We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exceptional Videos Playlist Marathon Livestream Event?

+9
Opal Rider
Josro
efrazable
Rafael
TheRevTastic
SPL4SHZ0N3
Wolf_Spirit
GhostY
Getthim
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Exceptional Videos Playlist Marathon Livestream Event? Empty Exceptional Videos Playlist Marathon Livestream Event?

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:29 pm

So I was talking with Padilin, a new guy, in the chat, and I mentioned that I don't think anyone has watched the exceptional line rider videos playlist all the way through. And then I had a brilliant idea.

What if I marathon-watched the entire exceptional line rider videos playlist on the livestream, and commented on the tracks as they went? I know lots of stuff about all of them so I'd have plenty to talk about and I think it would be really fun. But I'd want to make it like, an actual planned event and stuff. The playlist is about 12 hours long so I could start at like 9 AM and go until 9 PM (or 10 to 10, or 11 to 11, or 12 to 12) on a day when I don't have any plans.

Then after the stream I could upload the entire 12 hour stream to my rabidjunk youtube account so you could watch anything you missed.

What I want to know is
1. would you watch this?
2. if so, what day, or when would you have time to watch in general? thanksgiving? christmas?
3. if it's a day you could watch, what time works best for you? I'm GMT -6 (central US time) and I could do anything from 9AM-9PM to 12AM-12PM. when I post this it is ~11:30 AM.
4. Any other ideas to make this event (even) more fun?

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Exceptional Videos Playlist Marathon Livestream Event? Empty Re: Exceptional Videos Playlist Marathon Livestream Event?

Post by Getthim Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:33 pm

i'd watch, free most in later than 4 weeks time, being GMT 0 (Dublin time)
your 9am-9pm would be preferable or earlier if you can
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Exceptional Videos Playlist Marathon Livestream Event? Empty Re: Exceptional Videos Playlist Marathon Livestream Event?

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:49 pm

I'd watch, timing is irrelevant since there is no way in hell I'd be able to watch more than 2 hours of it in one day.
Heck I'd love this so much.
In fact, why not live rabid reviews?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Dapianokid wrote:In fact, why not live rabid reviews?
Ooh good idea. might do that if this goes well.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Holy cow that's a lot! At 678.5 minutes, i would suggest splitting this into a trio of watching sessions over some breaks. I'll check my schedule and edit my post later today.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

yessssssss, i really like the idea of uploading it to youtube that way its forever in our hearts
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Awesome idea!
Has to be 100% at the weekend though, maybe we could do skype calls in the middle so everyone can join in a bit?
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:28 pm

I could set up a skype call. not sure how group skype calls work exactly. But I don't want it to get muddled with too many voices. I think it would be cool if I had, like, a rotating co-host or something but we'd need to schedule exactly when you're going to show up and leave and I'd want to make sure I always had someone, or otherwise just do it all myself. I would of course have the chat up and could respond to questions and whatever people wanted to talk about in the chat.

I could probably have three four hour chunks with two half-hour breaks for two meals :P I think that might be a good idea.

Looking at my calendar.
Saturday 11/29 might be a good idea. No plans for that day and people in the US would be on thanksgiving break.
Saturday 12/27 could also be a good option. Christmas Break and stuff. I'm free all day.
Saturday 1/3 or saturday 1/10 could also work for me. but not sure how free people will be then.

As for non-weekend days...
wed 11/26
fri 11/28
mon 12/8
tues 12/9
mon 12/15
tues 12/16
wed 12/17
mon 12/22
tues 12/23
fri 12/26
any day mon 12/29 through fri 1/2
any day mon 1/5 through fri 1/9

I'm inclined to do this sooner rather than later, and I'm also inclined to do it on a weekend. would have to be done by 1/10 because after that I am quite busy through most of february.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:29 am

I would love to see this
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:56 am

If you think you have the energy to do a 12 hour stream then sure. Just saying that because even people that stream for a living find it hard to do a stream for 12 hours straight.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:11 am

That's an awesome idea! I'd definitely be watching it. I can (probably) watch at 29/11, 27/12 and 10/1. But yeah, why not break it down into 3 4-5 hour streams?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:10 pm

I'm debating whether I should be like "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" (which is my instinct) or if I should somehow break it up some more. I could do 9AM-11PM and make the breaks one hour each? Or are you guys suggesting I do it over three days?

I'm starting to think December 27th will be the best day. Anyone who wants to see it but can't on that day?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:33 pm

I would love this, but I could only watch on Thursday, Friday, or Sunday, and could not watch on Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve/day. I like the idea of rotating co-hosts. I suggest splitting it up between 2 or 3 days. The 27th doesn't work for me, the 28th would be better, but don't let me stop you if it work out for everyone else. This sounds really fun Smile

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:57 pm

I think a large part of the draw for you to do this event is the concept of such a massive undertaking, because of the dedication which will be involved in taking this on. It'll be yet another tribute to LR for which you'll be renowned. You're historically passionate about the game, so it makes sense.

I recommend a video reaction of each featured movie and a tribute to the most truly sensational LR tracks of all time. What's great is that the top ten ever list wouldn't be a huge argument. After you do this event, why not even do a video'd analysis of tracks while in editor mode? Like go into the evolution of a track, point out interesting things, etc.
The power of video-commentary on LR tracks and videos has for whatever reason suddenly been opened up, and somehow I believe it'll be extremely impactful to the community. I, for one, would practically pay money just to see you or historically renowned players (Kramwood, Sheldon, Cereal, etc.) react to and comment on tracks.

tl;dr? doesn't matter, if you cared you'd read it. Otherwise, just a monologue fueled by meds.

More on-topic: I will make my best effort to watch a portion of it live, and I am one of the people who believes it should all be done at once, provided you can definitely do it. I'd hate to see you say you'll do it and then get interrupted somehow on some particular day. Make an effort either way, as the more you put in will mean the more you get out of it, and the community in turn will get more for your efforts. Way to spark some activity Very Happy
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:14 pm

1. Decided to do this on December 27th. It's a perfect day for me and lots of people will be able to see it. It also gives me enough time to do some repair work on the playlist Smile

2. I'll stream 9AM-1PM, pause for lunch 1-2, stream 2PM-6PM, pause for dinner 6-7, stream 7-11PM to finish it off. I did stream for 8 hours straight back on halloween with no breaks (9AM-3PM) and it wasn't even planned and I didn't even have food so I'm pretty sure I can do 12 hours with two 1 hour breaks lol

3. If you are interested in being a co-host at any point, speak now or forever hold your peace. You don't have to be an "old member" but you will have to be free on 12/27, you will have to talk with me on skype, and you will have to have already seen most of the tracks in the playlist especially in the segment we will be watching together.

4. If this is successful I will consider doing more live video commentary in the future - all sorts of exciting possibilities here.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:54 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:3. If you are interested in being a co-host at any point, speak now or forever hold your peace. You don't have to be an "old member" but you will have to be free on 12/27, you will have to talk with me on skype, and you will have to have already seen most of the tracks in the playlist especially in the segment we will be watching together.
me
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 pm

i'll attend, but i'm too afraid of saying something stupid :/
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm down for this. Probably slotted for some of the later tracks though; while I've watched a lot of the older ones, I know next to nothing about them.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Chuggers wrote:me
Want to do the early shift? 9AM to 1PM GMT-6?
efrazable wrote:i'll attend, but i'm too afraid of saying something stupid :/
I mean, I don't think you'd have anything to worry about. But no pressure.
Opal Rider wrote:I'm down for this. Probably slotted for some of the later tracks though; while I've watched a lot of the older ones, I know next to nothing about them.
Want to do the last shift? 7PM to 11PM GMT-6?

---

I'd want to do a test stream-chat sometime, basically just skype me sometime while I'm streaming in the next month. I'll probably be streaming quite a bit. Just pop in the chat and we'll connect via skype and you can (video) chat with me about whatever on the stream for like at least 20 mins or so.

I want to make sure I have someone to co-host the whole time if I do the cohost thing because it'll be a totally different feel hosting by myself versus cohosting.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:43 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
that is 4am-8am for me, not sure if I could do that
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Josro Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:55 pm

i know it's probably expected but i will be doing it with sam.
Josro
Josro

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Chuggers wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
Okay, middle shift, 2PM to 6PM GMT-6? 9AM to 1PM for you.

ImJOSHH wrote:i know it's probably expected but i will be doing it with sam.
Not sure how I feel about that. I want everyone's face to be visible on the stream so it's clear who's talking (one of the things that bugged me about sledcast was that it was hard to know who is talking) but that's probably not possible with both of you. Also it might get muddled with three people all commenting at once - these tracks go by pretty quickly and we don't have a lot of time to go on tangents and whatnot.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:30 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Chuggers wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
Okay, middle shift, 2PM to 6PM GMT-6? 9AM to 1PM for you.

ImJOSHH wrote:i know it's probably expected but i will be doing it with sam.
Not sure how I feel about that. I want everyone's face to be visible on the stream so it's clear who's talking (one of the things that bugged me about sledcast was that it was hard to know who is talking) but that's probably not possible with both of you. Also it might get muddled with three people all commenting at once - these tracks go by pretty quickly and we don't have a lot of time to go on tangents and whatnot.

I don't like being stingy, but I'm not sure if I want to do something like this for hours unless Josh is in here, also 4 hours is a pretty long time imo to do nothing but talk over tracks, could I maybe go from 11am to 1pm my time
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:09 pm

That's totally fair. I'll think this stuff over.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Late shift works for me. We'll have to find a way to get both of our face cam windows to look the same though, otherwise this'll end up looking sorta funky.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next