We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is it really dangerous using a song that is allready used?

+10
Inukaza
ACwazHere
Votale
Wizzy
rabid squirrel
Cereal
Lankher
Smitsy
LineRiderGjert
MartinJulenissen
14 posters

Go down

is it really dangerous using a song that is allready used? Empty is it really dangerous using a song that is allready used?

Post by MartinJulenissen Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:21 am

i want to use this osng htat is allready used, and im afraid of people trolling me for it, because it have happened before xD

want are your feelings about it? i need some help to make me want to use that song lol :P
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

is it really dangerous using a song that is allready used? Empty Re: is it really dangerous using a song that is allready used?

Post by LineRiderGjert Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:34 am

As long as a song isn't used 400 times already, I wouldn't care about it. And I would probably stay away from songs used on really famous tracks. ;p

And btw, if the only thing people have to complain on is that you used a song that someone else already used, then you know your track is awesome.
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

is it really dangerous using a song that is allready used? Empty Re: is it really dangerous using a song that is allready used?

Post by MartinJulenissen Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:39 am

i really dont want to spoil the song im using but i thought of using The other side on the track Alliance, pretty bad idea cus i guess its pretty famous xD

the thing is that when i find a song i really like i get inspiration, and when i get inspiration i want ot keep it, if i cant use that song i instantly lose inspiration and get lost :P
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:48 am

I'd say you could just use it. By famous I meant like videos that you find on the front page when you search for Line Rider. Like TechDawg and such. Very Happy

LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:52 am

ah i see, ty anyways, i guess i can keep my inspiration for now
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:19 am

Use surface by dimrain47.

(xD)
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:03 am

smitsy, no, no.
don't even say that, now some random noob will do it.
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:32 am

:facepalm: for the last time, stealing SONGS doesn't matter, but stealing NAMES OF TRACKS does.

The music we use is not even ours in the first place. (Hence the 1/10 change of getting a WMG copyright claim).

Unless it's a song made by yourself, then "stealing" songs doesn't matter.

But don't use a song that's been used >10 times such as Operation Evolution or Chaoz Fantasy, cause that's just staopid 8D
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:40 am

well I find it distracting when a song is reused from a CLASSIC, like elite eight of ToC3. Like if someone used "Sometimes" I would keep thinking about vision and I wouldn't be able to focus on the track.

I actually found it distracting that aspi used Hollow Man for Incito because that's been used a couple times before.

TBH though, I don't remember the song from Alliance so I would think it's fine :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:29 pm

I don't think it really matters what song you use, even if it's been used > 9000 times. No one owns the song or can rightfully claim it, besides the artist themselves. Use whatever you like Thumbs Up and if people troll you for it, it's their problem.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:02 pm

So if someone was to say... oh idk... Use Anna Molly (Incubus) it would be ok? Wink
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:04 pm

^It wouldn't break any rules, cause as Wizzy said, there are none 8D

But I agree with Rabid, it would distract me from enjoying the track as I would just be thinking of Dark Matter all the way through.
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:08 pm

If you use a song I've used, I will find you and murder you brutally. Stern but Fair

jk
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Votale wrote:So if someone was to say... oh idk... Use Anna Molly (Incubus) it would be ok? Wink

I would think of dark matter the whole time. >.> /snooze

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:56 pm

I watch everything on mute unless its a sync track or something, so i never know what others use/i should use.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Smit5y wrote:I watch everything on mute unless its a sync track or something, so i never know what others use/i should use.
????????????

practically every track is "a sync track" in the sense that people try to find a song that fits. Watching without music is like... going to a concert with a blindfold.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:36 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Smit5y wrote:I watch everything on mute unless its a sync track or something, so i never know what others use/i should use.
????????????

practically every track is "a sync track" in the sense that people try to find a song that fits. Watching without music is like... going to a concert with a blindfold.

I mean instead of that track cereal and chao did, and they said that it is purely a track for syncing.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:08 pm

did you read my post?

Watching a track without music is like going to a concert with a blindfold on.

This applies to ALL line rider tracks.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:19 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:did you read my post?

It's more like suicide if you go to a concert like As I Lay Dying with a blindfold on. Mosh pits everywhere Thumbs Up
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Going to a concert with a blindfold on: a new indie fashion statement.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Going to a concert with a blindfold on: a new indie fashion statement.

I'm going to this this at the Kings of Leon/Blackkeys concert in a few days

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:27 am

It depends.

Is your track better than the track that had it before?
B)
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Wizzy wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:did you read my post?

It's more like suicide if you go to a concert like As I Lay Dying with a blindfold on. Mosh pits everywhere Thumbs Up

i think GWAR came up with the mosh pits Suspicious
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:18 am

The same as LRG said:

Use the song if no big track is using it.

Btw, wich song?
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down