We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mysteria III [CC & Cereal]

+24
Yobanjojoe
ACwazHere
LineMagiX
IGLima
CamQuartr
Votale
Enil
CleverAnimal
OTDE
rabid squirrel
Sssschiller
gaoyubao
Helios Pavonine
roflmaoqwerty
Diotoxin
Wolf_Spirit
theacp127
Summoning
Cereal
Fauxfyre
shammies
Opal Rider
Wizzy
Commandercoke
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mysteria III [CC & Cereal] - Page 2 Empty Re: Mysteria III [CC & Cereal]

Post by Votale Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:10 pm

^Holy tits I didn't see that either.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Wow. That was an amazing use of scenery splits to change the scenery to make a story. This track gets better and better.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:00 pm

CC I was so disappointed when I watched this track :|
Wish it was better. [/review]
Spoiler:
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Cereal wrote:You have no idea how pleased I am to know that you created such amazing scenery with some random track I sent you over two years ago <3 (Though the last 15 or so seconds were added more recently)

Congrats on finishing this trilogy so strongly. Never lose that style of yours! Smile
Thank you for making and extending this track just for me to scene. This was actually the most challenging track I've ever scened. But I also had a lot of fun with it. Trying to scene all of the tricky parts was really hard, but so much fun.

roflmaoqwerty wrote:And with this track, the torch of the scenery renaissance is (hopefully) carried on.

This was absolutely beautiful; I just cannot get enough of this style of scenery, and you have proven yourself time and again to be a true master. Incredible work, but please don't let this be your last Smile
Thank you. It's not my last. Wink

gaoyubao wrote:Hi... um... can I say something? Coming from a guy who thinks he knows how much effort you put into this but may be undervaluing this track, and who doesn't know scenery very well, and acknowledges the fact that scenery is hard to come by nowadays and shouldn't be flamed, I didn't really like the vines with just a one-line thickness (I know it's a thick line, but still) because it doesn't really hide the track. And how many vines do you see in real life that are circular like that? Again, I understand that this is asking a lot from you, but I think that if the vines had a thickness it would look better (but not too thick, because then it looks weird with the small grapes).
Besides that, your artistic skills are amazing! I especially loved the octopi tentacles, the swing set, the prince and princess or whoever they are, and the grolling butterflies. I would never be able to draw so accurately, let alone even finish a project this big.

EDIT: Oh I forgot. I also love the general structure of the scenery, with the underwater and overwater parts. That was cool. The wall making a reference to Happily Ever After was also nice.
Thanks for speaking your mind! That never even crossed my mind. I get so used to my own scenery that I have trouble knowing how other people will interpret it. Very Happy

Sssschiller wrote:I had some Cosmic Underworld feeling as I watched it Wink
It's hard to give criticism on such a perfect scenery track. You gave the viewer a wonderful picture of a fantasy landscape and filled it with life (the bees....omg, I love them Smile). Everything is drawn really smooth and with a absolut own style! The end with the owl at the top of the trees is just great!
The only thing that could have done better ( and with better I mean to reach the 11 out of 10 Very Happy) is to put some more eyecatchers in the track like the owl, the mermaid or the couple. Maybe something like a big bee inside the small bees ( I really love the bees Very Happy). The tendrils and tentacles are also drawn great, but the don't give the "wow" effect in such a huge track.
I hope you don't get me wrong. The scenery is on such a high level I haven't seen in ages.

<3
I think I agree with your "eyecatchers" thing. I felt like I had too many eyecatchers in MII so I went into this one a little timid about using them. Thank you for the kind words and criticism. Means a lot coming from a scener like you. Smile

rabid squirrel wrote:@wolf = I've always hated when people edit a post with a review. When you post a review, bump the thread! There was a review of bolted to the wall that I almost missed entirely because of that.

-----

Well look, it's the first big scenery track release since.... well, since Happily Ever After. So the first major scenery release since your last major scenery release Which basically means you are the lone bearer of the scenery torch. DON'T EVER QUIT WE LOVE YOU.

This track was excellent. It had all the good parts of Mysteria 2 but none of the bad parts, and all the good parts of Happily Ever After but managed to also be very elaborate. Something I would love to do is get the .sol(s) and make a big image of the full track. Please?

Okay now time for the review. Let's break out the scenery criteria that I started using just about the top everyone stopped scening ._.

Ambitious? For sure.
Epic factor/Impressive? In its own way. The art quality is what's impressive.
Complete/Cohesive? The way only CC can make it so.
Vision? Somewhat. A little bit of just "whatever looks good," and doesn't really take us on a journey or tell a story like HEA or STP but there is a nice theme and I never felt like it got dull, which can happen sometimes with tracks when there's no real progression. (On the other hand, that means I can't really tell what you scened first and last very well, so that's a compliment seeing how long it took for you to make it)
An Experience? Yeah.

Quality of art? THE COMMANDER OF COCAINE DELIVERED
Creativity in scening things? oh my gosh yes. more details in the specific things list of stuff below.
Speed manipulations? no but they wouldn't fit anyway
Detail? perfect amount
Consistency? totally
Unified Theme? hellz yeah
Originality? a bit similar to the other two. But hey that's what makes it a trilogy.
Speed? pretty great. Cereal did a good job.

Monument placement? nothing but the end. Maybe would have been nice to see some more eye grabbing stuff in the track, but it did all go by kind of fast, and the end monument was awesome.
Monument usage? The little bounce at the end was great. Good work Cereal.
3-D (extrusion, adding shine, shading, contour lines, adding depth)? extrusion was awesome with the buildings. Not any shine but nothing metal. shading was excellent and minimal and great. contour lines were amazing. depth was good in some places. I disagree with gao and think the double lining was perfect.
Made sense? Probably the highest scoring in this category of any track ever. Seriously. You have a way of making a track come alive that has no rival, and there was literally never a moment where I thought "oh that looks a little awkward", and there were multiple times I was like "omg CC you so clever look at you scene that tricky spot without losing your swag for an instant, yesss"
"Hiding" the track? (this is bad) Nothing at all except for a few clever moments which I adored.
Good Ending? Hellz yeah. Love the monument. felt a little alone up there, though, heh. But that drew attention to the monument in a way it probably wouldn't have otherwise. So that was good.

Okay so after this critique I think that the main thing I like that is different that I don't think you would guess is the scale. There was this great sense of a larger scale, with the trees, the tentacles, the walls... this was something you struggled with in Mysteria a lot and continued to struggle with in M2 but here you have it down to a science, so much that I didn't even think about it until I started critiquing it. Nice job.

On the flip side, there were lots of lovely large-scale stuff, and lots of lovely little details, but a bit less mid-size stuff than the past which is part of what I think chiller is getting at. Just a thought.

I have something that I don't know why I didn't see before. at 1:25 there is a gigantic line across the screen. Pretty sure that's not intentional? It kind of detracts from the area Sad

Okay specifics.
- 0:23 squid tentacle is beast. love how Bosh uses it.
- 0:25 I love the little "explosion flowers"
- 0:30 kudos for handling that like a pro
- 0:31 can I just say I love the way you scene flings? It's better than LRG. there I said it. This is just one example, they are everywhere in this track and they are all brilliant. Some of them I didn't even realize happened until I thought about how Bosh moved and realized there must have been a fling hidden there.
- 0:36 and that! cc you sneaky bastard I only saw that on the 3rd rewatch. Also I love this tree till I die.
- 0:41 I love this little person that you keep passing by, I noticed him the third time past him on the first watch.
- 0:44 love the mermaid, and the bubbles (yay flings!) but yeah what is with the giant line?
- 0:47 the water coming off the tentacles is just unreal
- 1:00 the vines he doesn't ride on look just like the vines he does ride on. nice job.
- 1:05 awesome moment. Never a moment of confusion about what I was seeing, just awesome.
- 1:08 I love these cone swirly things. also, so many circles!
- 1:15 I love this swing Smile
- 1:37 the number hearts you snuck into this track is awesome Very Happy
- 1:47 this thing. is awesome.
- 1:48 the bees are amazing! and another heart! This is just lovely.
- 1:56 damn cc you sneaky. I'm sure there is more stuff like this I am missing.
- 2:01 - favorite moment in the track. the people, and the lantern I only saw on the second watch, and the fence with the curly vines, it's just breathtaking.
- 2:11 I love how you scened the pinch to make it make sense for him to launch into empty space.
- 2:13 I was wrong, the owl's beak is shiny. lol. I love his face. and the smoke coming up. and the wood. and the hills in the background.

I kind of feel like the more I look at stuff the more I envy your art style, how you stop your lines before they touch a lot of the time and this makes everything somehow look MORE real. I don't get it and will probably never get it.

This was a wonderful conclusion to the trilogy. My advice for the future is - don't get too grounded in your current style. I'm starting to see tropes in your scenery and I would really love for you to break out and try something totally, totally different. Think about the variety of different things LRG tried to put into his scenery ;)Not that he succeeded at everything but I'd rather see a failed attempt at a futuristic lab or something else even more out-there from you than another mysteria-esque track.

Your scenery is one of the biggest reasons I am still here, so never stop <3
I'll post the .sol soon. I'd love to see it all put together like that! So appreciated.
I love reading through your comments specifying points in the track. Knowing what bits you like is fun for me. So thank you. Mysteria is done, so I believe I'll take your advice and try something new.

Wolf_Spirit wrote:CC I was so disappointed when I watched this track :|
Wish it was better. [/review]
Spoiler:
Thanks! And yes, I brought a lot of stuff back which some people might find as laziness or as a lack of new ideas, but it's not. In my mind Mysteria and HEA take place in the same world even though the art styles are different. The couple towards the end is the same couple from Happily Ever After. And that story has more to be told.

Thank you to everybody who has viewed and commented! I enjoy answering questions and giving insight so ask away. Smile
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Where do I begin?

CC, this track is a beautiful conclusion to a wonderful trilogy. Everything that was great about the first two tracks was brought back and blended with your new, clean, minimal art style. I love it. Review/specifics below.

Spoiler:
This makes me want to get scening my next huge track but I have another 20-40 seconds of naked track to make before I can begin. :P In the meantime I should to some mini-tracks to tide myself over...
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Godamn that was like BTTW but a million times better and more professional and clean. The thing that cam posted is so awesome too. This is seriously one of the most flawless scenery tracks I have ever seen and you were totally the one to be able to pull it off <3

Sorry but, imo this totally deserves a holy shoe more than most of the recent tracks that have gotten it. And I'm alright with taking the flack for that statement.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:39 pm

~boo wrote:deserves a holy shoe
Agreed.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:42 pm

~boo wrote:Sorry but, imo this totally deserves a holy shoe more than most of the recent tracks that have gotten it. And I'm alright with taking the flack for that statement.
I would offer you a sizable helping of flack under the assumption that you're alright with taking it, but you know, you're right 8D 
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

~boo wrote:Godamn that was like BTTW but a million times better and more professional and clean.
I have profoundly mixed emotions about this xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:40 pm

IGLima wrote:Where do I begin?

CC, this track is a beautiful conclusion to a wonderful trilogy. Everything that was great about the first two tracks was brought back and blended with your new, clean, minimal art style. I love it. Review/specifics below.

Spoiler:
This makes me want to get scening my next huge track but I have another 20-40 seconds of naked track to make before I can begin. :P In the meantime I should to some mini-tracks to tide myself over...
Thanks for the comments and critique! And trust me, I did not scene those odd sections with ease. I remember getting the bare track and thinking "how the hell am I going to effectively scene this?" It took a lot of patience and imagination. If I wasn't sure about how to scene an area I would stare at it thinking, usually come up with nothing, take a break or move on to another area nearby, and come back to it later. I tried not to settle for something I knew could be done better.
~boo wrote:Godamn that was like BTTW but a million times better and more professional and clean. The thing that cam posted is so awesome too. This is seriously one of the most flawless scenery tracks I have ever seen and you were totally the one to be able to pull it off <3

Sorry but, imo this totally deserves a holy shoe more than most of the recent tracks that have gotten it. And I'm alright with taking the flack for that statement.
Muchas gracias amigo <3

Here's the .sol for anybody who may want it. Be warned the saves are inbetween about 15000-28000 lines.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/twbk4swwory73m8/Mysteria+III+FINISHED.sol
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Hey, I haven't commented on this yet. I first watched it when drunk and my general consensus was "Damn that was great but kinda random" or probably more like "dabnt hat was greast! it was kind arandm sometimes though" and then I watched it the next day and was like "Damn that was great but kinda random"

*watches a third time*

Damn that was great! Kinda random though. =P I tried to pause it more this time and observe more carefully. I don't think randomness is bad or anything; it's just not really my thing. My personal style involves many complete, cohesive structures, and I have a hard time drawing things that may not "make sense." Hopefully you understand why I didn't "get" some of the things going on in this track. Maybe I just need to look at it longer. xDI don't know. Anyway. Your style is awesome and unique; the sketchy, semi-incompleteness is something I really admire. Art that is abstract, like this track, complements that style. :)That being said, you did a great job putting it together.

There were a few really cool shading methods: the perpendicular lines on the vines, the hairy hills (I joke but those are really awesome!), and actually that was like all the shading that existed. Pretty cool. I was digging the varying line thickness, but the bark on the trees stood out like neon green to me. I left for two hours and came back and just want to finish this post now ugh I loved the bricks and the stuff. Awesome drawing and scenery. Cool owl at the end. Also, the track was really really cool. Never knew where he was gonna go next. (y) Damn dude nice! Awesome track. Talk to you later.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:31 am

Yeah I'm kinda bumping my own thread, but these need to be posted.
Thank you's:

Cammy
Thanks so much for always being cool enough to record and edit my stuff.  And doing it so well. It's taken a while, but I've finally (maybe) figured out how to make splits easier for you. xDMore importantly, thanks for being a bro.  Not to get too cheesy, but you're always there to talk to and you keep my chin up no matter what. <3 Also, you have badass taste in music.

Sum
You crack me up every time we talk.  You're really just too cool.  Thanks for being there to talk to and make me laugh.  We're gonna hang out some day. Also, we need to collab more often.

Boo
Thanks for keeping ThornClan projects moving.  If it weren't for you there'd be even less movement. And thanks for being one of the few people who still has conversations with me. :)Triforce of Awesome + Cam <3 I'll never forget those late night stories. xD

LRG
You won't see this, but I'd thank you for just being who you are, making the tracks you made, and inadvertently influencing my style.  You're still my #1 favorite scener.

My high school art teacher (xP)
I'd thank you for teaching me how to be more creative and thanks for allowing me to take every project's guidelines, throw them out the door, and do things my own way.  

My Parents
Thank you to my mother for always being interested in my hobby regardless of not understanding it.  Sorry I'm too embarrassed to actually show any of it to you.  And thanks to my dad for, well, making fun of me for having a hobby.  That's alright, cuz you support everything else I do. ;P

rabidsquirrel
I love being able to bounce ideas off of you even if we have different opinions on many things in scenery.  And the feedback you give is truthful and encouraging.  Thanks for being the first to mention my name for LRL.    You're also an amazingly dedicated admin...when you aren't gone for months at a time. Hehe :3

Calabaza
<3 always

Cereal
You made this project the most fun and challenging project I've ever completed.  I loved your tracks back when I asked you to make this for me and I'm so glad I got to collab with you because you've become even better.  This track still holds up over two years later. I'm sooo impressed.  Thanks for making and extending this fantastic track.

There are so many others to briefly thank and I know I'd miss some.  So thanks to everyone.  I'm glad I have people to share my hobby with.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:57 am

;_;
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks cc Smile You remain my favorite rider of the lines.
Commandercoke wrote:Thanks for being the first to mention my name for LRL.
I think wolf actually mentioned it in the chat first, I just posted it :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Commandercoke wrote:LRG
You won't see this, but I'd thank you for just being who you are, making the tracks you made, and inadvertently influencing my style.  You're still my #1 favorite scener.
Surprise! 8D 
Thank you so much, I'm proud to have influenced this beast of a scener you've become!
Seriously, this is amazing. I occasionally drop by here to lurk and watch some tracks, but I haven't enjoyed watching something this much in forever, probably not since I stopped playing myself. This actually made me want to scene something again!

Oh, and I'm terribly sorry if I'm breaking any bumping-rules here. I just drop by so seldom, and there weren't that many threads over it in the green room, so I figured it would be ok!
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:38 pm

hi lrg
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:22 am

Hi lrg.

... Aaaand my day is made
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:01 am

LineRiderGjert wrote:...
This actually made me want to scene something again!

Eep 
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2