We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next COTM 33 poll time!

+3
Rafael
Cocopops
Z_N-Freak
7 posters

Go down

Which COTM would you make an entry for?

Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap35%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 9 ]
Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap19%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap8%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap8%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap0%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap4%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap19%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_lcap7%Next COTM 33 poll time! Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 26

Next COTM 33 poll time! Empty Next COTM 33 poll time!

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Vote for what you would make an entry for!

Post more ideas in this thread and I'll update the poll with your option (vote canceling is allowed). The poll is just for shows anyways. Whoever shouts the loudest will get to host the next COTM woohoo! (no but really, anyone interested in hosting? I'd be up for making something. Going to definitely create my own type of IMPASSE, as it's just an awesome concept. The whole thing becomes like a game within Line Rider!!! P.S. Sheldon for president!!!)

Choice explanations:

Minimalist:
Create a track by using a limited number of specified lines. Suggested: 100 blue, 100 red & 100 green lines.

Track in a >insert shape<
Make a track in a shape. Shape is yet to be decided. How about a square donut? :p

Process of elimination
Like Beta decline. Delete lines to make your entry. Goal: To go from point a to b (and maybe then from b to c, etc.)

Hidden Track v.2.
Collab-based COTM. You can enter as a track-maker or a scenery maker. One person makes scenery, the other person makes a track hidden inside the scenery. I remember this being a lot of fun as well as that we got to see some very nice scenery creations!
To double your chances you can enter as both a track-maker and a scenery maker (but you won't be paired with yourself).

Checkpoints
We had something way way back which was called checkpoints and you had to make a track and get to all of them with only blue lines. That was difficult, because nobody was able to make flings yet. Now there was recently a challenge which has some similarities with this: "Ornamental". The checkpoints are smaller (as well as you don't need to hit them all) and it was time & score based.
I think there is a lot of potential in this type of contest and we could make another version of Checkpoints that would take you from left to right, checkpoints scattered all over the place. Spicing things up further could be limiting the places where you can draw, like it was done in ornamental, maybe making it into IMPASSE ORNAMENTAL? LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES! GUYS I LOVE LINE RIDER. ALL CAPS 4 LIFE!!!

Impasse v.2 (time-based)
Another Impasse, probably best left for another month, as we just had one. I really loved it though and would love to see more contests like this. Please appreciate the amount of effort Sheldon put into creating it! It looks pretty darn sexy!
We could spice things up by making it only XYZ, or some other additional constraint.

Impasse v.2 (line-based)
We could use the current IMPASSE and make it line-based. Example scoring could be that each level you reach counts as a 100 points, every line used is a minus point (would mean that if you need more than 100 lines to reach the next level, it wouldn't be good for you score.

Other way would be to make a different version that would be easier to complete, kind of like a regular line-based maze, but the twist is still that you can't draw everywhere.
We could also spice things up by making it only XYZ, or some other additional constraint.

Maze v.who knows what (time-based)
You know what time it is!
Can include additional constraints, such as just XYZ, or limited amount of lines can be used?

Maze v.who knows what (line-based)
You know what time it is!
Can include additional constraints, such as just XYZ / all blue / all lines need to be a continues line?

.gif
It was previously suggested (but hasn't been done yet) to make a .gif contest. Just make a .gif and whoever makes the coolest one (determined by poll-voting), wins.

Vote & discuss! and then change your votes and discuss some more!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Next COTM 33 poll time! Empty Re: Next COTM 33 poll time!

Post by Cocopops Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:21 pm

I was thinking the other day, I don't know if it has already been made in the past : track syncing !

Today music syncing is a pretty big deal, but what if the point was to find the song that fits best to a random track chosen or made for the contest ?
Any choices would be possible : original song, modified song (cuts...), mashups, own creations...
Cocopops
Cocopops

French

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:43 pm

I really like the minimalist and .gif contests. Both explore a relatively new concept of LR and I expect some interesting results by them.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:36 pm

hidden track was fun except that it took 6 months to get a reasonable number of entries. That part was not fun at all. It was hell.

It is tricky to make a gif. We would need a tutorial as part of the contest.

I would totally enter minimalist. I would probably also enter elimination, impasse, maze, or checkpoints but they would probably be bad entries.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 pm

I like minimalist as well. It seems original, and it wouldn't take that much work to make an entry for it.
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:17 am

If we did track syncing, I have a REALLY syncable and interesting track for that
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Minimalist would be aaaaawwwwesome.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down