We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolution of Line Rider

+19
LineMagiX
IGotGreasyBalls
Painlobster
SethComposerGuy
Georgio_jc
SPL4SHZ0N3
GhostY
aspi33
Lukking
Commandercoke
Rafael
Votale
FlagCapper
WTB
Conundrumer
CHiH
Bjerre
Hedgehogs4Me
rabid squirrel
23 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Evolution of Line Rider - Page 10 Empty Re: Evolution of Line Rider

Post by aspi33 Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:57 pm

I think I owe you guys an update.

I'm trying my very best to edit IS, I'm playing GH (I gotta have some fun, or else I suicide), I learn guitar (same reason), school just started and is crap, I've got a GH FC video to edit and upload, I've got a completed "YouTube direct download" javascript code to make a video about and publish, I've got multiple collabs, I've got football, and I've got this waiting for me.

I'm uninspired, trying to get inspiration to edit. I hope you see that I've got problems with this, and I hope you forgive me this.

I also gotta express my thoughts about the "parts" after my part. Personally, I don't like it. I think it's less impressive than what was before. I might sound like a ceph real jerk, but I feel like I have to express my opinion about it, and I gotta be honest. I think we should keep more of the tail manual (basically because it was freaking hard to balance, and is über impressive, as well as smooth and looks good imo), then build up more and more speed, then almost at bottom of curve, we gotta get an eruption of tricks and speed, we gotta make the viewer's brain blast up of crazyness, we gotta impress like noone else. Something really original (like eg. the speedbuilding groll, it's "not possible").

Please, we gotta do this right. And I really want to, but I MUST finish my current projects first. And first of all IS, GhostY deserves it so much!

Don't hate me for this post.
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:25 pm

^I agree, I liked the tail manual more than what we have now, plus we still have my alt foot tail manual xD I just dont think any of the stuff we've made is at all as impressive as aspi's part. So I agree, go back and keep the tail manual :|
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:19 am

well, I guess if you want to make the whole ending again then go ahead. but PLEASE make it sync with the music the same way.

Here's what I think would look best: Airtime at the "breath" and then fast rolling or something similar for 2 seconds (similar to what SCG did) followed by something ridiculous for 5 seconds and then becoming more smooth in the remaining 4 seconds after that, in which he finishes by going upwards.

You said to continue without you, and we tried, and according to you we failed. so where does that leave us? Now we'll never get it finished unless you do it. nobody even wants to try. SCG was the only one who was really willing to try and now you just told him his part wasn't as good. so I hope you plan on finishing it, because there's no way it's getting done otherwise.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 am

gah...more waiting
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:01 pm

I thought SCG's parts were amazing. o_O
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm

~boo wrote:I thought SCG's parts were amazing. o_O
Okay good, now I know I'm not the only one.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 pm

we possibly still do a manual after all the others peoples parts instead of getting rid of it all
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:43 pm

I think I'll actually try just doing a flatsled thing lol, at least until someone does something better. I want to finish off the editing just to see what it will look like.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:58 am

rabid squirrel wrote:well, I guess if you want to make the whole ending again then go ahead. but PLEASE make it sync with the music the same way.

Here's what I think would look best: Airtime at the "breath" and then fast rolling or something similar for 2 seconds (similar to what SCG did) followed by something ridiculous for 5 seconds and then becoming more smooth in the remaining 4 seconds after that, in which he finishes by going upwards.

You said to continue without you, and we tried, and according to you we failed. so where does that leave us? Now we'll never get it finished unless you do it. nobody even wants to try. SCG was the only one who was really willing to try and now you just told him his part wasn't as good. so I hope you plan on finishing it, because there's no way it's getting done otherwise.
Will you stop pushing aspi to work for once? He quit LR for months after his last part! Give him a f***ing break <_<
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Stop pushing him????

He comes back after 4 months and basically says everything we've done (that I've had to all but whip you guys with chains to do) is crap. I say "well then, do it yourself" and you accuse me of pushing him???

Give ME a F***ING BREAK :|
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 pm

I could try an alt manual or alt pinch. Like something really special, sound alright?
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Gotta agree with rabid. Was it really that hard to make the tail manual, Aspi? Any chance you can do it again, or we can record it as an alt ending? =/

Edit: @ Votale, Alt manuals and alt flanuals wouldn't really fit right now. We need something with more going on like a super duper reverse-Groll-Treflip-kickflip- that speeds up as it goes. 8D
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:33 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Stop pushing him????

He comes back after 4 months and basically says everything we've done (that I've had to all but whip you guys with chains to do) is crap. I say "well then, do it yourself" and you accuse me of pushing him???

Give ME a F***ING BREAK :|
Ok, I understand that. I do, but he didn't say it was crap, he said he prefered the tail manual thingy.
Oh, and...

rabid squirrel wrote:aspi, I would give you all the time you needed and only nag you once every two weeks xD I think we've determined that nobody can really top your part xD

ofc, we can probably try to come up with something close, but if you want to do it yourself, then that would probably be best.
20th of June

rabid squirrel wrote:we'll beg aspi to take it and go completely insane for 5 seconds of track (that starts out ridiculous and slowly gets more and more under control until it finally releases the guy upwards. Maybe end on a monodirectional smooth-looking alt fling)
1st of July

rabid squirrel wrote:TBH I dunno if anyone can do this right.
4th of July (obviously a hint to aspi)

rabid squirrel wrote:maybe we can ask him to make the most epic 3 seconds of line rider ever.
26th of July

rabid squirrel wrote:aspi says he will work on it after Incito Scened is released.
5th of August (you just didn't stop pushing him did you? >.>)
And the worst of all..
rabid squirrel wrote:Now we'll never get it finished unless you do it.
That made me post what I posted before.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 pm

You're making rabid look worse than it is. D: We all just want this project finished right. ;_;

I just want to know if aspi will shrug off his tail manual and make the last part.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:56 am

Ok, please, I'm not angry, nor in the mood of flaming or anything. I'm tired, and the last thing I want is a flame war inside the inner circle of Line Rider.

I do not say everything you've done is crap, not at all. It's really great, much better than most stuff out there nowadays. But [b]I do not think[b] it lives up to the expectations already set.

To finish this track is now a crucial matter of bringing piece to the LCC section. This has all gone mad.

We all want to finish this, and this might be neccessary. Idk, get hold of Ghosters so I can talk to him, so that we can finish IS, so that I can get some more time and might be able to finish this. I can't stand multiple roads screaming on me to choose their way.
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:23 am

I'm kind of wondering if at this point we should just have a poll between the tail manual Aspi did and what I added to it.

I'll try and find some stuff to kind of get a better idea of what still needs to be done yet. Also if we do end up going with that til mnual, the timing with the music and the path itself would need to be modified from the original plan.

vieo with Aspi's tail mnual part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzufNRYTOwo

Rabid's plan and what I followed making my part since like Rabid, I also didn't think that tail manual was all that impressive. https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img215/6511/screenshot20100617at114c.png

here's the video with the first half of the addition i did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Z_e42YdIQ
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Sorry aspi, but I love what SCG did and I don't think it's any worse than what you did, just a different style. I loved the tail manual too, but what SCG did is just as good and I think it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.
Just throwing my bit of input in.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:48 pm

meh, I give up. Not gonna even say anything anymore, nobody seems to like anything I do.

I don't think this will ever get finished.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:50 pm

We're being way to perfect about a simple 3 second ending. Let SCG finish it if he can, we don't need the most powerful fling ever, do you honestly think the viewers will care about a simple ending fling? Just make a special fling, doesn't have to be the strongest ever >.>
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:18 am

aw cmon were not in a war or something, thsi is Line Rider, aka non srs bsns, just let them take their time...

"if we rush to release this in time, then it wont be as good as if we take our time to finish it good."

i dunno why i just did that but i like to add somethign special Suspicious
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:42 am

Well rabid, I think you are asking too much of us, maybe you should be more openminded for suggestions (about the track, I mean)? Because you're right. With what you want, this won't get done.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:47 pm

I am confused
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Rafael wrote:Well rabid, I think you are asking too much of us, maybe you should be more openminded for suggestions (about the track, I mean)? Because you're right. With what you want, this won't get done.
when I said "hey guys, take the .sol and make the most epic 15 seconds you can" people made 2 seconds and then said "is this good?" then when I say yes or no, you say to stop being so closed-minded.

hence me saying nobody likes anything I do no matter what I do.

I'm willing for anyone to do anything they want, but you guys want me to get specific or you won't do anything. Heck, I can't even quirk! I don't know why I'm calling the shots on this thing. It's just that nobody else will!

Hence me saying whatever/I quit/figure it out yourself and hence me saying it'll never get done.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Well, if this ever gets done it will have quite the story behind it's history. xD Lots of drama.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 pm

At this point, I'd just propose going off Lukking's sol, who went right after me, then do one last fling sending Bosh flying up in to a stall and ending it.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next