We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Form

+7
Apple
Rafael
Hanuman
Sheldon
ScrungleBlumpkus
Josro
Chuggers
11 posters

Go down

Free Form Empty Free Form

Post by Chuggers Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 am

Everything in this track is intended as-is.  I am very pleased with how this turned out.

Link for all you mobile users out there

Dedicated to the LR community, things wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Can anyone tell me what track that wavy tumble manual at ~2:58 is from? I saw it somewhere but can't remember where

Last edited by Chuggers on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Free Form Empty Re: Free Form

Post by Josro Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:27 am

Actual masterpiece, Fantastic work.
Josro
Josro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:41 am

this is so fucking wild i still can't believe it
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:03 am

My mind is blown. Bosh moves so fluidly and has such personality. Characteristic style like this does not appear anywhere else, my friends. Such flimsy yet steady and easily traceable manipulation of the contact points and arms and feet and flexibility give this man the ability to at will force our poor subject, Bosh, to quite literally, dance.

The first good #downwithopal2014-2017ripinpepperonistrack of 2017
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:11 am

Chuggers wrote:
Can anyone tell me what track that wavy tumble manual at ~2:58 is from? I saw it somewhere but can't remember where
Either quirker's laboratory or path of light
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuman Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:46 am

That was amazing dude!
Hanuman
Hanuman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:14 am

That was awesome. Loved what you did with those flings and the really long line at the start. Great song choice too.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:56 am

That was beautiful. The song was great, and I loved the stall for some reason. So mesmerizing all the way through.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 pm

ImJOSHH wrote:Actual masterpiece, Fantastic work.
the last supper of comments

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:My mind is blown. Bosh moves so fluidly and has such personality. Characteristic style like this does not appear anywhere else, my friends. Such flimsy yet steady and easily traceable manipulation of the contact points and arms and feet and flexibility give this man the ability to at will force our poor subject, Bosh, to quite literally, dance.

The first good #downwithopal2014-2017ripinpepperonistrack of 2017
down with pepperonis

Sheldon wrote:
Chuggers wrote:
Either quirker's laboratory or path of light
It was quirker's laboratory, thanks B

Hanuman wrote:That was amazing dude!
Rafael wrote:That was awesome. Loved what you did with those flings and the really long line at the start. Great song choice too.
Apple wrote:That was beautiful. The song was great, and I loved the stall for some reason. So mesmerizing all the way through.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, I think the song was meant for lr haha

the dev com is coming tonight hopefully
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:33 am

The alt-quirk bit beginning ~1:40 had some Hedge "The River" vibes. Wonderful track, definitely grows on the viewer quickly.

SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:06 am

Probably the best omnitrack constructed, ever. I don't really think there's anything intrinsically great about omnitracks, but this one at least manages to work with the music pretty well, and it's certainly the most technically proficient. You had a solid enough awareness of track structure to make an omnitrack that's up there with OIIB.

Opening could have matched the frenetic energy of the music a little better. Lots of good moments. I think maybe you pigeonholed yourself a little bit with this music? There were bits where he moved in a more condensed space, but the music kind of suggests a constancy in movement that I think got a little stale in parts for me.

Lots to like, lots of bits I'm not a super huge fan of. The more holistic your mindset with your tracks, the more I find I like them.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:38 am

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:The alt-quirk bit beginning ~1:40 had some Hedge "The River" vibes.  Wonderful track, definitely grows on the viewer quickly.

I think you meant 2:40, but yeah the style is really fun to make

OTDE wrote:Probably the best omnitrack constructed, ever. I don't really think there's anything intrinsically great about omnitracks, but this one at least manages to work with the music pretty well, and it's certainly the most technically proficient. You had a solid enough awareness of track structure to make an omnitrack that's up there with OIIB.
I think most decent length tracks should show some aspects of an omni, its a really good way to influence creativity and keep things fresh, even if you're only using a single genre (but thats just what i think).  O2B was the biggest inspiration for me in this track, so I'm pretty flattered to hear that Very Happy

OTDE wrote:
Opening could have matched the frenetic energy of the music a little better. Lots of good moments. I think maybe you pigeonholed yourself a little bit with this music? There were bits where he moved in a more condensed space, but the music kind of suggests a constancy in movement that I think got a little stale in parts for me.
At the time I was trying to build up for later, more intense moments, but in retrospect I could have made things a little more spicy there.  I was, however, trying to keep it minimalist and only using what I thought was really needed (you may notice a lot of missing syncs as well, i tried to tone them down a lot, as syncs usually lead to a less natural looking track).  Could you elaborate on which parts got stale?

OTDE wrote:
Lots to like, lots of bits I'm not a super huge fan of. The more holistic your mindset with your tracks, the more I find I like them.
You'll like the coming releases then Wink
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:12 pm

This is the culmination of everything you've been experimenting with since Campester 3, a track that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Let's start with the presentation. The simplicity is hella effective. You let the track speak for itself. The zoom level leads to a focus on Bosh' highly enjoyable movement too. I've never seen such control over flow and movement before. It is something else. Song choice is brilliant. It's fun. That's what most omnis lack, and it makes this track stand out even more.

Then onto the tricks. They never miss a beat, and are sustained for quite long, especially until 1:37. There's a nice contrast between sections! While 1:37-2:07 is sometimes hard to follow, you take a needed break in the XY. Still intense, but slower and floatier. It works beautifully with the music as well. I like what you do after the XY. Combining genres is something we don't see enough! I don't know how you made the prog. quirk, but hot damn it. is. good!! So misdirectional. I wish the manual section after that was a bit longer, but you made it up with the animation. The final section and ending are simply awesome. Perfect to finish off a masterpiece.

You didn't make something that needs to blow your face off with predictable, complex tricks and stacks. Instead, you made something that constantly amuses and surprises. I've watched it about 6 times now, and still can't get enough of it. This is what omnis should strive for.

10/10
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:17 am

This track has a great variety of approaches to movement, flow, and line aesthetics, with each section clearly and effectively communicating its style and identity.

After watching this track, I realize that the value in omni-tracks is how it presents all the styles we've developed as a community, and also the explorations and development you've done on your own. It gives us a chance to appreciate and reflect on what we've made so far, and perhaps serve as further inspiration for particular styles.

I think my favorite part is the bridge around 3:03 because it gives a nice break from all the constant movement. This track is really tense! But I guess that's what the music demands.

Well done, Chuggers. I'm inspired to go finish O2B now.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:47 am

Part of making a good omni is knowing strategically what style to use and when and you pulled that off perfectly. Especially inspiring is the way each part relates into another, which can seem patternless and formless at first, but gives a sense for the contrast in ways to think about each style. Omnis are a huge source of inspiration for any style just because of having even two different styles juxtaposed in the track, much less the many different sections in an Omni.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum