We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert

+9
Wolf_Spirit
Commandercoke
GhostY
Helios Pavonine
Rafael
Wizzy
Opal Rider
Cereal
rabid squirrel
13 posters

Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert Empty Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Welcome to video of the week, where I pick a random video from my exceptional playlist and talk about it in depth Very Happy

----------

THIS WEEK'S VIDEO: #137

Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn9QOfX9nPE

Oh man oh man oh man, what hasn't been said about this track? I swear this was a randomly generated number from the playlist xD

Well, I think I can say that this is the greatest solo track ever made, with it having won ToC3 and all. It also got a holy shoe. (easily) It's also one of the largest scenery projects ever at around 200 to 300 thousand lines. It has provided inspiration for most people who are currently sceners today. It will stand forever as a monument of the incredible feats of humankind (:|)

For those who don't know, it was originally released unfinished, in February 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDX26r4ogoI
Then in July, LRG made this thread and we were like OMG: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t2034-breathtaking-silence
He released it a few days later in time for ToC3. It was pretty epic. I certainly wasn't expecting him to finish it. To date I believe it is the only project that someone was like "I give up, not gonna finish" and then later "SURPRISE I ACTUALLY AM GONNA FINISH!" and then did :P

so yeah. epicness.

I will say though, it bugged me that he had different sections rather than one continuous track. It made it seem almost like a series of minitracks rather than a masterpiece. But whatever.

Oh, and the sliding pictures still annoy the crap out of me. UGGGGHHHH I can't believe he didn't re-release a video without those. so annoying.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert

Post by Cereal Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm

omg, dis sux. wat a whoribal trck.

8D
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert

Post by Opal Rider Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm

I remember seeing the preview of this before joining a forum and was like, "Man, he probably won't finish this", but then I looked into it and found the video a few months later.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm

^ what Cereal said :|
and actually Sorvius took the crown for most lines at around 700k or something like that in Manual Mayhem Supernatural
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Wizzy wrote:actually Sorvius took the crown for most lines at around 700k or something like that in Manual Mayhem Supernatural
rabid squirrel wrote:It's also one of the largest scenery projects ever at around 200 to 300 thousand lines
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Wizzy wrote:actually Sorvius took the crown for most lines at around 700k or something like that in Manual Mayhem Supernatural
rabid squirrel wrote:It's also one of the largest scenery projects ever at around 200 to 300 thousand lines

Cool story, bro
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 am

I lol'd when I saw the title xD
And yeah, those pictures are really annoying :/
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 am

And then I remember 2008, when Line Rider was just a toy. This track is also the perfect example of the evolution of Line Rider in general. Everything changes, and I don't know if that's good or not. I suppose it's the destiny of everything in the world.

Cool track bro.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 am

this track is sex 8D
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:26 am

This track is so good that I don't watch it anymore. It shows me how much I still need to improve and so it depresses me. It also makes me upset that this will be LRG's last track. ;-;
I can't imagine it ever being beaten.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Commandercoke wrote:This track is so good that I don't watch it anymore. It shows me how much I still need to improve and so it depresses me.
^ That
Still an enjoyable track all the same ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm just awestruck by LRG's imagination. He can think up some crazy shenanigans.

btw, you already have a VotW #16. This one should be #17.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Chui Ninji wrote:I'm just awestruck by LRG's imagination. He can think up some crazy shenanigans.

btw, you already have a VotW #16. This one should be #17.
whoops ty
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 pm

How about a sub forum for VotW? 8D
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Rapto wrote:How about a sub forum for VotW? 8D
nah
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Dude this is one beast track, it is insane. This track is one of many, of my inspiractions, like mount Abstractia but this is way better then that. Amazing Rabid's Video of the Week #17 - Breathtaking Silence by LineRiderGjert 992897
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:14 pm

I finally noticed a mistake at 2:24 a bird disappears :O
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Sheldon wrote:I finally noticed a mistake at 2:24 a bird disappears :O
that looks like a problem with the video itself, not the track - the bird seems to suddenly split away from its real self (which remains) and follow Bosh for a split second and then disappear.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down