We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Parade - Let's do this!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Black Parade - Let's do this! Empty The Black Parade - Let's do this!

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 pm

But because this is like, totally the coolest idea for an LCC project because of the name, and because I'm feeling like directing another huge project...

We're gonna make a Line Rider track synced to "The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9YV7w88eTM
HP had the original idea I think, and Raf and Kram started it but didn't get very far. But it's more epic as a LCC collab anyway IMHO Very Happy

Buckle up guy cause this thing's gonna be a behemoth. The final result will be a nearly 5 minute omnitrack of mindblowing epicness. However, if you look below you can see I've split it into bite-sized pieces which will make it easier to tackle.

13s: [0:13 in song] 0:00 to 0:13 - SLOW manuals. no quirk.
14s: [0:26] 0:13 to 0:47 - Manuals - pick up speed a bit, gravity wells are cool but keep it manual-focused
4s: [1:00] 0:47 to 0:51 - ACCELERATE
38s: [1:04] 0:51 to 1:29 - Highspeed quirk, but make it "big" - no sharp turns, keep it mostly simpler (e.g. no future quirk stuff)
5s: [1:43] 1:29 to 1:34 - Airtime or something to gradually slow him down
11s: [1:47] 1:34 to 1:45 - freestyle it up bitches. low to mid speed.
17s: [1:58] 1:45 to 2:02 - some compact-er freestylin'
3s: [2:15] 2:02 to 2:05 - Accelerate
20s: [2:18] 2:05 to 2:25 - Mid to high speed freestyle quirk.
17s: [2:38] 2:25 to 2:42 - Let's mix it up and do some XY here
21s: [2:55] 2:42 to 3:04 - expand the XY out to a more Roboranty mid/highspeed style
12s: [3:17] 3:04 to 3:16 - dense and intense, baby. go crazy.
3s: [3:29] 3:16 to 3:19 - Epic tumbling/grolling. for the win.
19s: [3:32] 3:19 to 3:38 - BIG - mid/highspeed - manuals or simple flings on hits, huge airtimes in between. Important to sync this part precisely to the music.
11s: [3:51] 3:38 to 3:49 - Transition into... still BIG mid-highspeed, also synced precisely with music, target moments of sustained flings/manuals for a more "static" feel contrasting with grolling/etc for a more "busy" or "intense" feel
5s: [4:02] 3:49 to 3:54 - GO COMPLETELY NUTS. FIVE SECONDS OF TOTAL INSANITY. MAKE MY JAW DROP.
18s: [4:07] 3:54 to 4:12 - More highspeed quirk. Have fun.
2s: [4:25] 4:12 to 4:14 - Tumbling to slow him down a bit
21s: [4:27] 4:14 to 4:35 - Manuals-only epicness - no gravity wells. Think Bjerre style. barrel rolls, shoulder pinches, manuals, all cool. This part should be precisely synced too.
4s: [4:48] 4:35 to 4:39 - Upward airtime
12s: [4:52] 4:39 to 4:51 - Slow manuals. no quirk.
End [5:04] 4:51 - Stall & Monument.

Since I just typed this up now, feel free to listen to the song and follow along yourself, and tell me if you have anything you would do differently.

Also. Anyone want to volunteer for the first part? Slow manuals, no quirk? 13 seconds? Not hard!

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

The Black Parade - Let's do this! Empty Re: The Black Parade - Let's do this!

Post by Cereal Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 pm

I hope Rafael is ok with this. xD

I could do the slow manuals...
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Cereal wrote:I hope Rafael is ok with this. xD

I could do the slow manuals...
you might want to do the second part and let someone else do the first. But I could be wrong, maybe the first part looks more appealing? or maybe you think you can do both?

also yeah let's wait for raf to see this before we start. see if he has anything that he would like me to change about the plan.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:31 am

It was my idea, and I started this..
And I don't wanna be an ass about this but I'm not sure I can be satisfied if we do this. Mostly because I have a very precize vision on the progress of this track, and secondly because I doubt a mix of so many styles wil give a good outcome on a precize music sync project like this.
I was planning on making The Black Parade a pumped manual-based (meaning not a single quirk part) very entertaining track. I wanted to create tension and an "epic" feel without doing any complicated tricks. Bipolar is a good example, and so is Prime Blend.
(And I'm still thinking about doing this with Kw)
This was my plan:
14s: [0:26] 0:13 to 0:47 - Manuals - pick up speed a bit,
4s: [1:00] 0:47 to 0:51 - Accelerate to highspeed. Thinking about barrel rolling or a pinch.
38s: [1:04] 0:51 to 1:29 - Long highspeed manuals at highspeed. Not a very high speed. Say.. Enough to make a loop in one guitar chord. Not sync the manuals to the guitar chords, because this will make it predictable. The rhythm repeats one time. In that repeat I'd start adding flings. Still, nothing complicated and all of long duration. This is ALL a buildup.
5s: [1:43] 1:29 to 1:34 - Downwards airtime.
11s: [1:47] 1:34 to 1:45 - Very fast paced manuals with plenty of integration. This will slow Bosh down to midspeed
17s: [1:58] 1:45 to 2:02 - Regular manualing
3s: [2:15] 2:02 to 2:05 - Semi-highspeed manuquirk.
20s: [2:18] 2:05 to 2:25 - Same, but with a faster pace.
17s: [2:38] 2:25 to 2:42 - It's getting more quirkier at normal speed.
21s: [2:55] 2:42 to 3:04 - There'll be a major speedup, followed by EXTREME highspeed with looong manuals
This is just a sketch of some factors I want incorporated in this track. Now do I think this can be done if you let a new played make a part every 15 seconds? No. It'll be in-cohesive as hell.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 am

Rafael wrote:It was my idea, and I started this..
And I don't wanna be an ass about this but I'm not sure I can be satisfied if we do this. Mostly because I have a very precize vision on the progress of this track, and secondly because I doubt a mix of so many styles wil give a good outcome on a precize music sync project like this.
I was planning on making The Black Parade a pumped manual-based (meaning not a single quirk part) very entertaining track. I wanted to create tension and an "epic" feel without doing any complicated tricks. Bipolar is a good example, and so is Prime Blend.
(And I'm still thinking about doing this with Kw)
This was my plan:
14s: [0:26] 0:13 to 0:47 - Manuals - pick up speed a bit,
4s: [1:00] 0:47 to 0:51 - Accelerate to highspeed. Thinking about barrel rolling or a pinch.
38s: [1:04] 0:51 to 1:29 - Long highspeed manuals at highspeed. Not a very high speed. Say.. Enough to make a loop in one guitar chord. Not sync the manuals to the guitar chords, because this will make it predictable. The rhythm repeats one time. In that repeat I'd start adding flings. Still, nothing complicated and all of long duration. This is ALL a buildup.
5s: [1:43] 1:29 to 1:34 - Downwards airtime.
11s: [1:47] 1:34 to 1:45 - Very fast paced manuals with plenty of integration. This will slow Bosh down to midspeed
17s: [1:58] 1:45 to 2:02 - Regular manualing
3s: [2:15] 2:02 to 2:05 - Semi-highspeed manuquirk.
20s: [2:18] 2:05 to 2:25 - Same, but with a faster pace.
17s: [2:38] 2:25 to 2:42 - It's getting more quirkier at normal speed.
21s: [2:55] 2:42 to 3:04 - There'll be a major speedup, followed by EXTREME highspeed with looong manuals
This is just a sketch of some factors I want incorporated in this track. Now do I think this can be done if you let a new played make a part every 15 seconds? No. It'll be in-cohesive as hell.
Looking this over, my vision is actually very similar to yours, except mine is LONGER. it ends at the end of the song.

Notice how you end at 3:04. My plan is virtually identical to yours except:
- 1:04 is not necessarily manuals, could be some simple flings and/or manuals.
- 1:47-2:15 is not necessarily manuals but could be, hence "freestyle"
- 2:15 instead of just getting faster paced manuals we do some quirk.
- 2:38 instead of ending the track, we do some XY and save the uber highspeed for later (4:07)

Seriously, actually read through mine and yours and compare them. I think our visions are actually quite similar. Let me know your thoughts.

Also, an aside - this track is almost 5 minutes long. It's gonna have some variation. IMHO it will get boring if we don't mix it up for that long. (see: a common reaction to Jam "it's boring") This song makes that possible because it varies so much. I've never heard the song before but I listened to it and was like "HOLY SHIT THIS THE PERFECT TRACK TO MAKE A MASSIVE PROJECT TO"
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 am

I'm also going through the entire track, but I haven't thought everything out yet. I never said it was ending at 3:04. Would be a strange moment to end anyway.
1:47 is exactly what I imagined as very fastpaced manualing. It's what the track is built around. That won't change.

And yes, this is indeed a great track to make a massive project to. That's why I started this and I started it and that's why I'm very reluctant of letting so many people work on the track. I agree this song/track would be a great LCC track, partly because of the name, but it'd also be an amazing collaboration track and I'd prefer that over a track where everybody works on with a different idea of how it should be done. It will be incohesive and it won't meet the requirements of the idea I have in my mind.

I see it as a challenge to be the creator of a very long track that manages to entertain you for five minutes without changing the main style (the "theme") of the track.
Your vision is similar to mine in great lines but it's exactly the red line through the track that totally differs from yours.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 am

I don't think the project will ever be finished if it's a collaboration. I prefer it to be a big LCC project.

You can't make an entertaining 5-minute only-manual track. I as well found Jam to be rather dull in some parts. Variation in the track doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be incohesive, it will make the track a lot more interesting movement-wise.

Apart from that, I could do highspeed quirk :3
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm

ill do a part
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

I never said it's manual only. It will contain quirk elements, but it won't contain quirk parts. And if you don't like it that way: Sorry. I'd love a track like that Smile
KW, you still up for this?
And how many times I've heard people say making a 5 minute track would be impossible to finish.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:18 pm

I can't tell if Rafael is ok with the community thing or not, lol. Assuming he is, does anyone think they are especially pro at slow manuals? If so, I'll do the part after that.

Still, I think it would turn out better if we left it as a collaboration between a couple people. Rafael has a point.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm not ok with these plans, Cereal. Besides, KW and me already have 40 seconds.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Alright, then it's settled. Leave it to Raf and Kram, y'all. LCC's got many other projects to finish. :|
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Glad you respect my decision C. Respect back Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 pm

damn.

I'm a bit annoyed because the project appeared to be dead in the water and now when I want to take over you suddenly want to resume it. When I asked about making it a LCC collab, here's what you said:
Ehm yeah... KW made a part and then it kinda died off. It's up to him what to do with it. I'm not very motivated for it as for now, but maybe that'll come back later.
Hmmm
I asked for details for over a week and neither of you said anything after that. And now once I actually dive in, you're suddenly super motivated again? It sounds like you don't really want to do the work but don't want anyone else to do it either.

Why are you so against having lots of people work on it? Why can't we take Kram's part and continue it as a collab?

I'd be totally willing to work with you on the vision - since you guys started it, if you want to put your foot down and say no quirk, well fine, but I think it's silly to say that only the two of you can work on it when lots of people really want this project to happen and are willing to make parts and you've been sitting on the first part doing nothing for months.

How about this.
1. You type up your whole vision for the track. We use that for now and can debate changes, but we start from your vision. I like your vision so if you want to say my way or the highway, then we'll go with your way.
2. You post the .sol from Kram and tell us a bit about whoever does the next part and what it should look like, and you can do this for each part from now on.
3. You allow me (and others if they like) to argue with you about changes, but you will always have the final say in 1) who does what parts 2) what style each part is 3) if someone's part is up to snuff or not.

Does that sound like it could work? I really, honestly, am not trying to be a dick and steal your track, I just want to actually make this happen. Please work with me.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 am

Yeah, I wasn't against other people working about it until I saw these plans. I know I kind of made a U-turn on that one. All I can say is... Sorry.
I'll think about it, but I think you know as no other that when you have a certain vision on a track it's difficult to let other people who don't have/understand that vision work on it. And this track is different from EoLR. EoLR is meant to be very versatile and a mix of many people's styles is a good thing. The Black Parade is supposed to tell a story. If this track became a standard omnitrack with many people making a part, it would become way less of a story. This thread kind of made me realise that I shouldn't throw away this project because it is quite special and.. also quite precious. I also made 10 seconds yesterday and will probably make more today.
Still, I'll have a think about it. Feel free to convince me.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 am

Alright. In that case, it is ok if I keep posting in this thread and asking for progress, so I know it's still moving forward? Then if you ever get tired of it we can help out.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 am

Sure Smile I can also let some LCC people do guest parts or something (just in case KW disappears/loses motivation).
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:46 am

how's it going...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:12 am

Kwam is wowkin
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 16, 2013 6:08 pm

hows it goin
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat May 25, 2013 10:38 am

been over a month, I think you should be able to give us an update
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat May 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Ask Kram.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat May 25, 2013 4:37 pm

kram says he's made about 8 seconds so far
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:01 am

been a week
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:41 am

Do we need to update every week? Rabid, we will tell you when this project dies out.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next