We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COTM #30 How about another maze (low linecount)?

+6
OTDE
Apple
Sheldon
Lukking
ScrungleBlumpkus
Z_N-Freak
10 posters

Go down

COTM #30 How about another maze (low linecount)? Empty COTM #30 How about another maze (low linecount)?

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:03 pm

The maze contest has gotten more entries already than the previous few COTM's I believe and I think it just means we all love mazes, so how about another one?

I'd be willing to create & host, but I'd like to leave recording & editing of the final entries to someone else (basically I'm not willing to spend time on it, soz...).

My idea would be to have this maze be a sort of puzzle, where people will be trying to figure out how to use their lines most effective. I remember that a long time ago we had a low-line count maze that I won by strategically placing lines and sometimes even re-using them. To me it was a fun puzzle, to figure out how to use fewer and fewer lines.

Maybe we should call this type of contest a parkour (obstacle course), rather than a maze, as I believe we've never got lost in any of our mazes, haha.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

COTM #30 How about another maze (low linecount)? Empty Re: COTM #30 How about another maze (low linecount)?

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:20 pm

I want to see a maze that is truly difficult to maneuver in terms of finding a way through
also I want something that abuses glitches more but that's just me ilking to show off glitches
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

COTM #30 How about another maze (low linecount)? Empty Re: COTM #30 How about another maze (low linecount)?

Post by Lukking Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:20 pm

How about a .gif contest?
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:35 pm

how about something where you can only draw lines in certain green boxes and there is an area with obstacles that you have to get through without drawing lines (airtime) and you have to land in another green box and then go through the next obstacle with increasing difficulty until the task is nearly impossible and we judge it based on number of obstacles passed and if multiple people get through all obstacles it will be the fastest time?
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:42 pm

*whoops, please delete post, didn't mean to double post, sorry* D:

Last edited by Z_N-Freak on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Lukking wrote:How about a .gif contest?

What would that mean? Aren't video's essentially .gifs in the sense that they both play enough pictures fast enough in a row to create the sense of a moving picture.

I'm guessing that for the .gif the limitation would be that there is no music? But this sounds essentially like more work than creating an actual track and recording it, because you'd need to take a screenshot of each frame or something right? It sounds interesting, but maybe not so accessible, as in, I've never even created a .gif to be honest... Must be easy to do though I guess.

And the .gifs would need to be Line Rider content right? Not one from your cat :p

Basically I've got no clue haha, I'd be interested to see what people come up with.

Sheldon wrote:how about something where you can only draw lines in certain green boxes and there is an area with obstacles that you have to get through without drawing lines (airtime) and you have to land in another green box and then go through the next obstacle with increasing difficulty until the task is nearly impossible and we judge it based on number of obstacles passed and if multiple people get through all obstacles it will be the fastest time?

Oh wow, this sounds cool too. Kind of like playing pinball, but with multiple interaction points where you're allowed to manipulate by drawing lines. I'd be totally down for creating either this or a maze. Both sound like cool ideas to me.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:07 pm

I was gonna say nothing like playing pinball but wow you're exactly right. It would be EXTREMELY tricky to make this contest sheldon suggested and even harder to get very far in it. Don't just draw boxes now. :P
Also I like the gif contest idea
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:17 pm

I would love to do a low line count maze. I missed the last one and it looked fun.

Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:31 pm

if you dont end up choosing my idea which is fine, ill see if rabid will let me run a future cotm and ill make the course!
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:03 pm

^please run it yourself yas
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:04 pm

I have another maze contest cooked up, if you guys want me to run it again. I already have the maze made, and I'll keep it a secret until next month Wink
Also, I can record and edit, as always Smile
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:43 pm

I'd like to see a "there and back again" speed contest.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:13 pm

^bring booty back but opposite
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Has a "Track in a Shape" contest been done before? Not a box, but a track in a circle or a track in a weirdly shaped polygon, or a track inside a blocky 'U' shape. I think it'd be fun.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:48 pm

^^
Speaking of ideas, wouldn't mind another beta decline contest (only allowed to erase lines to make the track)
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:10 pm

*cough* inb4 otde has that in mind
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:18 pm

shua wrote:Has a "Track in a Shape" contest been done before? Not a box, but a track in a circle or a track in a weirdly shaped polygon, or a track inside a blocky 'U' shape. I think it'd be fun.
There was the AIDS contest.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Some really cool ideas but I think a gif (basically, coolest loop contest) would be the awesome! Imagine everyone's avatars after that.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:23 pm

How about something like a sabotage-y collab track? Each entrant tries to make the best part, while making the other contributors' parts more difficult. While each person tries to make the next person's part difficult to start, (s)he still has to prove that it is possible to get out.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:35 pm

^I could so do that
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:27 am

accelleration contest
first one to 500 ppf anything goes
(no a kramual cannon cannot get you to 500 ppf in one frame before someone says inb4 kram
cannon >.>)
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:59 am

inb4 Sheldon says inb5 someone says inb6 kramual cannon
Sheldon that's the best idea yet
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down