We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouch... I'll be on and off :\

+20
Rafael
Yobanjojoe
Painlobster
Purtle
-Nexus-
Z_N-Freak
KillinTime2792
TheRevTastic
LineMagiX
GhostY
ACwazHere
hypothet
CamQuartr
Chui Ninji
Lankher
Wizzy
Georgio_jc
Cereal
SPL4SHZ0N3
Votale
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ouch... I'll be on and off :\ Empty Ouch... I'll be on and off :

Post by Votale Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 pm

"Here's the full story: In was pitching, threw the ball, and had a come back line drive going at least 100mph hit me right in the face. There was basically one millisecond between the sound of the bat hitting the ball and me being on my knees blacking out. I saw blood gushing from my head, and couldn't even tell if my left eye was still there. I was sitting on the field for about 15 minutes until EMTs got there and I was taken in an ambulance. After a bunch of tests and scans they found out I had no internal bleeding, but my eye socket is broken in 3 places and my skull is fractured between my eyes and above my nose. Stitches closing a laceration above my eye. Eric said it was so deep he saw bone.. haha. (Leah has pictures). Also, my left eye is swollen shut. Some air went through the skull fracture above my nose which made air pockets between my brain and skull which could let spinal fluid through, but they think that won't happen. I have a bruised retina also, so it's tough. I look like a boxer from the swelling. Pretty sick."

That's the story. I was pitching, and I throw about 86 mph. He hit a straight line drive right at my face even harder. My whole left see is swollen shut. Got some injuries. I can't play baseball for about 6 weeks, so I'll be lying around cause I can't do much or else the broken bones will move and I'll need surgery then. If you guys wanna see some pics tell me :P This all happened yesterday-today. I was in the hopsital overnight.

-Votale
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Ouch... I'll be on and off :\ Empty Re: Ouch... I'll be on and off :\

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

dude very, very sorry to hear about that. Hopefully everything heals up. But yes Pics would be epic. xD

SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:35 pm

"Ouch" is right :P

Hope you get better...
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:52 pm

NOTE: I look so weird in all of these xD

https://2img.net/h/i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/NiNjATeaMAwesoMe/IMG_20110215_195129.jpg?t=1297896608
^Right when I got to the hospital.

https://2img.net/h/i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/NiNjATeaMAwesoMe/IMG_20110215_211444.jpg?t=1297896665
^Right before stitchings.

https://2img.net/h/i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/NiNjATeaMAwesoMe/SSPX0449.jpg?t=1297896712
^My unshowered and dirty body after a night in the hospital. haha swollen to the max.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:06 pm

damn dude, sucks hard if you can't do anything for such a long time..i know :/
hope it'll heal without problems and such!
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:23 pm

oh wow... eye patch time? :|
now you can be a REAL pirate 8D

but dude that really sucks. im sorry to hear that. i got hit in the face with a baseball pretty good too some years ago. the game didnt even start and i was supposed to pitch but during practice this kid threw the ball to me and i underestimated how high it would go and it landed perfectly on my face. i was gushing blood everywhere. wasn't a pretty sight Suspicious no pun intended
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:24 pm

My uncle got hit by a bandy club in his eye, pretty similar to that, but his eye was crushed though, so he lost that eye.

ah and also: Pwnt.
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Dude. As much as that sucks, that's also pretty epic. Be sure to take pictures of the scar once it closes up and heals and stuff. Scars are hottt. Especially when they involve the eye(s).

On another note, is there any permanent damage to the eye? Eyes are delicate, you know. (I'm not very medically advanced, so I can't just guess by your quoted paragraph of descriptions)
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

jeez that looks painful

well, get well soon

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Shhhiiiiit. That effing sucks, man. Sorry that happened. Sometimes you wish that someone was there to yell "DUCK!" before it hit you or something, but I really hope you're alright, because that friggin' sucks real bad. (slang 8D)

But, in all seriousness, I hope you recover and hope that your eye does too, because we don't want you seeing in 2d, and I doubt you would either. :/

EDIT: Off topic. Do you bleach your teeth or something? xD How do you get them to be so white? Holy sh it.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Holy ****. You're a lucky guy. Hope you heal quickly.

ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Lucky? @AC

Last edited by HG42 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 pm

ow that looks like it hurts lol.

i hope you don't have any permanent damage D:
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 pm

I hope the ball is ok! D:
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 pm

What kind of pain killers did you get? 8D

You're in the money if you got a butt-load of oxycodone. Bonus points for some kind of morphine.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 pm

As AC said, I am extremely lucky. I saw a few eye doctors and facial doctors. Nothing will require surgery, and even the skull fracture and 3 breaks in my eye socket won't need surgery.

Here's how lucky I am. The ball hit me right above the eye, moving down to my cheek because of the angle of my face and the ball coming at me. Basically, the" "floor" of the eye socket was completely broken, yet it stayed in place and did not shift and move down, or else my whole eye would have collapsed with it. The only thing wrong with me eye is a simple bruised retina, which heals with time. The nerve that keeps one eye moving with the other was not hindered by the break, so they move together still, which is extremely lucky! All breaks and fractures did not move too much to heal on their own, so I did not need any surgery to repair it.

They said I'm so so so lucky not to have internal bleeding or leaking spinal fluid which can be fatal. I'm seriously blessed not to have an permanent damage to the eye or anything that they can see. I have upcoming appointments, so I'll keep you guys posted as much as possible. Thank you all<3

EDIT: Haha @.boo I got 2 shots of morphine last night, it didn't have a huge effect on me. I'm not taking painkillers because I can
tolerate it. I'm taking anti-biotics and stuff to avoid bad infection but that's about it.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:13 pm

HG42 wrote:Lucky? @AC

By lucky he probably means he is lucky he didn't loose sight in his eye or his eye all together or get a concussion.

I know how it feels, last year during football practice, school hadn't even started for the year yet, i got my wrist broken and my arm was in the shape of the letter z.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 pm

were you wearing a helmet?
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Votale wrote:As AC said, I am extremely lucky. I saw a few eye doctors and facial doctors. Nothing will require surgery, and even the skull fracture and 3 breaks in my eye socket won't need surgery.

Here's how lucky I am. The ball hit me right above the eye, moving down to my cheek because of the angle of my face and the ball coming at me. Basically, the" "floor" of the eye socket was completely broken, yet it stayed in place and did not shift and move down, or else my whole eye would have collapsed with it. The only thing wrong with me eye is a simple bruised retina, which heals with time. The nerve that keeps one eye moving with the other was not hindered by the break, so they move together still, which is extremely lucky! All breaks and fractures did not move too much to heal on their own, so I did not need any surgery to repair it.

They said I'm so so so lucky not to have internal bleeding or leaking spinal fluid which can be fatal. I'm seriously blessed not to have an permanent damage to the eye or anything that they can see. I have upcoming appointments, so I'll keep you guys posted as much as possible. Thank you all<3

EDIT: Haha @.boo I got 2 shots of morphine last night, it didn't have a huge effect on me. I'm not taking painkillers because I can
tolerate it. I'm taking anti-biotics and stuff to avoid bad infection but that's about it.

Wow, that ís lucky D:
In Dutch we would call that a serious case of "geluk bij een ongeluk", which would translate too: Lucky when unlucky, or something, it sounds stupid in English :|
Anyway, let them bruises and shizzle heal and good luck with all other stuff too. Hope you get better soon ^^
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by -Nexus- Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Oh no!
Ouch... I'll be on and off :\ Shocked-1

and then

Ouch... I'll be on and off :\ 061013_happy_feet oyes you're alright Inverted Onoz

Also:
Hope you get better soon ^^
-Nexus-
-Nexus-

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 pm

wow damn, you're quite lucky, it could have been a lot worse. Not to say it doesn't suck though.

Good luck on recovery, also, I would appreciate it if you put a little warning above your pictures saying there is blood/etc and may be inappropriate (preferably in red font before the links)

I know it sounds silly but <3
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 am

Hot damn that sucks =/. Buuuuuut, no permanent damage, das gud, and you get a pretty sweet scar out of this deal, so das real gud.

Get better soon :P
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 am

i got hit straight in the eye with a soccerball, i didn't black out, but i had double vision for the rest of the day.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:31 am

Wow Votale, that sucks O.o
Hope you'll recover soon, good luck :/
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 am

wow comopared to this, my broken arm is nothing...
that must hurt really bad Sad
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: