We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #1 - Poll #7

+2
Rafael
rabid squirrel
6 posters

Go down

Vote for up to 8 videos

Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap5%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap16%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 18 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap7%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap14%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 16 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap0%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap5%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap8%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap6%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap16%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 18 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap0%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap13%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 14 ]
Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap9%Round #1 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 112

Poll closed

Round #1 - Poll #7 Empty Round #1 - Poll #7

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Vote for up to eight videos!

Three of these will be eliminated, the rest will move on to round 2!

Entries:

1. Gospel
  2. Breathtaking Silence
  3. Mountain Technology 3
  4. Phunner
  5. Brouillard
  6. Pillars of Creation
  7. Driftwood
  8. Rek
  9. Evolution of Line Rider
  10. Secrets and Lies
  11. Incito
  12. Centrifugal Force

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself.
Exception: You can vote for 'yourself' for large collabs (e.g. community scenery projects, clan projects, or LCC projects)
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #1 - Poll #7 Empty Re: Round #1 - Poll #7

Post by Rafael Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:45 pm

Jesus fucking Christ (merry Christmas) this is a good poll.
BS, MT 3, Phunner, Driftwood, Rek EoLR and Incito gmv.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Gospel, BS, Phunner, Pillars, Evo, Incito, CF

(I accidentally voted Incito, but it looks like it was safe anyway so w/e)

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Welp, it's been a good run.

Gospel, BS, MT3, Phunner, Driftwood, Rek, EOLR, CF
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:43 pm

Gospel - This really feels like a different track after the music sync was decided. A lot of it feels generic to me, but it is fun and enjoyable for me to watch, there are some clever moments, and I dig the ending. √

Breathtaking Silence - This track is like a freight train. Most impressive track of all time if you're asking me. And it's really accessible too. I wish that it had something to say besides a loud and clear message of "I am the best, you can't touch this". This track actually discouraged me from scening for years, and I'm sure it had that effect on others too, which makes me wonder if I should really be voting for it. Also, this includes the most harrowing example of in-track editing of all time, with pictures covering up the actual goddamn track. Bleh. I'll vote for it this round just for the incredible artistic mastery, but today I really prefer tracks that play with a new concept or idea, or tell a story or make a point, instead of just being a "dick-measuring contest", a term I'm borrowing from Anton. √

Mountain Technology 3 - A lot of things in this track I do not understand. The zoom level is horrendously distant, the layered LRA recordings make the whole thing look extremely grey, (I am still frustrated I was never actually given the chance to master any of the recordings...) there isn't much attention paid to camera framing, so you can see a ton of "scenery edges", and the ending "monument" is like... I don't get it. The stall is unscened, the "zoom out" picture is ENORMOUS for no really clear reason, and lots of it look rather half assed (probably due to the ridiculous scale). And then there's the bizarre intro and music choice...???? That said, I do like the theme, the train near the end is cool, the track is integrated into the scenery well, and there are lots of cool little drawings if I squint a lot. But I just can't get past the presentation. X

Phunner - Damn this track is LONG. Like, almost 5 minutes long. I never noticed that before. Anyway, there are some cool stuff late in the track, but I feel like the experimentation doesn't really get going until a couple minutes into the track. For a track that's all about experimentation and trying out tons of stuff the first two minutes are remarkably generic quirk. Still, the crazy experiments and references later are enough to get my vote this round. √

Brouillard - Sorry Orthuss, this track just doesn't feel like anything special to me, beyond being denser than normal. X

Pillars of Creation - I think the second half of the track could have continued more with the really great aesthetic we had going there. But it's pretty rare for a quirk to entertain me on an aesthetic level and this one does it really well, so it gets my vote. √

Driftwood - utter crap. X

Rek - Really cool idea. It sorta got less and less believable toward the end and I thought it could have gone further with the concept, but the idea is enough to get my vote for this round. √

Evolution of Line Rider - I feel awkward voting for this because it's so much my baby, but I only made like 5% of it so I guess I can. Anyway, I've always been proud of how well this expresses what bare trackmaking in Line Rider is about, and what we as a community do, to the masses. Not all of it is perfect and it's a bit outdated now, but I'm so proud of its existence as a track that has something to say and says it loud and clear to anyone outside our community: This is what we do, and we're proud of it (even if I've always felt that the "we" doesn't really include me personally). √

Secrets and Lies - Some cool parts, some dull parts. Fun collab idea, but mostly uninteresting to me in terms of watch value. X

Incito - I don't know if I was impressed by this at the time or if I was just impressed that so many other people were impressed by it. There are some cool moments (the foot chain), but for the most part the quirk just doesn't read as anything interesting for me today. X

Centrifugal Force - I really do think this is the best omnitrack ever created, at least for me. I love how it starts out with quirk, moves into integration, then XY, and then finally the slow circular manuals section. The sections are clear and consistent, the transitions are well done, and the order of sections is excellent. It may not have much to say besides presenting a variety of track style, but it does that far better than any other track that I know of. √

Most of my votes felt pretty reluctant this round but I ended up voting for more tracks than I have in any previous round. And Sheldon keeps taking my votes, what a jerk.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:50 pm

I absolutely love you and Lukking for making such in depth reviews, guys. Puts every single track into a new perspective. Learning so much about the game and history through ToL, and I'm of the opinion it should all be archived.
Once it's all over, I'll record all of the interesting things and make a big compilation I think. I know I'll record how many total votes there were :P
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:11 am

WARNING
"Rating" based solely on my opinion:
Im being very harsh when rating these tracks so please dont start an argument if i rated your track not as highly as you'd like.
I seperated my rating into 4 parts since i think they cover the most inportant aspects. Popularity/Viewcount or the amount of hours worked are aspects i can not rate.

Gospel
Influentiality at it's time: 5/10
Creativity: 6/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 6/10
Personal preference: 5/10
Score: 22
Comment: I like the smoothness but it is not entertaning enough for me to justify a vote
Breathtaking Silence
Influentiality at it's time: 8/10
Creativity: 9/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 9/10
Personal preference: 10/10
Score: 36
Comment: The most entertaning scenery track of all time and my second most favourite track of all time
Mountain Technology 3
Personal preference: 6/10
Score: 23
Comment: Interesting style but too random imo
Phunner
Influentiality at it's time: 8/10
Creativity: 9/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 8/10
Personal preference: 9/10
Score: 34
Comment: Very high entertainment value. Solid, creative track
Brouillard
Influentiality at it's time: 4/10
Score: 22
Comment: Interesting style but a standard xy nontheless. Presentation is above standard
Pillars of Creation
Creativity: 4/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 5/10
Score: 20
Comment: Creation 0.5. Feels very generic (also because of the music)
Driftwood
Influentiality at it's time: 6/10
Creativity: 5/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 4/10
Score: 21
Comment: This one has it's moments but the majority is not entertaning enough. Many spots that are too blank. Intro is too long imo
Rek
Creativity: 7/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 7/10
Score: 26
Comment: The track itself is as standard as it gets. Cool 2nd half /music choice though
The Evolution of Line Rider
Influentiality at it's time: 9/10
Creativity: 7/10
Personal preference: 9/10
Score: 33
Comment: Great concept, solid execution. Has a lot of entertainment value
Secrets and Lies
Influentiality at it's time: 4/10
Creativity: 4/10
Personal preference: 4/10
Score: 18
Comment: Sorry but this track is just boring to watch
Incito
Influentiality at it's time: 7/10
Creativity: 8/10
Personal preference: 7/10
Score: 30
Comment: I like the vibe of the track. Very well thought out. Don't like the last part that much
Centrifugal Force
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 5/10
Score: 23
Comment: Also very generic track/style. The best part is the integration. Music is meh
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Error in the OP due to a math issue: 11 polls x 9 videos each = 99 videos advancing, which means it is necessary to let another track through in this poll.

Brouillard, Secrets and Lies are eliminated. The rest advance.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down