We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider Advanced 1.03 [March 2018]

+4
anton
rabid squirrel
Apple
[senpai] kevans
8 posters

Go down

Line Rider Advanced 1.03 [March 2018] Empty Line Rider Advanced 1.03 [March 2018]

Post by JealousCloud Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 pm

source
releases page
it's licensed under gpl3 so do whatever you want as long as you keep it open source.

Mac users: You will need the mono framework which you can download from here:
http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-mac

Last edited by JealousCloud on Tue May 29, 2018 1:43 pm; edited 8 times in total
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Line Rider Advanced 1.03 [March 2018] Empty Re: Line Rider Advanced 1.03 [March 2018]

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat May 27, 2017 11:23 pm

Sorry to see you go like this, but after our talk in skype, I completely understand.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Line Rider Advanced 1.03 [March 2018] Empty Re: Line Rider Advanced 1.03 [March 2018]

Post by Apple Sun May 28, 2017 11:13 am

I hope things get better for you. Skype me or something if you need someone to talk to.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Does anyone want some final improvements to this version? I'll take a stab at getting some tweaks and fixes in it. I already know some people want some niche features, but I'm talking overall.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm working on a develop branch imma push soon, and ill start adding tasks and bugs there and whenever you fix a bug you can just make a pull req against develop and i'll add it.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Ha, that's assuming I can get I successful compile. I'm not the smartest developer, so this is a new experience for me.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Updated. @OTDE you should make this the main redirect from the portal, the 0.3 thread should be closed as that version is non-functional.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:26 pm

mono on Mac doesn't seem to like something...
uh the thing Terminal tells me:

BUT! I can get LRA mostly functional using Wine (https://www.winehq.org/). Things that I've noticed that do not work: music doesn't work, some of my tracks crash the game when I try to load them, I can't do shift-line, I can't use the line adjusting tools other than the one that doesn't require pressing down any keys. But I'm currently doing a scenery project so none of that matters.

If other Mac users can tell me if I'm doing something wrong, go ahead. Maybe I'm just being a dumb.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:38 pm

As long as it works then I'm good. It's still the best LR version available in my opinion, and it'll be the version I sick with for main projects.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:47 pm

1.01b is just 1.01 compiled [probably] properly this time lol. should fix some of the issues brought to light.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:36 am

Now, when running with mono, the keyboard inputs work but not the mouse inputs. The warning Terminal gives me is "WARNING: The Carbon driver has not been ported to 64bits, and very few parts of Windows.Forms will work properly, or at all"

EDIT: honestly it might be a problem on my side because I remember about a year ago LRA on mono worked, and now it doesn't work (for the same version of LRA).
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:29 pm

gaoyubao wrote:Now, when running with mono, the keyboard inputs work but not the mouse inputs. The warning Terminal gives me is "WARNING: The Carbon driver has not been ported to 64bits, and very few parts of Windows.Forms will work properly, or at all"

EDIT: honestly it might be a problem on my side because I remember about a year ago LRA on mono worked, and now it doesn't work (for the same version of LRA).
Same thing was reported by someone on Discord
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:59 pm

It sounds more like an issue with Mono to me.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:41 am

- Exported videos can only be viewed in vlc. Sony Vegas reads it as a black screen, although duration seems to be correct. (Does anyone know of a conversion software that would fix this issue?)

- Exported videos have incorrect zoom

- Exporting videos works only with certain .trk files, but most files cause the game to crash due to running out of memory. This issue has nothing to do with line count.

- Converted song files do not show up in song selection.

- Altering the offset for a song takes alot of time to process. This is a small issue, but I do remember versions where this took less time.

- If bosh dies before the flag when doing ctrl+i, live update stops working until restart. Would've posted this to r/mildyinfuriating, but i doubt they'd understand.

- enable function for songs is not saved, which means if you once save a .trk with a song you have to disable the song every time you load the file
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:56 pm

For me Handbreak, an open source video encoder, fixes the recording incompatibility.
I tested to see what glitches would happen for me, but I couldn't recreate them on Windows 10.
A lot of those seem to be because of your different operating system.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm

theacp127 wrote:A lot of those seem to be because of your different operating system.
Windows 8.1
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:51 pm

That's so odd, although that's programming for you. It works when it feels like it sometimes.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:15 pm

When pressing left or right on the newest version to skip bosh ahead or back one frame now centers the camera on bosh instead of moving the camera location to the same place as it would be on that frame if I were to press play. As a result, this will make it a lot harder to create animation on certain spots on the track.

edit: when I press shift+left or right, the camera does seem to work as expected, but skips a few frames which is a nice feature to help with music syncing. It would be nice if the camera acted the same way as that when just pressing left or right skipping ahead only 1 frame.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:When pressing left or right on the newest version to skip bosh ahead or back one frame now centers the camera on bosh instead of moving the camera location to the same place as it would be on that frame if I were to press play. As a result, this will make it a lot harder to create animation on certain spots on the track.
On the other hand, when trying to make smooth manuals or flatsled, having Bosh centered is very convenient. I feel like both methods of frame-by-frame incrementation would be interesting to keep, so *shrug*
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:52 pm

gaoyubao wrote:
SethComposerGuy wrote:When pressing left or right on the newest version to skip bosh ahead or back one frame now centers the camera on bosh instead of moving the camera location to the same place as it would be on that frame if I were to press play. As a result, this will make it a lot harder to create animation on certain spots on the track.
On the other hand, when trying to make smooth manuals or flatsled, having Bosh centered is very convenient. I feel like both methods of frame-by-frame incrementation would be interesting to keep, so *shrug*

Ya, I can see the benefits of having Bosh centered for the purposes of track making, while in regards to scenery, (especially animation), it is still better to have the camera location in the same location that it would be when you press 'play'. Possibly add a toggle setting to be able to switch between the 2 settings? Right now, I would pretty much be forced to use a previous version of lra if I wanted certain types of animation to look how I want it to. :|

On a side note, I wonder if it would be possible to add a way to copy and paste sections of scenery based on the location of the mouse?
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:42 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:On a side note, I wonder if it would be possible to add a way to copy and paste sections of scenery based on the location of the mouse?
This is planned in the next release. there's a prerelease of 1.03 out right now that disabled the centering bit on the github.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down