We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black - Dawn

+13
Smitsy
rabid squirrel
WTB
Stallie
linerage
Wolf_Spirit
CamQuartr
Rafael
Lankher
Helios Pavonine
Opal Rider
Cereal
Dawn
17 posters

Go down

Black - Dawn Empty Black - Dawn

Post by Dawn Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:34 pm

I know title is total uncreative ^^

Ok this is my first track 8D
Hope you enjoy it...

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Black - Dawn Empty Re: Black - Dawn

Post by Cereal Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:39 pm

That was really fun! It just got better and better. Also, for this being your first release, some of those flings were really impressive. Wink

I see that you also have the basics of manuals down, but here's a tip if you want to improve them: Try to have equal pressure/as much pressure as you can in a manual. That basically means that you should make the force of the sled against the lines equal all the way through.

I see a lot of potential Thumbs Up
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:18 pm

That was your first track WHAT!? Stop Joking.If That's you first track then I'm crazy.I guess some tips would be to work on the flow.One example would be at :37.He was at that one spot way too long.But I'm not going to criticize too much.... First track...
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:32 am

Shocked You are amazing. Those flings, how did you learn them so fast? Just work on your manual pressure and circularity.

Oh wow.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:05 am

It wasn't your first track.

Maybe your first track that you released, but it's not your first track.

Last edited by Lankher on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:42 am

Lankher wrote:It wasn't your first track.

Maybe your first track that you released, but it's not your first track.
True, i've played line rider befor 2 years awhile. So when i started again i have knowen some tricks like manual, Gravity well, anti gravity well and other things.
At the beginning of the track i've never understand how a fling works, but after i watched some sol. and used cheat engine for slomo 8D (Flings weren't really hard now)

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:23 am

Wow, you really see a lot of evolution throughout this track o_O. I enjoyed it a lot. The song fit really, really well!
I'd like to add something to Cereal's criticism:
Try to make the nose go slightly through the line. That is the strongest a manual can be. You can't always do this but you should aim for that. Also, when the hands are divided (like on 0:50) it's pretty much impossible to make a perfectly smooth nose manual. Try to avoid that by using a hand well or something like that.
Also, try to make your wells as strong as possible, this might help you with that.
Keep playing man!
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:35 pm

1:23 - 1:33 holy sh-

for a first released track, that was outstanding sir. I saw some amazing improvement thar, and I hope to see more.

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:53 pm

First track?!
My God, that was amazing ^^
You really did get so much better as the track went on. At the start I was thinking "This guy is REALLY good for his first track" Then as it went further I was thinking "Holy shiii-" Your quirks became pretty fantastic and your manuals became much better too!
I am really impressed with what you did, the track was actually a long one, the evolution and progression of your tricks and skill made the video much more enjoyable.
I really hope to see more from you in the future, fantastic work ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Hmm... I feel aspi33/scg in that track..
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:51 pm

It is good to see your doing different styles then what you usually do. Black - Dawn 232659
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:12 am

This really makes me depressed.

1:23-1:33 is probably 5x as good as anything I could do, and it's his/her first track.....While I've been playing for 4 years...
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:53 pm

WTB wrote:This really makes me depressed.

1:23-1:33 is probably 5x as good as anything I could do, and it's his/her first track.....While I've been playing for 4 years...
it kinda looks similar to aspi and stuff, but it's actually kind of sloppy in comparison. It's there but not really necessary, and doesn't affect his movement much more than a normal flings

My advice would be to watch MrZNF's and anomaly76's videos. They're really excellent and have really shaped trackmaking more than anyone else.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:58 pm

ignoring the first track blatant lie, this was awesome. Nice Wink
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:07 pm

I think i'm learning really fast(thanks TASing for the patience and smartness), but i have problems with shoulder fling, foot and tail fling :|

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Hmm. Keep your flings long enough so that they don't shift. I'm fine with constant chains (I do that a lot) but make sure it doesn't wobble during a fling.

Second, put the most power into flings that you can. Long lines do put in power sometimes, but distance between lines (as in up and down, not far apart) will also work. I think someone names Hkay made a well stacking tutorial that showed what to do. It's available on YouTube.

Take advantage of your ability to zoom in! Press Shift+Move your mous upwards to get it to zoom in really far. Then you could smooth out your manuals and make sure that they are nice and even.

Other than hat, awesome work! Great first and second official LR video you have there, and I wish you luck in the future.

If you ever get frustrated with LR, take a quick break. It never hurts to do so.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 pm

invers hand flying in your first track !! awesome
I envy you very much, I've never been good at trackmaking^^ nice work
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14 pm

HG42 wrote:I think someone names Hkay made a well stacking tutorial that showed what to do. It's available on YouTube.

That would be Chui Ninji, actually.

@ the track, great job! I'm really impressed. Especially at your preview. I just know you're gonna be outstanding at LR.

Also, yay, another German/Swiss/Austrian guy Very Happy
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Just looked at the preview and... you're improving REALLY fast. Just try to work on making flings and such look clean and try to avoid stacking if possible. Wink
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Orthuss wrote:
HG42 wrote:I think someone names Hkay made a well stacking tutorial that showed what to do. It's available on YouTube.

That would be Chui Ninji, actually.

@ the track, great job! I'm really impressed. Especially at your preview. I just know you're gonna be outstanding at LR.

Also, yay, another German/Swiss/Austrian guy Very Happy

Totally thought someone was using {username} until I quoted it. :|

Dawn, the last thing you did in Nicht gelistet, the slomo part... If you're gonna do something like that, and you want to keep your speed, turn your wells the other direction. It makes it a bit awkward to get the well, but it speeds Bosh up, instead of slowing him down. Kind of the same logic behind alt flings.

Aside from the whole "first track" shenanigan, I like them both a lot. You have a lot of potential. Smile
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down