We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone ever try ShadowPlay to record vids?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone ever try ShadowPlay to record vids? Empty Anyone ever try ShadowPlay to record vids?

Post by Mr.X Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:22 am

Now that YouTube is 60 fps, it looks amazing. I had to record the mystery track on my computer to show you guys. :P No edits sorry.

You need a GeForce GTX 600, 700, or 900 series to use it though. The above video only used around 13 MB of space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Shadowplay

Mr.X

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever try ShadowPlay to record vids? Empty Re: Anyone ever try ShadowPlay to record vids?

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:18 pm

That's pretty impressive for straight shooting, but the usual method is to record it in slo-mo and speed it up to match the timecode. You're only dealing with 275 lines and your comp is already struggling to play it at 40fps while recording.

Is it free? If so this might be a great option for people with these computers. You'll still need a way to edit in 60fps to get the 60fps output though unless you want to upload with no editing/music (generally pretty lame/boring) I might see if it's possible for me to use in Boot Camp on my mac when I record silent flame and clarifaction community scenery projects (I still just have hypercam and it sucks)

Usually my goal in recording is to make sure I capture every frame at roughly equal intervals, and then I can speed it up relatively simply. Sometimes with scenery tracks I'd edit them to be frame-to-frame, so it played at 75% speed but you could see every frame. Now with 60fps option I can just speed it up and let 20 of the frames be duplicates, doesn't matter which ones, so it'll be a lot less work to get a "perfect" recording if I'm uploading in 60fps.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down