We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 5 - Poll #1

+25
chaomocha
Stickheadz32
MartinJulenissen
Helios Pavonine
IGotGreasyBalls
Yobanjojoe
Orthuss
Commandercoke
Wizzy
Cereal
Rafael
doneyear
Votale
Purtle
Absox
Smitsy
ZxGjReP
linerage
CamQuartr
LineMagiX
Georgio_jc
crash2burn
Z_N-Freak
pure5152
rabid squirrel
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which one is your favorite?

Round 5 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap49%Round 5 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 22 ]
Round 5 - Poll #1 Vote_lcap51%Round 5 - Poll #1 Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

Round 5 - Poll #1 Empty Round 5 - Poll #1

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:42 am

Now we're down to the Elite Eight. Prepare for some tough decisions!

Entries:
  1. Party Crasher
  2. Blue Champion
Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting. A REWATCH IS REQUIRED (to compare them side by side)
- Please don't vote for yourself
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded Videos:
  1. Party Crasher

2. Blue Champion
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round 5 - Poll #1 Empty Re: Round 5 - Poll #1

Post by pure5152 Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:59 am

blue champion gmv for obvious reasons. I'm still amazed I got this far Smile
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:18 am

Gotta go for Party Crasher, I´m a witch for your style pure D:
I really hate not being able to vote for Blue Champion though, the track is so mega-awesome uberly long and has so many cool tricks in it. I just have so much fun watching Party Crasher. It´s like Line Rider is dancing on the music. Makes me smile everytime xP
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by crash2burn Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 am

Party Crasher gmv

Because I love pure and awesome style Inverted Onoz
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 am

I'm still in love with IGGB's masterpiece Smile
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:47 am

Party crasher yo.

And it's not just because I'm a compact quirker. Angry
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 am

lol @ 3 posts saying they liked party crasher better, no posts about BC, and then the poll being 10-3 for Blue Champion.

Blue Champion seems more of a masterpiece to me. Party Crasher is a lot of fun to watch, but it's not as impressive overall.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:07 pm

party crasher.

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:17 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:lol @ 3 posts saying they liked party crasher better, no posts about BC, and then the poll being 10-3 for Blue Champion.

Blue Champion seems more of a masterpiece to me. Party Crasher is a lot of fun to watch, but it's not as impressive overall.

so it's like znf vs anomaly? well i voted for party crasher because... well it's so fun to watch, not saying bs isnt.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by ZxGjReP Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 pm

party crasher gmv uniquely styled

ZxGjReP

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:54 pm

holy funk at it bieng 10-3 now 10-8
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Absox Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Party crasher. Stylish. Fun. Good technique.
Absox
Absox

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:03 pm

*10-9
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:15 pm

I dunno who to vote for.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Blue Champion is an amazing masterpiece perfectly synced and everything.

Party Crasher is just a fun compact quirk track.

Hmmm wonder who to vote for :facepalm:
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by ZxGjReP Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 pm

^ yes, because LR is supposed to be fun Smile even though i loved BC, i love PC the most, it's just so relaxing and unique. Proabbly the track i get a lot of relaxation from, even the music was nicely synced.

V BC was pretty fun, but I just love Party Crasher, it's the funnest track I know :P

Last edited by ZxGjReP on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

ZxGjReP

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Who's to say that a masterpiece isn't fun? So next TOC I'll just post some random piece of crap track that's pretty fun and maybe I'll be BC Very Happy
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by doneyear Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Party crasher is going to crash the party, or that's what I think.

Would have liked Blue Champion more if it has some recycling goodness on the blue manuals and if it had more alt quirk-ish parts. Right at 2:07 and that little segment was awesome.

doneyear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:27 pm

I find it unbelievable Party Crasher even got in the Elite Eight. If it gets into the Final Four against Blue Champion, then I'll be highly disappointed into the community. IMO, BC is better than Party Crasher in every single way. It is much longer, it's perfectly synced to the music. I LOVE the style in BC, only for 2:10 - 2:13 I'd vote for it. The tricks are so much better. It's almost as good as Incito in tricks.
No offence to you Pure, but I can't believe you're so close to Blue Champion.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:29 pm

BLUE CHAMPIONNNNNN
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Rafael wrote:I find it unbelievable Party Crasher even got in the Elite Eight. If it gets into the Final Four against Blue Champion, then I'll be highly disappointed into the community. IMO, BC is better than Party Crasher in every single way. It is much longer, it's perfectly synced to the music. I LOVE the style in BC, only for 2:10 - 2:13 I'd vote for it. The tricks are so much better. It's almost as good as Incito in tricks.

You mean if it gets into the Final Four WIHTOUT Blue Champion? And why the heck would you be dissapointed. Party Crasher is such a fun track. I think this might be a good example of me vs anomaly indeed. I never understood why I won from anomaly all the time and though he always stays very polite and stuff, I feel his tracks are way more fun too watch. Much more original. The way of bosh moving about doing his thing is just awesome too look at. All the standard tricks that might not have been so standard a while back are awesome and all, but it shouldn´t define a track in my opinion. It can of course, but I´m not as much entertained by it in comparison to a track like On a Roll. I´d probably vote that over BC too, no offence to IGGB here.

I just rewatched BC and I do really like it at times, but the music that you praise to be synced so perfectly is really not that perfectly synced. IGGB did the best job ever I think to really make a track especially for a song, but fact is that it just doesn´t really fit that well at times (and maybe it´s just not a really good song for a Line Rider track at all tbh, though it´s an awesome song).
The tricks in BC are definitely at times of a better "quality" or w/e you want to call it. Though for me especially the really long fling part is not that fun to watch. It´s really impressive and I applaud IGGB for doing such crazy things, but at times it´s a bit boring. Bosh is just getting flinged, ok, big deal. Another example is at the beginning there are some flowkilling manuals. There´s just a bunch of these factors which makes me have more fun watching PC instead of BC and luckily this is not a "who does the most different tricks" or "who makes the longest track" because then indeed BC would win.

Btw, I might even like POW better then BC for some strange reason. Thing is, I watch it a lot more, I hadn´t watched BC even once after my first time watching it up untill now in the ToC and POW I´ve viewed several times. Maybe it´s because of the music, maybe it´s because it´s just a short fun watch, I don´t know.

edit:
Just watched Party Crasher again and I´m happy with my vote.
I think basically what it comes down to is that I enjoy watching denser tracks with more controll over the movement of bosh instead of Highspeed + the variety of trick types. The denser tracks involve more stop and go stuff, thrusts of speed, instead of the highspeed you seem to like a lot. It´s just an opinion people are allowed to have. Line Rider will always be a form of art and art is just a tricky thing to judge.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:
Rafael wrote:I find it unbelievable Party Crasher even got in the Elite Eight. If it gets into the Final Four against Blue Champion, then I'll be highly disappointed into the community. IMO, BC is better than Party Crasher in every single way. It is much longer, it's perfectly synced to the music. I LOVE the style in BC, only for 2:10 - 2:13 I'd vote for it. The tricks are so much better. It's almost as good as Incito in tricks.

You mean if it gets into the Final Four WIHTOUT Blue Champion? And why the heck would you be dissapointed. Party Crasher is such a fun track. I think this might be a good example of me vs anomaly indeed. I never understood why I won from anomaly all the time and though he always stays very polite and stuff, I feel his tracks are way more fun too watch. Much more original. The way of bosh moving about doing his thing is just awesome too look at. All the standard tricks that might not have been so standard a while back are awesome and all, but it shouldn´t define a track in my opinion. It can of course, but I´m not as much entertained by it in comparison to a track like On a Roll. I´d probably vote that over BC too, no offence to IGGB here.

I just rewatched BC and I do really like it at times, but the music that you praise to be synced so perfectly is really not that perfectly synced. IGGB did the best job ever I think to really make a track especially for a song, but fact is that it just doesn´t really fit that well at times (and maybe it´s just not a really good song for a Line Rider track at all tbh, though it´s an awesome song).
The tricks in BC are definitely at times of a better "quality" or w/e you want to call it. Though for me especially the really long fling part is not that fun to watch. It´s really impressive and I applaud IGGB for doing such crazy things, but at times it´s a bit boring. Bosh is just getting flinged, ok, big deal. Another example is at the beginning there are some flowkilling manuals. There´s just a bunch of these factors which makes me have more fun watching PC instead of BC and luckily this is not a "who does the most different tricks" or "who makes the longest track" because then indeed BC would win.

Btw, I might even like POW better then BC for some strange reason. Thing is, I watch it a lot more, I hadn´t watched BC even once after my first time watching it up untill now in the ToC and POW I´ve viewed several times. Maybe it´s because of the music, maybe it´s because it´s just a short fun watch, I don´t know.

edit:
Just watched Party Crasher again and I´m happy with my vote.
I think basically what it comes down to is that I enjoy watching denser tracks with more controll over the movement of bosh instead of Highspeed + the variety of trick types. The denser tracks involve more stop and go stuff, thrusts of speed, instead of the highspeed you seem to like a lot. It´s just an opinion people are allowed to have. Line Rider will always be a form of art and art is just a tricky thing to judge.

I couldn't agree more with you.
Rafael, I think I've explained this to you once before where it's not about speed, trick, or even flow, but the enjoyment you get from watching it and creating it is whats really worth a first place tournament of champions trophy.
I never really liked BC, Party Crasher gmv for obvious reasons. <3 you pure, I'm glad you managed to make it this far.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 pm

I think IGGB and Blue Champion desrve it more. So BC got my vote. Smile
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 am

Holy crap, it's tied. 8D
Voted for PC, It's still a really awesome track.
Also, this will probably end up with the LCC vote like Archaeology & Heart attack.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:00 am

woot i put party crasher ahead 8D
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down