We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Computer: FUUUUUUU

5 posters

Go down

Dear Computer: FUUUUUUU Empty Dear Computer: FUUUUUUU

Post by Traxis Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Whenever I restart my PC, whther by the restart option under start, forcefully holding in the button, or whatever it may be, it doesn't start back up for 2-3 more tries. Whenever it starts up like this it is immensely laggy. I have had it twice in the last month where it actually starts up right away and it was fine, but I just can not get it to start up normally now. It's far to laggy to even use the internet now, so I can't do anything. I'll probably send my PC in to get checked out soon as well.
I have
-defragged
-disk cleanup
-MalwareBytes and Windows Security Virus scanned
-Googled Answers
-Asked my mom

None of these do anything good, except one time it worked after I did Disk cleanup and then restarted it. Sadly, it doesn't work anymore.

Basically, I won't be on for a while because my computer is retarded, and unless one of you have a solution, it will probably be like this for a while.

OMG IT TOOK LIKE 40 MINUTES TO WRITE THIS WAITING FOR THE KEYS TO POP UP AFTER I CLICKED THEM. ONE MISTAKE = +2 MINUTES

tl;dr: PC sucks, so I'm leaving.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Dear Computer: FUUUUUUU Empty Re: Dear Computer: FUUUUUUU

Post by hypothet Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Oh, I've experienced weird problems like these. Clean out your computer of dust and make sure you check bios and see if starting in safemode does anything. Good luck? o.O

EDIT: Do a system restore if you can. See if there was a point where it didn't lag. Find that point and restore it.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:52 pm

HG42 wrote:Oh, I've experienced weird problems like these. Clean out your computer of dust and make sure you check bios and see if starting in safemode does anything. Good luck? o.O

EDIT: Do a system restore if you can. See if there was a point where it didn't lag. Find that point and restore it.
Dust Cleaned out before I posted this, safemode doesn't work if the problem starts the moment my PC starts, and I tried to restore to February first and it said "It can not be restored; the files are the exact same.
Sad

Whats bios?
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 am

Backup your files, format your computer.
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by -Nexus- Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:17 am

Is your hdd full? xd. I don't know if it could cause pproblems like this but, just an idea i had.
-Nexus-
-Nexus-

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:35 am

Traxis wrote:
HG42 wrote:Oh, I've experienced weird problems like these. Clean out your computer of dust and make sure you check bios and see if starting in safemode does anything. Good luck? o.O

Dust Cleaned out before I posted this, safemode doesn't work if the problem starts the moment my PC starts, and I tried to restore to February first and it said "It can not be restored; the files are the exact same.
Sad

Whats bios?
bios is basically the program in the motherboard that determines startup, hardware options, etc. the bios settings can be accessed by holding a key on startup (F12 i think).
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 am

Can't reformat, no disks to do so
How can I see if my hdd is full
And I will try safemode now.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down