We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Effing vegas

4 posters

Go down

Effing vegas Empty Effing vegas

Post by Smitsy Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 pm

I have an english project in for thursday and i need to make a video about a poem (into battle, julian grenfell) with music (total eclipse of the heart) and lyrics and pictures and videos.
This is insanely important, and when i download YT videos that i want to use it just doesnt work. If its an wmv, when i drag it onto the timeline the mouse becomes a red circle with a cross through it and it wont show up on the timeline. If i double click it, it comes up with an error (File C:\Users\Lewis\Videos\Vancouver-Sunrise-Time-Lapse.wmv could not be opened.). When its an avi, that same red circle thing happens, but when i double click it nothing comes up, but in the corner it says 'Video: Stream attributes could not be determined' and 'Audio: [ditto]'. Ive been up hours trying to get this to work, and oh, i have sony vegas 9 and the yt video i want to download (vid, not audio) is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I0MV-UudSA

HELP Eep
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Effing vegas Empty Re: Effing vegas

Post by Smitsy Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Oh, and when it was mp4 and i dragged it on stage a window popped up saying something to do with errors then vegas shut down, and i lots all my work so far. Ive been doing this for 3 hours now and like 5% done, I need this to work.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by SkullNinja Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Have the same problem unless the clips are recorded with Fraps. Try WMM or another video editor.
SkullNinja
SkullNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Its far to late now, I need it done in vegas. I dont even have WMM and Im not restarting AGAIN.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 pm

YES FIXED IT
if anyones having similar problems, it needs to be an mp4, and for some reason it didnt crash like last time.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Good job. 8D But you have a new problem, you're using sony vegas.

If you like editing for recreational purposes..

Get premiere pro. You're probably going to end up doing it in the future anyways.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Have all of them (Premier, SOnyand After Effects)

You have to convert it to a mp4 or WMA or something else that supports Sony.
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm

~boo wrote:Good job. 8D But you have a new problem, you're using sony vegas.

If you like editing for recreational purposes..

Get premiere pro. You're probably going to end up doing it in the future anyways.

Vegas is a pain, i agree, but what i made (finished now) was insane and it will mop the floor with the rest of my class' shoddy powerpoints :P
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down