We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just got Laurent Clerc's permission to use all his songs for future line rider videos

5 posters

Go down

I just got Laurent Clerc's permission to use all his songs for future line rider videos Empty I just got Laurent Clerc's permission to use all his songs for future line rider videos

Post by OTDE Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:16 pm

In case you didn't know, Laurent Clerc is the man behind Little People, a downtempo/chill electronic artist who happens to make music that's great for Line Rider. I got his email from the contact section of his website and just sent him a friendly email, asking for permission, offering to jump through any hoops necessary, and generally being a subtle kiss-ass. I also gave an example video (Hymn) and thanked him for his time.

Fast forward to about a month later. I've completely forgotten about this, but suddenly I get an email out of nowhere from him. He said he was happy to let me use his music, as it was for non-commercial use. Needless to say, I was ecstatic.

Typically, Little People and the record company that owns it don't have a very tight lockdown on YT copyright violations, but I'm really glad that I can whip out that email in case a copyright smackdown happens. I'd suggest doing this with some of your favorite music artists, because who knows, they might just email you back!

I'll post proof as soon as I get back on Wednesdayish. I'm currently on a mobile device.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

I just got Laurent Clerc's permission to use all his songs for future line rider videos Empty Re: I just got Laurent Clerc's permission to use all his songs for future line rider videos

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:57 pm

We should totally do some sort of group LR synced collab tribute to this guy; it's very kind of him to agree to this, and perhaps other lesser-known artists would follow in his footsteps by us spreading their name or them coming to us.

Who knows, maybe LR will become the base for unofficial music videos for fledgling musicians. There's advertisement potential in such a powerful entertainment tool like this one. #jasonbradbury #doyouknowanysecrets
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

I just got Laurent Clerc's permission to use all his songs for future line rider videos Empty Re: I just got Laurent Clerc's permission to use all his songs for future line rider videos

Post by Conundrumer Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:25 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:Who knows, maybe LR will become the base for unofficial music videos for fledgling musicians. There's advertisement potential in such a powerful entertainment tool like this one. #jasonbradbury #doyouknowanysecrets

I WANT THIS TO BE A THING
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Conundrumer wrote:
roflmaoqwerty wrote:Who knows, maybe LR will become the base for unofficial music videos for fledgling musicians. There's advertisement potential in such a powerful entertainment tool like this one. #jasonbradbury #doyouknowanysecrets

I WANT THIS TO BE A THING

So he has bid us, so it must be done. *bows*
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:08 am

roflmaoqwerty wrote:We should totally do some sort of group LR synced collab tribute to this guy
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t7388-album-tennis
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:24 am

I wish that had become a thing. It sounded like a fun project.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down