We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virus from media fire

+6
SethComposerGuy
Lankher
Traxis
TheoQ99
TheRevTastic
linerage
10 posters

Go down

Virus from media fire Empty Virus from media fire

Post by linerage Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 am

Hi everyone, sorry for asking, but HELP ME OMG MY COMPUTER IS SCREWED! I am typing this through my iPad so there may be some spelling mistakes. Okay so first of all, I will tell you what happened.

Actually, the first thing should be that to NOT DO ANY COLLABS AT THIS MOMENT. READ FOR WHY
So I was doing my part of lr collab in novicity clan, but when I downloaded it from media fire, it suddenly saids that the file wanted access to my command prompt or something. And I kept clicking no but it keeps spamming until I just had no more option than to close the computer. When I reopened it, then whole desktop was gone, but it gave me the computer(not the computer, just the function when u click start and it saids computer? Yeah that thing). The whole screen was black but everything else was perfectly fine.

I then went on Mozilla firefox, because in computers, u can find go on Internet and check or something option. I searched and downloaded a virus scanner. It seems that the virus has infected a lot of my files because it keeps saying something like cputrojan*32 is a hazardous item and every time it is located in a different folder. I tried everything but it won't work. I am positive that it was from media fire and yeah. Any help?

linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Virus from media fire Empty Re: Virus from media fire

Post by TheRevTastic Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:52 am

Omg you posted in wrong section and ha fail its not from mf, its from who ever uploaded the .sol you downloaded.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:57 am

TheRevTastic wrote:Omg you posted in wrong section and ha fail its not from mf, its from who ever uploaded the .sol you downloaded.

Dude that doesn't help at all.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoQ99 Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:18 am

unless you were downloading shady .sols. i doubt it was from that. you must have gotten infected some way else. only thing i know that is possible is a complete harddisk wipe.
TheoQ99
TheoQ99

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:31 am

TheoQ99 wrote:unless you were downloading shady .sols. i doubt it was from that. you must have gotten infected some way else. only thing i know that is possible is a complete harddisk wipe.

Well, it could be true. But I'm pretty sure it's that file because like four seconds after I downloaded it, The command prompt thingymabob came up. But I was on lime wire ATM... But I wasn't downloading any songs :P odd much?
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 am

Like Theo said, your probably going to have to wipe the whole hdd and reinstall windows.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 am

F***.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Lukking, so naughty boy, destroying our clan members

It was probably there before, and was activated when you downloaded a file.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:08 pm

linerage wrote: I searched and downloaded a virus scanner.

you didn't have an antivirus/scanner? you deserve the virus nutjob
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 pm

My advice is to download and run Malwarebytes antimalware, as it is great at removing viruses that are hard to get rid of. If that is able to clean up your computer then I'd strongly suggest downloading and installing the free version avast antivirus as that can block viruses from even installing themselves on your computer.

Also, I suggest only wiping your hdd and reinstalling windows as a last resort. instead, if what I suggested doesn't work, then try to figure out what type of virus it is by searching the computer symptoms you have, once you see results look for computer tech forums where others are having the same type of problems as there will likely be some good solutions. This way you will learn much more about the computer and how better to protect you computer from threats.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Sdemon wrote:It was probably there before, and was activated when you downloaded a file.

That seems to be the most likely option, seeing as downloaded the .sol too, and I got no viruses.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by TheoQ99 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Orthuss wrote:
Sdemon wrote:It was probably there before, and was activated when you downloaded a file.

That seems to be the most likely option, seeing as downloaded the .sol too, and I got no viruses.

however, there is no such thing as you get a virus, then later it is activated by some other download.
TheoQ99
TheoQ99

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBlast Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:52 pm

You learned a lesson.
Get an antivirus and antispyware program.
I use SpyBot S&D along w/ Microsoft Security Essentials
TeamBlast
TeamBlast

<CENSORED>

http://dansaunders.me/

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:07 pm

TheoQ99 wrote:
Orthuss wrote:

however, there is no such thing as you get a virus, then later it is activated by some other download.

I mean like, there was a virus, and the virus would infect is downloading section thinger of the computer, so when he downloads things his computer commits suicide
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Lukking is a good leader. 8D

I can't help. Only a virusscanner can.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:37 pm

meh, i wiped out my disk and now my computer's okay. thanks kinda. and @ orthuss it'll take me 2x more time to get my xy ready :PPP
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:19 pm

Dude, always have at least some sort of antivirus and it's nice to also have something special like Malwarebytes that you run once in a while to check if nothing [I am a potty mouth] has infected your PC. Not having any protection except for hopefully a Firewall means you are asking for trouble. Learn from this and don't let it happen again! =)
And good luck.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down