We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My computer did what?

4 posters

Go down

My computer did what? Empty My computer did what?

Post by Wizzy Sun May 15, 2011 1:20 am

Today I went on my computer and for some reason it decided to Charlie Sheen. Yeah, all my desktop icons were missing and I was like "wtfmayn" so I did a search for my lr clips and .sols, and even though I still had them, they were in some weird location as well as the rest of my files. It's strange because nothing is missing. I think that (and I don't know if I'm evening say this right/is my conjecture) the default user folder (C;/documents and settings/owner) got switched to a newly created (I also have no idea how this came to be) owner/YOUKJASJHDSK something like that folder. My questoin was, how the heck do I change the default user folder back to it's original, because I had to copy/paste everything into the new folder.

Has anyone else had this happen before?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

My computer did what? Empty Re: My computer did what?

Post by Yobanjojoe Sun May 15, 2011 4:40 am

hmmm....

yea i have no idea how that happened.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun May 15, 2011 5:58 am

I had a weird .sol move a few weeks ago... Probably a virus.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 am

I believe i countered this a while back ago when i had my old desktop computer, I believe you can get away with it, by putting everything into the recycling bin and put it back on your screen. Then make a copy of the default foler and put all your old stuff in the default folder into the new folder and then delete the default folder, I hope that works.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum