We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously guys, what the hell

+3
ScrungleBlumpkus
Fauxfyre
rabid squirrel
7 posters

Go down

Seriously guys, what the hell Empty Seriously guys, what the hell

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:42 pm

I logged into the livestream chat and there was an impersonator of me in the chat. Is this still going on? Seriously? It was funny the first time but it's been like, 2 years. It's really disconcerting and annoying to not have any idea how much it's been happening or what the fake mes are saying and who might have believed it was me.

Basically what it comes down to is that I don't feel like I am welcome here and that is pretty upsetting. I don't feel at comfortable on this site because some people think it's hilarious to make fun of me behind my back and then nobody seems to want to tell me what happened. Do you not appreciate me being here? Do you want me to leave? Do you just hate me as a person?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Seriously guys, what the hell Empty Re: Seriously guys, what the hell

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:05 pm

Well to be fair, this probably wouldn't happen if we weren't so laid back here. It's just a joke, and people know they can get away with it without any reprimanding. Just chill out.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:15 pm

And if some people really don't like you, you just need to deal with it because not everybody always will. They're not the boss of you

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Somebody not liking you is on them. If anything, it's bad for them because you're kinda powerful, not to mention easily likeable (at least for me.)
I don't pay enough attention to know when it's happening. I've never witnessed your name being blashphemed, however. And if I did, I'd be quite outraged. But really, we play jokes on each other all the time. This is a creative environment. Not a competitive or business-type environment. So we're chill.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:49 pm

i like you rabid, and it is as dappy says.

i didn't realise at first but i now know what to look for,

please don't go
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Okay so emotions were running a little high when I posted that. I've been told that it was meant to be a joke and pretty obviously not me.

It was just really scary to log in and see my name in the chat typing stuff I definitely didn't type and not knowing if people knew it wasn't me. I just got home and logged in to catch up a bit and do a little site work and it was really jarring.

I tend to get a bit sensitive about this because I have been impersonated before and I have seen other people be impersonated with malicious intent and it is very scary to say "No I'm the real one" when you don't know if people will believe you. I know we like to think that we all like each other here, and maybe we generally do nowadays - maybe I'm showing my age but back when there were hundreds of active users here there were plenty of people who did not like specific people here and wanted to do anything they could to cause chaos. Hell, there were people who barely did anything but try to cause chaos. So I'm probably much more sensitive than most about these kinds of jokes. Especially because I try very hard to be an authentic person (Which is why my avatar and username have basically stayed the same since I signed up) and I get a bit freaked out when other people mess with that even if it's intended as a lighthearted joke.

Okay this is a really personal thread and I kind of feel bad for posting it at all but ah well.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Shotoku wrote:Well to be fair, this probably wouldn't happen if we weren't so laid back here. It's just a joke, and people know they can get away with it without any reprimanding. Just chill out.

It's a good thing we're laid back. We don't have to enforce rules most of the time. Enforcing rules is a generally negative experience. But people should generally avoid being a dick (you can have good intentions and still be a dick). In the end, as long as it is communicated that someone is being a dick and that person apologizes and stops being a dick, no rules will have to be enforced and there shouldn't be any further drama.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:32 pm

aaand some dick decided to register a new account called "RabidSquirrel"
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:50 pm

-.- track him down, contact his real acc, and ban the rabid.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:30 am

Don't worry brah, we can see when you're online on the forum and from that we can conclude whether or not the real rabid is talking Wink
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Yeah, that account was made yesterday, whether it was in response to this thread or not I have no idea. I honestly thought you were going to use it as a ghost account when I saw it.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down