We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to record linerider tracks?

4 posters

Go down

How to record linerider tracks? Empty How to record linerider tracks?

Post by MojoSmelz Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm a n00b(not a linerider cos i can do manuals, scenery, tail manuals. etc)i've no idea what to do in order to present my tracks to other people in other words i'm asking for help about recording.

these are a punch of things i'd like people replying to mention:

*what program should i use to record my vids(also where to download it from).
*how to start recording the track and edit it.
*how to add music.
*how to acsess the file.
*how to input an intro in where you introduce your self and the track.
*and the same for the credits.
*and most importantly how to show it to you guys Wink.

If any one could help me i'd be ever so thankful.

yours truly MojoSmelz

Last edited by MojoSmelz on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry missed things out)
MojoSmelz
MojoSmelz

https://www.youtube.com/user/MojoSmelz

Back to top Go down

How to record linerider tracks? Empty Re: How to record linerider tracks?

Post by King D Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Assuming you have a PC try Hypercam 2 or Camstudio to record.
I don't know for sure about Camstudio but for Hypercam 2 you will probably find the recording in your documents folder uness you specify for it to go elsewhere.
Also assuing you have a PC you probably have Windows Movie Maker. If not google it noob. Stern but Fair Anyways that allows you basic editing including music. Just put all the videos and/or pictures you want in the video slidey thing area and the music in the audio slidey thing area.
Then upload it to youtube.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say good luck. Thumbs Up
King D
King D

Back to top Go down

Post by deathbybunnies6 Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:35 am

If you use a mac (such as I) you can download iShowU, iShowU HD Pro, or ScreenFlow *disclaimer*
You will need to search the web to get the serial code or download a torrent for any of them unless you are willing to pay around $50
deathbybunnies6
deathbybunnies6

http://deathbybunnies6.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:00 am

deathbybunnies6 wrote:If you use a mac (such as I) you can download iShowU, iShowU HD Pro, or ScreenFlow *disclaimer*
You will need to search the web to get the serial code or download a torrent for any of them unless you are willing to pay around $50
If you're willing to torrent/serialsearch/pay/stuff and you use a Mac, you can also use Snapz Pro X, which I find to be better than ScreenFlow, provided you have a pretty good computer. It creates more lag (although less than iShowU or DisplayEater, which is another thing you can use that's free if you get the right version) than ScreenFlow, but ScreenFlow does weird things if you interrupt things while it's processing, and ScreenFlow records the entire screen so you'd need Adobe After Effects or something like that to clip it.
So yeah, Snapz Pro X is the best Mac screen recorder IMO, and it has a very nice trial if you want to try it out first.

For editing, I recommend Adobe After Effects for Mac or PC, although it costs money (but is easy to torrent and such).
If you have a PC and no money and don't want to do anything illegal, use Windows Media Player. For Mac and no money and no want to do illegal stuff, iMovie.

As for how to access the file, do you mean the file the track is stored in by LR itself? That's called the .sol file (full name savedLines.sol, caps sensitive), and there are many tutorials for it.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by MojoSmelz Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:29 am

Thank you. all of the people who have participated in helping me
hopefully other n00bs who have the same problems i do(did) will check out this page and get the same advice i did

Panic
Regards from
MojoSmelz
MojoSmelz
MojoSmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by MojoSmelz Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:50 pm

i've used hypercam2 but what i don't understand is when i want to watch my vids the screen just go's black or grey
any tips?
MojoSmelz
MojoSmelz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down