In 6.2, tab zooms out to show the whole track in the screen. When pressed again, it zoomed back in to the previous zoom level, at wherever the mouse was. This feature was missing in 6.7.
  • Slow Blinking: Make Bosh blink slower in slow motion, so when he is recorded in slow motion and then sped up he isn't blinking super fast.
  • Fix broken sled: If you go off sled, mark a flag, the sled breaks, and then you press play, the sled doesn't fix itself and is still broken. Fix this.
  • Disable hotkeys when viewing the help page (except for H of course, so you can get back). This will prevent people from getting stuck on the help page and having to close Line Rider, losing work.
  • Ability to draw inside the start button
  • Sometimes tools besides the pencil tool act like the pencil tool. Causes unclear.
  • Fix the speedometer: It's accurate if you are traveling to the lower right or upper left, but if you travel to the lower left or upper right, no matter your speed, it's nearly zero.
  • Fix shift+backspace: If you erase a line early in a track and use shift+backspace to replace it, the track no longer works. Fix it so it does.

DON'T Fix These Glitches (actually, include them in the help file)

• Multiple Line Glitch: When you draw a line, press Y, then click the stop button, it makes a duplicate of that line.

Relatively Simple Additions (that we basically all agree on)

• Frame Counter: The timer, when clicked, would change into a frame counter, which would start at 0 and add 1 every frame, and would change back if you clicked it again. This would be very helpful for speed contests and challenges. A third mode would be great too, that would show seconds:frames/40. (e.g. 12:37 = 12 seconds, 37 frames) Clicking on it could cycle through these three.
  • Recording Mode: When a certain key is pressed (you pick) the game would shift into "recording mode" and run at 2 fps until the key is pressed again.
  • Auto Slow Motion: When you are in play mode and in slow motion and press Y, have Bosh start in slow motion.
  • More Deletion Safety: Have the game ask you "Are you sure?" when you either delete a save, or load a save when the current opened track has unsaved changes.
  • XY snap Mid-Draw: If you start drawing a line, then press X, have the line snap to XY.
  • Sticky Color Eraser: Once you've shift+clicked into color eraser, stay in color eraser whenever you select the eraser tool until you shift+click on it again.
  • Update the help page so it actually covers everything.
  • Autosaving: Recover progress if the game freezes or you accidentally close it or whatever.
  • Scenery Wiping: Shift+click on green swatch in color eraser, after a prompt all scenery is erased.
  • Flag Lock: Shift+click on a flag locks it, so it can't be pressed normally (a visual cue would be nice, like an X over it), Shift+click again to unlock it, then it works normally again.
  • Make Scroll Zoom and Play Mode Zoom go in all the way as if you were using the actual zoom tool
  • When you delete a track and start a new one, when you click to save make the box blank, so you don't accidentally save over the last save.
  • Save the flag when you save the track
  • When you click on a save in the save/load menu, replace the text in the text box with that text, so you can easily save over that save

Mildly Controversial Additions

• Pause Button: Allow a hotkey for pausing the track.
  • Frame by Frame hotkeys: When paused, have the arrow keys navigate forward and backward frame by frame.
  • Fast Forward and Rewind buttons: Rewind would stop or play when it reached either a flag or the beginning of a track.
  • The F Key: Make the hotkey that jumps to the flag something other than F, so that on a mac someone can press Command+F to go to full screen and back without the view jumping to the flag.
  • Variable eraser size: a way to adjust the size of the eraser
  • Grabbing and moving scenery around
  • Have a toggle between following rider and sled when Bosh goes offsled
  • One click to make a dot
  • Green lines snapping to other green lines when a key is held down.

Game Changing Features (would no longer be Beta 2)

• Variable Line Thicknesses
  • Shades of grey for lines
  • Fill Tool
  • Colors: either swatches or a picker
  • Select/cut/copy/paste for scenery lines between saves
  • Customizable Riders/Sleds
  • Multiple Riders
  • Camera controls

Difficult Suggestions (would be awesome, but easier said than done)

• A hotkey during playback to send the track into "real time" mode, where the speed is kept at 100% at the price of dropping frames, in order to help with syncing to music.
  • Lessen the amount of line lag.
  • A button to open your .sol folder
  • Save tracks to files, load tracks from files.
  • Built-in screen capture along with interface and video file exporting.
  • Track scrubbing: A slider that would fast forward when dragged forward, and rewind when dragged back.
  • Fix corruptions so they don't happen anymore.
  • In the Save/Load screen, when you click on a save, display date last modified and number of each type of line off to the side

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 9 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider Empty Re: Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider

Post by Rafael Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:43 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Fix shift+backspace: If you erase a line early in a track and use shift+backspace to replace it, the track no longer works. Fix it so it does.
This is because of line layering. It may not look like it, but lines do actually have layers. The idea is that if I have a well like this it will have a different effect than of the lines is placed like this. This is the same in curves, so you may have to delete multiple lines to get the right order.
Anyway, thanks a LOT for all the effort rabid. I think I can speak for all of us if I say we really appreciate all the work you put into this site! <3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider Empty Re: Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:15 pm

Rafael wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:Fix shift+backspace: If you erase a line early in a track and use shift+backspace to replace it, the track no longer works. Fix it so it does.
This is because of line layering. It may not look like it, but lines do actually have layers. The idea is that if I have a well like this it will have a different effect than of the lines is placed like this. This is the same in curves, so you may have to delete multiple lines to get the right order.
Anyway, thanks a LOT for all the effort rabid. I think I can speak for all of us if I say we really appreciate all the work you put into this site! <3
hmm, very interesting. I think I knew that but I didn't realize that was the issue with shift+backspace. And thanks! Very Happy
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Maybe I should finish v3 because I did get most of this stuff done... ¬¬

rabid squirrel wrote:If you have ideas for more, please say so and I will most definitely add them! Feel free to spew ideas without reading the whole list and I will add whatever I don't already have Smile

Glitches/Bugs/Fixes
  • Tab Key: In 6.2, tab zooms out to show the whole track in the screen. When pressed again, it zoomed back in to the previous zoom level, at wherever the mouse was. This feature was missing in 6.7.
  • Slow Blinking: Make Bosh blink slower in slow motion, so when he is recorded in slow motion and then sped up he isn't blinking super fast.
  • Fix broken sled: If you go off sled, mark a flag, the sled breaks, and then you press play, the sled doesn't fix itself and is still broken. Fix this.
  • Disable hotkeys when viewing the help page (except for H of course, so you can get back). This will prevent people from getting stuck on the help page and having to close Line Rider, losing work.
DON'T Fix These Glitches (actually, include them in the help file)
  • Multiple Line Glitch: When you draw a line, press Y, then click the stop button, it makes a duplicate of that line.
  • Live Draw: Control+Click (Command+Click for macs) allows you to use the last-selected tool during play mode.
Relatively Simple Additions (that we basically all agree on)
  • Fix the speedometer: It's accurate if you are traveling to the lower right or upper left, but if you travel to the lower left or upper right, no matter your speed, it's nearly zero.
  • Frame Counter: The timer, when clicked, would change into a frame counter, which would start at 0 and add 1 every frame, and would change back if you clicked it again. This would be very helpful for speed contests and challenges. A third mode would be great too, that would show seconds:frames/40. (e.g. 12:37 = 12 seconds, 37 frames) Clicking on it could cycle through these three.
  • Recording Mode: When a certain key is pressed (you pick) the game would shift into "recording mode" and run at 2 fps until the key is pressed again.
  • Auto Slow Motion: When you are in play mode and in slow motion and press Y, have Bosh start in slow motion.
  • More Deletion Safety: Have the game ask you "Are you sure?" when you either delete a save, or load a save when the current opened track has unsaved changes.
  • XY snap Mid-Draw: If you start drawing a line, then press X, have the line snap to XY.
  • Sticky Color Eraser: Once you've shift+clicked into color eraser, stay in color eraser whenever you select the eraser tool until you shift+click on it again.
  • Update the help page so it actually covers everything.
  • Autosaving: Recover progress if the game freezes or you accidentally close it or whatever.
  • Scenery Wiping: Shift+click on green swatch in color eraser, after a prompt all scenery is erased.
  • Flag Lock: Shift+click on a flag locks it, so it can't be pressed normally (a visual cue would be nice, like an X over it), Shift+click again to unlock it, then it works normally again.
  • Make Scroll Zoom and Play Mode Zoom go in all the way as if you were using the actual zoom tool
  • When you delete a track and start a new one, when you click to save make the box blank, so you don't accidentally save over the last save.
  • Save the flag when you save the track

Fixed a bunch of these
and the live draw is an Easter egg...

Mildly Controversial Additions
  • Pause Button: Allow a hotkey for pausing the track.
  • Frame by Frame hotkeys: When paused, have the arrow keys navigate forward and backward frame by frame.
  • Fast Forward and Rewind buttons: Rewind would stop or play when it reached either a flag or the beginning of a track.
  • The F Key: Make the hotkey that jumps to the flag something other than F, so that on a mac someone can press Command+F to go to full screen and back without the view jumping to the flag.
  • Variable eraser size: a way to adjust the size of the eraser
  • Grabbing and moving scenery around
  • Have a toggle between following rider and sled when Bosh goes offsled
Game Changing Features (would no longer be Beta 2)
  • Variable Line Thicknesses
  • Shades of grey for lines
  • Fill Tool
  • Colors: either swatches or a picker
  • Select/cut/copy/paste for scenery lines between saves
  • Customizable Riders/Sleds
  • Multiple Riders
  • Camera controls
Difficult Suggestions (would be awesome, but easier said then done)
  • Fix shift+backspace: If you erase a line early in a track and use shift+backspace to replace it, the track no longer works. Fix it so it does.
  • A hotkey during playback to send the track into "real time" mode, where the speed is kept at 100% at the price of dropping frames, in order to help with syncing to music.
  • Lessen the amount of line lag.
  • A button to open your .sol folder
  • Save tracks to files, load tracks from files.
  • Built-in screen capture along with interface and video file exporting.
  • Track scrubbing: A slider that would fast forward when dragged forward, and rewind when dragged back.
  • Fix corruptions so they don't happen anymore.
  • In the Save/Load screen, when you click on a save, display date last modified and number of each type of line off to the side

We actually agreed on NO COLOR AND NO FILL TOOL, multi-riders just plain suck, ALSO NO COPY AND PASTE.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:57 pm

kevansevans wrote:Maybe I should finish v3 because I did get most of this stuff done... ¬¬
Fixed a bunch of these
Which ones? I seriously doubt you fixed all of them.
kevansevans wrote:and the live draw is an Easter egg...
I suppose, I'll take it off.
kevansevans wrote:We actually agreed on NO COLOR AND NO FILL TOOL, multi-riders just plain suck, ALSO NO COPY AND PASTE.
That's why they are under the title "Game Changing Features"

this list isn't saying "you must do all these things" - it's a list of ALL suggestions for Line Rider.

also, don't quote the whole list and reply with a sentence.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:17 pm

What have I fixed/added?
(in order of list you have made)

Broken sled
Slow blink
Frame counter
recording mode
auto-slowmo
updated help page
autosaving
scenery wiping - not only that, but all line types can be wiped
zoom all the way
pause button
frame by frame
fast forward
shades of lines (Which I showed you yesterday)
Camera control
- an option to controll the size of the panning box
- and I was workin on 2 new line types, trigger lines, that zoomed in or out.
real time mode (aka frame skipping)
Line lag (In theory, my pc plays flash like a boss so I can't tell if it works)
sol folder opener isn't a possiblilty. Flash doesn't allow those java script codes to prevent malicious flash's from being made.
Multi sol functionality may work, but may not be wanted.
screen capture also not possible

[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:48 am

kevansevans wrote:Broken sled
Slow blink
Frame counter
recording mode
auto-slowmo
updated help page
scenery wiping - not only that, but all line types can be wiped
zoom all the way
I think if you released a version with just this stuff and called it 6.8 you would make ALL of us very happy. You can add the other stuff in different versions, but people may not like them so it's a good idea to keep them separate. Also, it's invariable you WILL get feedback about what people do and don't like about it, and you WILL have to make more revisions, even with these features.
kevansevans wrote:pause button
frame by frame
fast forward
These things are mildly controversial. You might be able to incorporate them into the release mentioned above, but I would advise releasing another version with the above and this.
kevansevans wrote:shades of lines (Which I showed you yesterday)
Camera control
- an option to controll the size of the panning box
- and I was workin on 2 new line types, trigger lines, that zoomed in or out.
These things are highly controversial, so I suggest you release experimental versions and ask if people like them first. An PLEASE separate them from the other builds (aka don't release these features and all the little issues in the same build) because lots of people will not like you :P Also, these features will receive feedback as well, so expect lots of revisions if you do release something with them.
kevansevans wrote:autosaving
real time mode (aka frame skipping)
Line lag (In theory, my pc plays flash like a boss so I can't tell if it works)
Release tests of these before actually incorporating them into the build, see if they actually work for people and are still compatible with other tracks, if people have any feedback, etc.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:55 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Difficult Suggestions (would be awesome, but easier said then done)

than*
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Lankher wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:Difficult Suggestions (would be awesome, but easier said then done)

than*
whoops, willfix
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Spoiler:

I don't get it, I just don't. You tell me you'd stick to 6.7 yet you'd rather me release these?
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:41 pm

If you had game-changing features like shades of grey or camera features, I would stick with 6.7. If you added soemthing like auto-slomo or zooming in all the way with scrolling I would love to switch.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:46 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:If you had game-changing features like shades of grey or camera features, I would stick with 6.7.
why not use the new version and ignore these features?
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:10 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:If you had game-changing features like shades of grey or camera features, I would stick with 6.7.
why not use the new version and ignore these features?

That's what I think, but he says it's not a valid argument.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:49 pm

If the games look identical, then perhaps. But more often people will stick with what they know and love instead of switching to something that has features they dislike and then not using the features.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:36 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:If the games look identical, then perhaps. But more often people will stick with what they know and love instead of switching to something that has features they dislike and then not using the features.

Not really.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:14 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:If the games look identical, then perhaps. But more often people will stick with what they know and love instead of switching to something that has features they dislike and then not using the features.
Not really.
8.0 anyone?

Also, this thread was supposed to be mainly for any suggestions you may have. So if you have suggestions, please post them and I will add them!
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Btw I'd have no problem with a fill tool for Beta 2 as filling something in doesn't require anything but the ability to do really boring work :P I'd make it mildly controversial.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 pm

DRAWING THINGS INSIDE THE START BUTTON.

HOW I DREAM OF THE DAY WHEN THIS HAPPENS WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE IT.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:07 pm

I want there to be a window that has the word "Fatality" come up whenever bosh crashes, along with the accompanying audio from Mortal Kombat.

Mildly contraversial.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 pm

HG42 wrote:DRAWING THINGS INSIDE THE START BUTTON.

This so much ^
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:35 pm

the one click one dot thing would be awesome for scenery :3
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 am

GhostY wrote:the one click one dot thing would be awesome for scenery :3
added
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am

Cereal wrote:

This so much ^

^working on it.

GhostY wrote:the one click one dot thing would be awesome for scenery :3

^noted.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Maybe an optional green line snap?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:01 am

efrazable wrote:Maybe an optional green line snap?
green lines already snap to track lines... maybe a key to hold down to make green lines snap to green lines? I'll add it to mildly controversial.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum