We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ °° PROJECT X °° ]

+12
linerage
Cereal
Commandercoke
CamQuartr
MartinJulenissen
Smitsy
chaomocha
aspi33
Purtle
rabid squirrel
Wolf_Spirit
TigerXLine
16 posters

Go down

[ °° PROJECT X °° ] Empty [ °° PROJECT X °° ]

Post by TigerXLine Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:20 am

PROJECT X

I am not done. I have taken a break!

CLICK AT THE LINK BELOW TO WATCH!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUfTZs9bvhE

Last edited by TigerLine7 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:58 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : New better quality-Video to Project X)
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

[ °° PROJECT X °° ] Empty Re: [ °° PROJECT X °° ]

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 am

^^ I see you took my advice. The track was really original, you had some of LRG's style in there, and you pulled it off really well. It was really great overall, nothing was wrong with it and this took you 24 days? That's really fast! So great work and +rep
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:55 am

When I came in here to watch this, I wasn't expecting much, since I haven't seen anything really noteworthy from you.

Boy was I wrong! That's some epic scenery u got thar!

I think we can take away a few lessons from this experience:
  1. You were setting yourself up for failure with that huge of a track. That was a freaking HUGE track, let alone scening it, let alone on such a massive scale as you were trying to.
  2. You hit the "I don't want to do this anymore" point, which is an indicator that you weren't having fun anymore. Don't hurt yourself over it, just remember that it's all about having fun.
  3. People don't just sit down and make big projects because they feel like it, they make big projects because they believe it will be something SPECIAL.
I'll tell you a little story. You've seen Bolted to the Wall, right? Well, I worked on that for about 2-3 weeks at the start, and then got bored. Like I barely worked on it for months. But you know what got me started on it again? I had an awesome idea. I realized I could make it evolve and get better and better. That's what inspired me to finish it. And from what I can see of this track, you have more "push" in you than me. I can barely make 20,000 lines without some kind of motivation/inspiration, and you made 50,000 in 24 days :P

This track was awesome, but even if you had finished, it wouldn't have been unique, and that's my guess as to why you didn't finish. Try to think up something awesome and then you will find the inspiration to execute it Smile

Oh and definitely enter this in ToC3!
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:04 am

Well I feel stupid, commenting on the other naked parts thinking you hadn't scened it yet.

Rabid is right in many ways. Especially those 3 points.

I think that one of the main reasons it started not being fun for you anymore is because you were probably putting in too many lines per day. It's good to take breaks. I have a feeling a lot of the drive for this track was to finish for ToC3?

Oh well though.

To be honest, this was one of the most entertaining tracks I've seen in a while. That scenery absolutely blew me away. So very original in many ways. I mean sure, there were many parts where you clearly drew 'inspiration' from other tracks and such, but you had plenty of your own stuff in there too. Even the parts that were half or a1/3 scened looked great, and you could just see the potential.

I liked the song you used.

I think that, as rabid said, if you did continue to try and finish, you would end up just getting tired and end up not making it unique, probably worse.

I am curious though, why is it called Project X? There doesn't seem that much X about it. Suspicious?
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 am

In 24 freaking days? :O That's about how long it takes me to make half a minute of track when I'm in the usual mood.
The whole track is sick.

As a long practised quirker (which is categorized as naked track) I, unintended, often watch the track as much as the scenery. I noticed how inventive and creative the track was done. Eg. the "unsquished squishies" and head manuals. I really liked the track.

The scenery is also awesome. The previous commentors have spoke my words. One thing you must remember when you scene: Never use motion blur on a scened track Wink

And try rabid's trick. I myself have quitted projects, then revived them. I don't think I've given up on more than one single track (btw, that one was SICK). For example, Hooked is a revived project. And Pulse as well (not scened though).
Would be too awesome to see this finished. Would really be something for you to look back upon with pride as well ;D
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:54 am

wow tiger, i didnt know how good you are at scening. very good original stuff in there, that was so awesome. reminded me of dr. suess, just like everything lrg did

ps you didnt spell techdawg wrong... xD

good work, keep it up!! and thats understandable that you didnt finish, i mean, that was like a 3.5 minute track, that wuda taken forever
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:55 am

When i saw this in the green room : 8D
When i saw it said it was unfinished : D:
When i saw the begginng full of scenery: Smile
When it was like half scened : :/
When it was naked : :|:I:I

What was there was great. I think you should of zoomed in more though, or just made the embed bigger. It seemed small D:
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 pm

whats teh poitn of saying Tigerline production then go to tigerline presents and all that [I am a potty mouth]? i had to like go throu 1.15 min of just u wabling about things i didnt want to see, but it was good, pretty nice
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:55 pm

dang.

there was nothing about that that wasn't impressive. The track was well placed and it was well done.

The 3 points that Rabid made are really what you should follow.

If Big tracks are your thing, maybe i should suggest scening only the beginning and the ending?

___

another thing, is that NEVER include motionblur

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm not much of a big, open track scener myself, but I must say:quite inspiring. Smile
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:14 pm

gah, please, don't use motion blur next time.

I liked the sections that were scened! They were very well drawn, and I understand how scening a 3.5 minute track would be a pain :P

I also thought the track was pretty good, great job.

You have about 5 LAotW winning pics in their. Wink
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 am

omg thaats pretty epic. too bad u didnt finish it. if u did then i am going to like drop down on the ground and like... kiss the carpet... seriously, that size for scening is pretty hard. you always zoom out way too much, try to fulfill a challenge when it isnt fast and in a smaller scale. i know you got the skills, but i seriously think that if you want anything finished, then chose easier challenges.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:56 am

Cereal wrote:You have about 5 LAotW winning pics in their. Wink
RIGHT, definitely enter LAOTW multiple times.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

[ °° PROJECT X °° ] Empty Thank you!

Post by TigerXLine Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:08 am

wolf_spirit wrote:^^ I see you took my advice. The track was really original, you had some of LRG's style in there, and you pulled it off really well. It was really great overall, nothing was wrong with it and this took you 24 days? That's really fast! So great work and +rep

Thank you!

Purtle wrote:Well I feel stupid, commenting on the other naked parts thinking you hadn't scened it yet.

Rabid is right in many ways. Especially those 3 points.

I think that one of the main reasons it started not being fun for you anymore is because you were probably putting in too many lines per day. It's good to take breaks. I have a feeling a lot of the drive for this track was to finish for ToC3?

Oh well though.

To be honest, this was one of the most entertaining tracks I've seen in a while. That scenery absolutely blew me away. So very original in many ways. I mean sure, there were many parts where you clearly drew 'inspiration' from other tracks and such, but you had plenty of your own stuff in there too. Even the parts that were half or a1/3 scened looked great, and you could just see the potential.

I liked the song you used.

I think that, as rabid said, if you did continue to try and finish, you would end up just getting tired and end up not making it unique, probably worse.

I am curious though, why is it called Project X? There doesn't seem that much X about it. Suspicious?

Thanks man... I tough i should get some angry messages in every comment, but you guys seems to take it easy,, thank you all for that!

And the name,, by the way: If I am going to continue this one day,, I will change it to something better,, Not some project X, A, Y, Extreme etc.... be sure!

aspi33 wrote:In 24 freaking days? :O That's about how long it takes me to make half a minute of track when I'm in the usual mood.
The whole track is sick.

As a long practised quirker (which is categorized as naked track) I, unintended, often watch the track as much as the scenery. I noticed how inventive and creative the track was done. Eg. the "unsquished squishies" and head manuals. I really liked the track.

The scenery is also awesome. The previous commentors have spoke my words. One thing you must remember when you scene: Never use motion blur on a scened track Wink

And try rabid's trick. I myself have quitted projects, then revived them. I don't think I've given up on more than one single track (btw, that one was SICK). For example, Hooked is a revived project. And Pulse as well (not scened though).
Would be too awesome to see this finished. Would really be something for you to look back upon with pride as well ;D

thank you!
What did you mean about motion blur??
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 am

I was really disapointed when i saw that it was canceled. But the scened part was FREAKING AWESOME! [ °° PROJECT X °° ] 173596
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:11 am

@Tigerline - please use the [ °° PROJECT X °° ] Edit-1 button to edit your post or the [ °° PROJECT X °° ] Multiit button to select multiple posts, instead of triple posting. I merged them for you.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:17 am

Motion blur is (when paused) the double-effect (blurry) that you see next to everything in a movie, just like in FlagCapper's Revolution Finale. I hope I explained it well and that you understand it now.

The scenery part was the most original thing I've ever seen in a LR movie. I could babble about this for hours. I just say that it was perfect. Some LRG style combined with Sorvius style is an epic win.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:16 am

I had a strange feeling that this was going to be canceled. -_-
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Absox Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:14 am

Lol. Epic scenery indeed.

But like Rabid said, huge projects like that are unlikely to be completed in any reasonable amount of time, if at all.
Even if you feel you have the motivation in the beginning, you may not have it all the way through.

Good job on what you have done though, it's certainly impressive and enjoyable to watch, both scenery and track-wise.
Absox
Absox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down