We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

purchasing iridethelines.com

+6
Wolf_Spirit
Conundrumer
TheRevTastic
rabid squirrel
Lukking
SethComposerGuy
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

would purchasing iridethelines be worth it?

purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 4 ]
purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

purchasing iridethelines.com - Page 2 Empty Re: purchasing iridethelines.com

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Conundrumer wrote:If you want to initiate communication with InXile, we can have a group chat with mhenr.
The risk is that they could tell us we can't do what we're doing. If you think that is a negligible risk then I would love to initiate that communication.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:03 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Conundrumer wrote:If you want to initiate communication with InXile, we can have a group chat with mhenr.
The risk is that they could tell us we can't do what we're doing. If you think that is a negligible risk then I would love to initiate that communication.

Actually, it would make sense for mhenr to initiate, since he had the original connects. That being said, we should still talk with him to get an understanding of what InXile's attitudes were, the last time mhenr spoke to them.

TheRevTastic wrote:Well my other main reason that I forgot to say was that the whole point of Stack Overflows design is the same - to get one question and one answer at the top of the screen, then all lesser answers out of the way.

That isn't a community in my eyes, more of a support/answer site.

StackOverflow/StackExchange is not/does not use Discourse.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:39 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
I've been toying with the idea of contacting InXile and asking how I could get the linerider.com domain. Or get them to put a link to this site somewhere instead of just a "sorry nope" page.
Thats actually a very good idea...basically the dream if we get a redirect from lr.com
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:01 pm

I had another idea, which is instead of creating a whole new forums for us to move to, we (though always a possibility later if not right away) would be to create it to be a more multimedia based gaming website mostly for linerider but also open to other areas we may be interested in. We could have a page for featured linerider videos organized by common track styles. (xy, gravity, manuquirk, manuals, omni, scened, other, etc). It could also be a place where we could share other things like games, art, music we created (including new linerider versions). One more thing to note, is for us to own a domain name that tends to get a lot of hits, as opposed to any old website is actually quite valuable in the sense it increases our chance of making a profit from it if we were to create a professional looking website.

Personally, I think it would be awesome if we could get our hands on both irtl and linerider.com
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:55 pm

I've been wondering/asking if anyone is able/willing to do this for the weridethelines.com domain that we currently own for the past several years starting when we moved here. Our "portal" homepage sucks and I want to make a new one but don't know enough myself about website design and can't really seem to teach myself. Unfortunately, nobody has ever expressed any interest in actually doing this, but I remain open to any offers.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:43 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Get mad at me for this:
There is literally no reason why having the old site back would actually benefit our community.

Red theme and active lurker chatbox would benefit everyone 8D
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:07 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I've been wondering/asking if anyone is able/willing to do this for the weridethelines.com domain that we currently own for the past several years starting when we moved here. Our "portal" homepage sucks and I want to make a new one but don't know enough myself about website design and can't really seem to teach myself. Unfortunately, nobody has ever expressed any interest in actually doing this, but I remain open to any offers.
Conundrumer wrote:I wouldn't change anything right now because we haven't pointed out tangible issues with what we have right now.

We can all agree the "portal" homepage sucks. But what is the purpose of the homepage for us in the first place? If the audience is just us, and we've all learned how to navigate around it, does anything need to change? If we want to make a homepage for new players, we're gonna need a masterplan and have a lot of moving parts to even have a chance at getting new players. It'll take a lot more than just making a better homepage.

SethComposerGuy wrote:I had another idea...

At this point, it becomes more of a question of what we want as a community.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Conundrumer wrote:We can all agree the "portal" homepage sucks. But what is the purpose of the homepage for us in the first place? If the audience is just us, and we've all learned how to navigate around it, does anything need to change? If we want to make a homepage for new players, we're gonna need a masterplan and have a lot of moving parts to even have a chance at getting new players. It'll take a lot more than just making a better homepage.
There are typically as many guests lurking on this site (not bots, guests) as there are members online. I think a more professional homepage would draw in new members. And it's something that wouldn't be incredibly hard to do.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:23 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Conundrumer wrote:We can all agree the "portal" homepage sucks. But what is the purpose of the homepage for us in the first place? If the audience is just us, and we've all learned how to navigate around it, does anything need to change? If we want to make a homepage for new players, we're gonna need a masterplan and have a lot of moving parts to even have a chance at getting new players. It'll take a lot more than just making a better homepage.
There are typically as many guests lurking on this site (not bots, guests) as there are members online. I think a more professional homepage would draw in new members. And it's something that wouldn't be incredibly hard to do.

We could start a simple web page showcasing just 4 tabs: 1 a home page with information of what linerider is all about, another tab that displays featured linerider videos in a nice neat package (including possibly well done tutorials), another tab that allows people to just play linerider online with the option to download different linerider versions, and finally one tab for the forums that just links us to this site (at least until someone want to attempt a better looking forums page).
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:We could start a simple web page showcasing just 4 tabs: 1 a home page with information of what linerider is all about, another tab that displays featured linerider videos in a nice neat package (including possibly well done tutorials), another tab that allows people to just play linerider online with the option to download different linerider versions, and finally one tab for the forums that just links us to this site (at least until someone want to attempt a better looking forums page).
Again, if someone wants to do this, or anything like it, or anything at all, go for it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:10 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
SethComposerGuy wrote:We could start a simple web page showcasing just 4 tabs: 1 a home page with information of what linerider is all about, another tab that displays featured linerider videos in a nice neat package (including possibly well done tutorials), another tab that allows people to just play linerider online with the option to download different linerider versions, and finally one tab for the forums that just links us to this site (at least until someone want to attempt a better looking forums page).
Again, if someone wants to do this, or anything like it, or anything at all, go for it.

To be honest, we could probably be able to make a much better website if a group of us worked together than just 1 person. Think about it. if one person designs a good structure for the website (where we want the tabs, where we want the content, is easily navigatable, etc etc,) someone else or a few people who is a good gfx artist would be able to make it look pretty and inviting, and someone with good english skills would take care of any information we want to share. You know, split up the work.

For me to make an investment in getting irtl, I want to be sure we are at least making progress on a quality website people can enjoy despite how busy we are right now. I'm sure, even if none of us is willing to create a website our on our own, we could at least pitch in now and again despite our busy schedules.

All we need to really start on this project is people who are interested in this sort of project, a general game plan of how we want the website to be like, and somewhere we can share what we create and test out our in progress on our future site.

Edit: as for the forums, I do think it best to just stick with this site as our place for forums as apposed to causing a split in our already few numbers between people who want change and like the new place and people who would rather stay here.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:21 pm

I could help with the design/GFX things...im not a pro designer but i'll see what i can do.
We should definately contact inxile and ask for the lr.com site though...i hope this does not fall into oblivion
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:36 pm

Too lazy to continue atm. Also would use a different background/fonts/etc. Just a concept.

https://gyazo.com/de128dbd27af8ca2f0a29ff4f1fddb38
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2