We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help D:

+2
Georgio_jc
Votale
6 posters

Go down

I need help D: Empty I need help D:

Post by Votale Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am

Okay. So yesterday I to a scroll around the interwebz. I says to myself "Bro go play some LR" and Standalone was all "Bro play me broseidon." How can I resist that amirite? So I open that shizzle and put in a new collab .sol. Everthing is working fine and dandy. I play for like 30 minutes, then decide "Bro I'm gonna change .sols. I'm goin' crazy man." So I go to open that localhost shizzle using a shortcut I made a while ago (I always, since I've played LR, made a shortcut to it in the LR folder and it works fine ofc.) and that shiz does this:

Spoiler:

Then I'm all "What the hell bro? :|" and it's all "No .sol switching for jhoooo." Then guess what! I go back into LR to play with the same .sola and BAM no more saves. Saves are gone. You got that? 0 saves in thar. So I do all this searching with the help of Cam, Sum, and .boo. We get nothing. So we're all like "Wtf mate" and I am in a dilemma :|

Help. Oh and my localhost folder is totally gone. I looked where it usually is located. Not there. Searched the entire C drive. Not there. I also created a localhost folder of my own where the original one SHOULD have been. It let me put a .sol in there and see the saves but I could save anything to it... So wtf is happening to meee D:
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

I need help D: Empty Re: I need help D:

Post by Georgio_jc Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:13 am

Oh dude that's crap :S

I don't know anything about that stuff, but is it possible that you accidently changed the localhost for lr to something else? dunno really Sad
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:26 am

1. Calm down
2. Did you use a link to LR (internet) or a downloaded LR version (like FlagCapper's Beta 3)?
3. If you use an internet link, you should search for the folder which begins with the name of the link.
4. If you use a downloaded LR version, I can't help you, sorry.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Podpack wrote:1. Calm down
2. Did you use a link to LR (internet) or a downloaded LR version (like FlagCapper's Beta 3)?
3. If you use an internet link, you should search for the folder which begins with the name of the link.

He uses standalone.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by -Nexus- Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:28 pm

Maybe the folder [wether localhost or the folder containing it(YY2N6WHC for me)] is in 'read-only' or 'write-only' option. Or maybe the sols are.

Or try to play with other versions;online/offline.
-Nexus-
-Nexus-

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Summoning wrote:

He uses standalone.

You can load links in Flash Player standalones too.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 pm

did you try searching for savedLines in hidden files and folders? sometimes my localhost folder has inexplicably moved before.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:11 pm

Podpack wrote:
Summoning wrote:

He uses standalone.

You can load links in Flash Player standalones too.

Typically the standalone I'm talking about = downloaded or out of internet. So yeah.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:07 pm

I fixed it :|

Turns out that somehow the "How much information can 'local' store on this computer?" option was turned to zero instead of unlimited. I guess that means it has no need for localhost and it deleted it. Super weird but w.e. I fixed. Woohoo.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum