We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to Aspi33-Perpetua

+6
Rafael
Votale
SPL4SHZ0N3
~rawr
pure5152
linerage
10 posters

Go down

Dedicated to Aspi33-Perpetua Empty Dedicated to Aspi33-Perpetua

Post by linerage Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Here's my supposed anniversary. That is because i first heard of line rider because of this, but i started actually making g-wells and manuals and stuff like srs stuff at march. Ill make another video for my real anniversary, but this is basically just dedicated to aspi33 ^_^ all my thanks are in the credits, btw. Hope you enjoyed it. I don't know why there's a black frame around it, but I suppose it's just shatty youtube's fault. Song is Stricken by Disturbed, i know aspi33 won't like it but ya know Hehe I further created this track for aspi33, because his motto is always about experimenting. I was basically experimenting alllll over this track, so maybe that's a plus? ( D: )

You'll definetly be hearing more from me, enjoy! And i would like some feed back for improving my tracks ^_^ and also i made some REALLY hard tricks in here, along with some really easy ones, to give it a mix, thanks for the advice doods. Ill post the tricks on later.

EDIT: nvm the embedded version doesn't have a black frame.

Alright ima tell the tricks nao xD (people who don't care about the tricks, it's fine with me if you don't read it. I just want to see if i invented something or not:

inversed shoulder + inversed hand combo, kind of my signature trick by now xD

tabletop alt roll. I don;t think it's possible for a 360 without making fake lines.

nose alt: alternating between fakie spidey, and normal spidey. If you see it in slomo, every other line, the sled gets cut away from bosh, and the every other other line, the sled doesn't move.

@ 0:21, that is a inversed fakie well, then a normal line to push the nose away, and then the next line for a off sled bosh peg push, then repeat.

90 degrees pinch @ 0:24. For some reason the pinch was especially fast in the transition of horizontal to vertical.

fakie inversed-butt fling, also affecting the foot and hand a little bit.

hbh fling, but created by pushing the shoulder towards the nose of the sled, and the hands facing to the top of the sled.

hand fling, inversed hand fling roll. But it's not completely that, there was a quirky nose line there some where

@0:30 is inversed hand and tail, transitioning into an inversed hand fling with only one of the ropes touching the line. (is it normal? o_o)

my favorite part: the glitchy peg well half roll, then another glitchy peg well half roll the other way, then another glitchy peg well roll 360 into bottom side of nose + fakie spidey granual

@0:37 is hbh alt with a manual, then adding nose wells under it. So it's basically kind of a dual asdf.

inversed shoulder fling, with hands behind head.

nose + shoulder

Some awesome pinching, followed by tail granual with non fakie nose.

That's about it. Did i make anything new?

linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Dedicated to Aspi33-Perpetua Empty Re: Dedicated to Aspi33-Perpetua

Post by pure5152 Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 am

yahoo! that was great! so much skill..

as for some feedback, try not to transition from trick to trick so quickly.. like, continue a fling for a decent amount of time. it just seems less chaotic in my opinion. also, a bit more speed might be nice :p
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:21 am

pure5152 wrote:yahoo! that was great! so much skill..

as for some feedback, try not to transition from trick to trick so quickly.. like, continue a fling for a decent amount of time. it just seems less chaotic in my opinion. also, a bit more speed might be nice :p

errr... I already tried to do that xD i still have to add more length?
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by ~rawr Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:54 am

yay I'm in credits again 8D

anyways
Freaking awesome I like it maybe next time you should try some all blue or some shiz like that but it had a nice flow there was a variety of tricks and yea...thats about it xD
~rawr
~rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:20 am

btw you spelled my name right

good track. kinda out of nowhere haha. and the progress you've made in a year is crazy.

Try some uber-highspeed stuff. That's what i'm doing and its so fun. GJ Smile
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:54 am

Tricks + no flow = me no likey.

But you know. Ofc, same as all your other tracks, this just had tricks. Plus the song is annoying >.>

Make flow plox. It's not all about tricks.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Votale wrote:Tricks + no flow = me no likey.

But you know. Ofc, same as all your other tracks, this just had tricks. Plus the song is annoying >.>

Make flow plox. It's not all about tricks.

... I still don't understand flow.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:08 pm

More a showoff than a track. I loved Fissure, I really loved it. But this sucks IMO. I could write a huge review about flow and stuff, but no. I've written too many of those.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Rafael wrote:More a showoff than a track. I loved Fissure, I really loved it. But this sucks IMO. I could write a huge review about flow and stuff, but no. I've written too many of those.

If I had rep I would totally -rep you for that.

I guess Incito and Vision are showoffs too and not tracks? Just because someone does awesome tricks (a lot of them) doesn't mean it's showing off. It just means they spend A LOT of time on making a track. Flow is whatever the hell you want it to be. End of story.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ~rawr Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Wizzy wrote:
Rafael wrote:More a showoff than a track. I loved Fissure, I really loved it. But this sucks IMO. I could write a huge review about flow and stuff, but no. I've written too many of those.

If I had rep I would totally -rep you for that.

I guess Incito and Vision are showoffs too and not tracks? Just because someone does awesome tricks (a lot of them) doesn't mean it's showing off. It just means they spend A LOT of time on making a track. Flow is whatever the hell you want it to be. End of story.
I could -rep him for you but anyways i agree plus this will have more flow then I will ever have :|
~rawr
~rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Wizzy, he said he doesn't know what flow is.... Chill out, grab a beer, have a party.
@ rawr, flow isn't speed consistancy, flow killer isn't a stop, flow is the track flowing together well. Hence the name flow. If flow was speed consistancy it would by called speed consistancy.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Rafael wrote:Wizzy, he said he doesn't know what flow is.... Chill out, grab a beer, have a party.
@ rawr, flow isn't speed consistancy, flow killer isn't a stop, flow is the track flowing together well. Hence the name flow. If flow was speed consistancy it would by called speed consistancy.

well you know flow isn't EVERYTHING. You can still make a good track without having it.
Also, I'm mad because you said this track sucks. Why would you even say that? It's better than anything you've ever made so far IMO trick wise. It doesn't suck. There is no such thing as a bad track. I think I've said this before but a line is a line. There is no good and there is no bad.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ~rawr Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:50 pm

I know what flow is :|

read my post again Stern but Fair
~rawr
~rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 pm

indeed it missed a finishing touch, but thats no reason to bash on the track

try to give him a hint or something instead of going all flameish
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 pm

ouch. Meh, i suppose i should make manual tracks from now on :P

EDIT: tbh, i don't think anyone actually gave me a Thumbs Up for that track though.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Another thread, another argument between Raffles and Wizzums.

I don't know what you mean by "lacking flow", I thought the flow was pretty good.

It had great tricks, although it got a tad redundant. Try to mix in a couple simple tricks here and there so the audience doesn't constantly have to be trying to figure out what bosh is doing. Wink

Also, make a longer track. 40 seconds = mini-track :|
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 am

Wizzy wrote:
Rafael wrote:Wizzy, he said he doesn't know what flow is.... Chill out, grab a beer, have a party.

well you know flow isn't EVERYTHING. You can still make a good track without having it.
Also, I'm mad because you said this track sucks. Why would you even say that? It's better than anything you've ever made so far IMO trick wise. It doesn't suck. There is no such thing as a bad track. I think I've said this before but a line is a line. There is no good and there is no bad.
I don't agree with your first statement. In my opinion any track with a bad flow is a bad track.
And trickwise it's better than anything I've released, not made.
Also, tracks are based on opinion. In my opinion, a line can be a bad line, and in yours it can be a good line.
@ linerage, I'm sorry. I was quite rude. Let me explain myself because I think you have the right to.
The reason I see this as a showoff is because it only contained hard tricks (well, 90%). You didn't think about balance, you just thought of the next hard trick you'd make. I wasn't aiming at the manuals in Fissure when I refered to it. I was refering to the variation.
You see, Perpetua is really consistent. IMO, consistent= repetitive (most of the time), and repetitive = boring.
If you want to make you good tricks stand out, use easier tricks too. A simple nose fling can make your hard tricks stand out. Also, don't be afraid to throw in some manuals. Not those short ones, but maybe a loop. There were also no tail manuals in this. A few manuals don't make a track a manual track Wink
The most important thing is the length. All your tricks were short. Mix it up a little! Make a 2 second long tail fling and do a short groll after that. It'd make tracks much more interesting.
And, last but not least, airtime. If you made a nice trick, some sirtime would be nice to give the viewer some breath. You shouldn't have airtime in the middle of the solo though ;D
Conclusion: Keep making quiks, just vary some more Smile
Wow, can't believe I've written all this with my iPod xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:52 am

I still don't think you're getting what I'm trying to say. There's no such thing as a bad track, because it's nothing but opinion. You can't say anything about line rider without it being opinion. Fact is nearly non existent. The only advice you could ever give is what appeals you (or in this case the mass). I could disagree with everything you're saying (and I do tbh) and it would still be considered true. Do you get it now?
with that said, You saying this is a bad track is not a fact, and it never will be. It is just your opinion because you don't find this entertaining as much ad other people do. This is what people need to start realizing. It is a freaking toy for crying out loud. You make lines, and the is all. Flow is something that adds to the entertainment factor, not what dictates a track as good or bad. A LINE IS A LINE. And that is all.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 am

A lot of tricks. I like how Bosh get messed up through the track ^^

+ rep
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:57 am

Wizzy wrote:I still don't think you're getting what I'm trying to say. There's no such thing as a bad track, because it's nothing but opinion. You can't say anything about line rider without it being opinion. Fact is nearly non existent. The only advice you could ever give is what appeals you (or in this case the mass). I could disagree with everything you're saying (and I do tbh) and it would still be considered true. Do you get it now?
with that said, You saying this is a bad track is not a fact, and it never will be. It is just your opinion because you don't find this entertaining as much ad other people do. This is what people need to start realizing. It is a freaking toy for crying out loud. You make lines, and the is all. Flow is something that adds to the entertainment factor, not what dictates a track as good or bad. A LINE IS A LINE. And that is all.
I do get what you said, but I think that it speaks for itself that my comments are opinions. I'm not writing "IMO" after every sentence. And your opinion isn't "true", it's your opinion.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ~rawr Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:56 am

@linerage
I +reped you D:

Stop arguing. Its over a track it's not the end of the world I thought this was a great track
I do know what flow is :| what I said was it had better flow then my tracks

Anyways gj linerage
~rawr
~rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:16 pm

thanks for clearing that out xD But i thought i already did make some easy tricks in it so that's why i kept going with that track xD
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down