We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is TechDawgg the answer?

+13
Wolf_Spirit
Kohuda
Sssschiller
Rafael
Ktk
Chui Ninji
Z_N-Freak
iPi
Wizzy
linerage
Cereal
Summoning
Traxis
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is TechDawgg the answer? Empty Is TechDawgg the answer?

Post by Traxis Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 pm

NOTE: Thoughts off the top of my head, some is probably wrong, just some ideas.

I've noticed a few complaints about the forum being dead, and people are inactive, and we have no new members, etc.

It's all gone downhill since we lost IRtL
You can't argue that a large portion of the members were because of TechDawgg and his amazing tracks. I think, because we don't have such a large contributor, the original site is gone, and in general IRtL itself is gone, it will never go back to how it is.

The few people who have stayed are the ones who actually care, and there aren't a lot. I used to be on every day all day, and now I'm rarely on here. Many others are the same. Line rider in general has gotten boring for many of us, and because of that we have been coming here and contributing less.

Epically off topic from my main point, but still. TechDawgg was the reason the last forum thrived, and Line Rider is essentially the reason this forum died.

EDIT: Why does TechDaw*g automatically add 2 g's .-.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Is TechDawgg the answer? Empty Re: Is TechDawgg the answer?

Post by Summoning Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Rarely on here as in I see you post like everyday xD.

I don't think linerider gets boring because of forum inactivity lol, it gets boring because we play it to death. And sure TechDawgg brought publicity to the site, he was the best scener back in the day. We would probably still have members if this site was as well advertised as IRTL was and if some members knew we even moved here. I'm sure there are still people clicking on TechDawgg's links on his videos to go to IRTL still, finding it to be dead.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Summoning wrote:Rarely on here as in I see you post like everyday xD.

I don't think linerider gets boring because of forum inactivity lol, it gets boring because we play it to death. And sure TechDawgg brought publicity to the site, he was the best scener back in the day. We would probably still have members if this site was as well advertised as IRTL was and if some members knew we even moved here. I'm sure there are still people clicking on TechDawgg's links on his videos to go to IRTL still, finding it to be dead.

I said forum inactivity is because Line Rider got boring, which makes sense.

Yeah, which is why I want the old URL back.

Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 pm

TechDawg was the main reason so many people joined, not just because he made the site, but because he was active for a couple years as well.

Now we have to rely on the currently active members to figure out ways to get the site more popular.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Just because the game is boring doesn't mean people don't want to come to the forum. Plenty of people here don't play anymore and still post all the time, such as Purtle. I too find the game boring, I mostly play for some kind of nostalgia effect, but I would still come here if I quit. And a URL doesn't mean anything, if we were to advertise this site, we would possibly get members. But I don't see any effort besides putting a simple link in the description which a lot of people don't even read.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Even if TechDawgg is the answer, there's no way to get the answer... But yes, i agree on TechDawgg's absence affecting the activity of the site
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Summoning wrote:Just because the game is boring doesn't mean people don't want to come to the forum. ] Plenty of people here don't play anymore and still post all the time, such as Purtle. I too find the game boring, I mostly play for some kind of nostalgia effect, but I would still come here if I quit. It is true, but Purtle is a bad example as he never played much. Many people haven't left, but they are much less active than they were when they played Line Rider. And a URL doesn't mean anything, if we were to advertise this site, we would possibly get members. I have to disagree with this. TechDawgg's videos have thousands of views, each with a link, bringing in members. But I don't see any effort besides putting a simple link in the description which a lot of people don't even read.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 pm

I think Rabid or someone else censored TechDawgg to have 2 g's, like how Line Rider was censored to lien rider
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 pm

People looked up to TechDawgg because his tracks were fairly decent and actually looked do-able, and the scenery was the compliment and inspiration to everyone. I bet if we just did more scenery, people would see it as more exciting and fun. I've showed people some amazing tracks like Vision by H4M, and all they said was "cool" but when I showed them tracks like Evolution, it was like "ZOMGWTF" I think it's because they don't get how long it takes to make a fling, manual, etc. The track has never really mattered to the general audience, I think it was all just the imagery that he put into his tracks that really drew everyone to the site. No offense to the track makers. I even show my mom some naked tracks, and all she says is "Oh you didn't make any art this time? Cool I guess." :| MOM. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT TOOK?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Wizzy wrote:People looked up to TechDawgg because his tracks were fairly decent and actually looked do-able, and the scenery was the compliment and inspiration to everyone. I bet if we just did more scenery, people would see it as more exciting and fun. I've showed people some amazing tracks like Vision by H4M, and all they said was "cool" but when I showed them tracks like Evolution, it was like "ZOMGWTF" I think it's because they don't get how long it takes to make a fling, manual, etc. The track has never really mattered to the general audience, I think it was all just the imagery that he put into his tracks that really drew everyone to the site. No offense to the track makers. I even show my mom some naked tracks, and all she says is "Oh you didn't make any art this time? Cool I guess." :| MOM. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT TOOK?

You actually have a really good point there o.o
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:28 pm

It's pretty logical that to a non-trained eye a naked track looks like some guy on a sled racing over some lines doing things that defy the laws of physic (aka, they don't seem to make sense) and that's it.

If you add scenery people will see the dude racing through some kind of awesome world filled with joy or w/e you make of it and it will be more fun to watch to them. It's maybe an unsatisfying fact, but it's true and we gotta know and make use of that information if we want more people to join. (Note: I'm not going to start scening tracks)
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Honestly, I think it's the increased competition and expectancy of Line Rider now. Now, I'm not saying this competition is bad, because it births new things in Line Rider, and keeps it (relatively) fresh -- but look at it from the perspective of an outsider. If you're not in the competition from the start, it's really hard to catch up. Frankly, the competition is intimidating. The competitors are having a blast, and can't quite understand why it's not fun for others, or why it's not drawing in new players, but the newer players are scared of excess criticism and high expectations.

Now, I'm not going to assume that no one has fun making tracks anymore, but I think it's safe to say that track making is less fun and more competition. I also think -- going on a limb here -- that tracks are meant more to intimidate than entertain. Of course, there are exceptions, but in general, I believe that is so.

tldr; New players be all like "OH SHI-! I NO CAN HAZ LR! MUST PLAY COD!" when day see new track, instead of "Oooh. Lemme get all up in dat shi-." :| Yeah.

PS. No plausible solution given because no matter what path we take, it's a win-lose situation. More competition, less players. More entertainment, less players, lesser high-quality tracks.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:58 am

Wizzy = Logic God

Make more scenery tracks, get them noticed on YouTube. GO GO GO!
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:07 am

It's about time people realize my awesomeness :| now admin promotion.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:52 am

Agreed, Wizzy. At your covered > naked post.

Except we all know how long scenery tracks make. And after the shock factor of the first Line Rider tracks, it's ever so difficult to fascinate an apathetic audience.
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:29 am

Wizzy wrote:People looked up to TechDawgg because his tracks were fairly decent and actually looked do-able, and the scenery was the compliment and inspiration to everyone. I bet if we just did more scenery, people would see it as more exciting and fun. I've showed people some amazing tracks like Vision by H4M, and all they said was "cool" but when I showed them tracks like Evolution, it was like "ZOMGWTF" I think it's because they don't get how long it takes to make a fling, manual, etc. The track has never really mattered to the general audience, I think it was all just the imagery that he put into his tracks that really drew everyone to the site. No offense to the track makers. I even show my mom some naked tracks, and all she says is "Oh you didn't make any art this time? Cool I guess." Is TechDawgg the answer? 581354 MOM. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT TOOK?
I was about to make a post like this and then you did it already 8D
It's also because WE don't make any tracks. Two years ago, I (and I think everyone here) released a track every 2 weeks, now I release a track every 3 months.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:11 am

I see also the newbies dont make scenery tracks anymore. When i started line rider i wanted to make tracks AND scene them. but nowadays it's just making tracks to train your skills to get so good like a pro. It seems line rider got a competition or a showing off.
Another point is: who wants to see a guy on a sled bouncing around like on lsd? The friends i showed such tracks just said "man, have u a life?" but when i showed them some scenery tracks they said " wow, that's creativity". people don't want to see all this naked stuff. They dont want to look behind the scenery. they want pictures and landscapes where bosh rides on or around. naked tracks have only our interests, not more.
And also things like that fascinates the people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKXxJ03E18

i know you guys above me already said this points, but i just wanted to describe how i feel about it. Wink
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:46 am

Wizzy wrote:People looked up to TechDawgg because his tracks were fairly decent and actually looked do-able, and the scenery was the compliment and inspiration to everyone. I bet if we just did more scenery, people would see it as more exciting and fun. I've showed people some amazing tracks like Vision by H4M, and all they said was "cool" but when I showed them tracks like Evolution, it was like "ZOMGWTF" I think it's because they don't get how long it takes to make a fling, manual, etc. The track has never really mattered to the general audience, I think it was all just the imagery that he put into his tracks that really drew everyone to the site. No offense to the track makers. I even show my mom some naked tracks, and all she says is "Oh you didn't make any art this time? Cool I guess." :| MOM. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT TOOK?

You're not the only one that has figured this out, you know. :| Just sayin
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:15 pm

So it's basically decided, a large portion of the dying community is because no new people are inspired by scenery, they see our lame naked tracks and think "Oh, so many people aren't creative, I don't wanna be like them!"
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Traxis that's why the community is inactive, the question is how do we make it active.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Well people have suggested it before and it has never happened. A WrtL advert.
We'll just display some awesome tracks which won MotW, some stuff that won LAotW then put it up on linerider.com and have some people keep tabs on it making sure it isn't voted down and keep it in the top spot. Many many people watch videos from there so it's worth a try ^^

Last edited by Wolf_Spirit on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Kohuded wrote:Traxis that's why the community is inactive, the question is how do we make it active.

The easiest way to make it active is getting more new people who stay, compared to making old people come here more. Which means we need more people who are awesome to make scenery tracks, and promote the website in their video.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:35 pm

We need IRTL to get people not some forumotion site.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 pm

I like wolf spirits idea! i thought something similar Very Happy
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Wolf_Spirit wrote:Well people have suggested it before and it has never happened. A WrtL advert.
We'll just display some awesome tracks which won MotW, some stuff that won LAotW then put it up on linerider.com and have some people keep tabs on it making sure it isn't voted down and keep it in the top spot. Many many people watch videos from there so it's worth a try ^^

adverts have almost never worked. we just need more scenery tracks, that's pretty much it. I used to get an average of like 100 comments and several thousand views on all my scenery tracks but that doesn't happen anymore because the rest are all naked and IMO, every naked track is unfinished. Nobody wants to watch something that's half done :|
Someone go remake die at the slopes
/givesselfidea
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum