We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure Time ~theacp127

5 posters

Go down

Adventure Time ~theacp127 Empty Adventure Time ~theacp127

Post by theacp127 Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:45 pm

Have fun kids. For safety reasons, please keep your eyes on the video at all times, thanks. Link: dailymotion.com/x4fn02t
YouTube didn't like my song choice, but thankfully Dailymotion doesn't care.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Adventure Time ~theacp127 Empty Re: Adventure Time ~theacp127

Post by theacp127 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:24 pm

I haven't gotten any feedback good or bad. Is there something wrong with the track/editing that makes it too boring/forgettable?
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:47 pm

That's a really good track. The whole thing is nice and smooth and I liked the music sync stuff as well. I didn't expect the kramual at 1:00 and it made me smile. And the little stop and roll thing around 1:07 was cool too. I liked it.

Nothing is forgettable about this track at all, I think it's plainly just lack of traffic on the forum right now.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:12 pm

theacp127 wrote:I haven't gotten any feedback good or bad. Is there something wrong with the track/editing that makes it too boring/forgettable?
I can't speak for everyone, but standard fling quirks such as these don't really interest me these days along with the majority of other kinds of quirk released. I tend to just avoid commenting rather than constantly leave dismissive comments on tracks. But I felt I had an obligation to respond to this question because I know no feedback is sometimes more difficult to deal with than negative feedback. I did watch the whole track (I watch all of every track that is released), but I don't really have anything to say about it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm kind of with rabid on this one. I've been playing Line Rider for a really, really long time now, and at this point, a lot of standard flingquirk just blends together for me. The predominant factor in what I like about a track is "what's different?" or "how does this track differentiate itself from the others the everyone else is making?" Until I see that, I usually don't have a lot to say. That's just personal preference on my part, though—I like weird experimental things (surprise frickin surprise).

If making this kind of track is something you enjoy, keep it up! I'm not ever going to say you shouldn't make things that make you happy. But if you're making this style of track based on what you think the community wants, I'll just say that that's not a fun or rewarding path to go down, because community tastes change, and what may seem relevant in one moment won't be several months from now.

So, yeah. Do what you love, whatever that is. (I also friggin' love opal's track titles).

Edit: regarding the editing—as someone who edits a lot, and as someone who's watched a TON of LR, I will say that everyone and their dog has done some kind of space intro. Usually simple editing with an eye for typography will hook people quickly. See Solitaire by Jam for some seriously sweet, simplistic editing, start to finish. Strong editing makes normal tracks good and good tracks great.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:29 pm

I really liked the song choice, and I was really into the track from about the 50 second mark, and 1 minute on was great. I thought the start of the track seem a bit unambitious, and that's what fling quirk, or high speed fling quirk, really resonates with me. I really liked 1 minute on because of the movement and the use of a big basket of tricks.
Sorry, even though I looked at your thread, I hadn't had a chance to watch it yesterday.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Thanks for some feedback guys. A majority of the track was made in small sections while school was in session so it does suffer from a bit of uninspired-ness because of how busy I was. I'm out for summer so I hope to put more time in a more imaginative track.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down