We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AM

+2
Apple
Helios Pavonine
6 posters

Go down

3AM Empty 3AM

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri May 19, 2017 9:00 pm

3 second decision. 3 hours of work. 3AM uploaded.
3rd release in the ''postham'' series.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

3AM Empty Re: 3AM

Post by Apple Sat May 20, 2017 3:10 am

That was really interesting to me because of how perfectly uncomfortable it made me feel. Some parts have bosh hanging off the side just barely, and some parts give way too much room. Some parts were less smooth and some were crazy smooth. It was so beautifully ugly. So many contradictions everywhere, at least in my eyes. But they all looked completely intentional. If you were going for something like that, I love it. If you weren't, that's why I love it.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon May 22, 2017 6:08 am

Dude, wtf, you get up at 3:00AM? (why else the alarm?) D:

Trackwise, it was uncomfortably amazing and amazingly uncomfortable to watch. I'm not sure which more, but the music choice is definitely spot on and, like Apple said, everything felt intentional and kudo's to you for being so anti-meta. Interesting watch!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks guys! The song choice, trackmaking concept (quickly decide and create) and the end were intentional. For me, it's a pretty fruitful experiment in a subconscious in-the-moment creative process.

That resulted in some cool stuff:
- Bosh doesn't close his eyes
- The track is a sort of visual representation of night time thinking. Poorly structured, constantly going from one thing to the next, smooth sailing and hard-hitting moments, contradictions.
- So both the track and the trackmaking started at 12AM. 3 hours go by for Bosh and me. The track ends, and Bosh (and I) watch the clock turn 3:00 during a starry night. Then we fall asleep (screen turns black), only to wake up what seems like seconds later to a ringing alarm clock.
- The intro is 3 seconds long.
- The alarm clock rings for about 3 seconds.
- I swear I didn't realize it was the 3rd release until I wrote the description.

I'd like to iterate that that's my interpretation and I'm not sure about its value when it's poorly fleshed out and conveyed, though I find it valuable to hear your guys opinions.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuman Mon May 22, 2017 4:07 pm

wow i loved how you display your skill so casually, yet precisely, and flawlessly
Hanuman
Hanuman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:29 am

That was better than any M night shamalan twist ending
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:27 am

The ending was all I needed