We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blessings.

+3
Cereal
Opal Rider
Votale
7 posters

Go down

Blessings. Empty Blessings.

Post by Votale Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Well, as most of us could probably say, there are some pretty crazy things that have been happening in my life lately. Lots of blessings in particular. By the way, I don't want any of this to sound like I'm bragging whatsoever, I don't want to come across as having a cocky attitude or anything. It's not like that at all trust me. I just wanted to share it with you guys since this community has been a pretty big part of my life for years.

As I've mentioned to some of you before, I play baseball (been doing dat mess since I was 4). I'm a senior in high school now, and it wasn't until the end of my junior year that my coach (who has been the assistant coach at a few colleges for baseball) told me that I had enough talent to play in college. Before that I hadn't even thought about it before, I just loved playing baseball and did it for fun. My brothers both played into highschool (one to his sophmore year, the other through his senior year). Usually, most players at least verbally commit to a college they're going to play at by their junior year, so because I hadn't even contacted any colleges to try to get them to come look at me play, I guess you could say that I was/am behind. However, with the help of my dad, some friends of mine/my dad's, as well as my coach, I've had the privledge of UCF (University of Central Florida) and Rollins College (High-end academic school) both showing interest in me playing at their schools Smile

I'm a pitcher, and there was a scout from Rollins college at one of our games coming to see a kid from the other team, but I happened to pitch one of the best games of my life that day and he said that he was extremely impressed. He talked to my dad right after the game, gave him his number, and literally asked my dad to send him all of my school records and application stuff ASAP because he wanted me to play on their team, which is a HUGE honor to be able to go to a college like that, honestly. After like a week and sending them everything they needed, he had a meeting with the president of the school to try to get me as much money as he could so I could play there (It's $53,000 to go there for a year like holy tits). Basically, as of now he's trying hard to help me out to go there (there are 5 kids in my family and 2 in college currently, so we can't afford a million dollar college), and after meeting with the president of Rollins, they cut the tuition down to $14,000 without taking into account Bright Futures (you Florida kids will know what I mean). So to be able to go to such a nice college as Rollins, where I can get an awesome education and play baseball, I feel extremely blessed. Even to be accepted to that college for my grades alone is an amazing feeling.

On the other side, the head coach of UCF's baseball team came to see me pitch last monday (I've been accepted to UCF as well). We had been preparing for this game for like 2 weeks now, and I even went and scouted out the other team because we had never played them before and I wanted to see how their hitters were, there weaknesses, etc. (Yeah srs bsns :| ) So yeah, I basically never get really sick. However, it just so happens that on this EXTREMELY important day, I wake up with the worst stomach virus I've ever had. The game was at 9AM, so I didn't realize it immediately, but when I got to the baseball field and started running, I starting puking on the field (this is like 45 minutes before the game starts). I ended up throwing up a few times and still starting the game pitching, but obviously when you're that sick you can't pitch nearly as well as you would when healthy. After 3 innings, going into the 4th inning, I was warming up and puked again, so my coach had to take me out. Luckily the scout saw me puke so I didn't look like a little fruit cake. But yeah, I've felt horrible the past 4 days, so I'm pretty bummed it had to be the one day of the year I really wanted to be as healthy as possible. Hopefully he'll come watch a different game sometime.

Nevertheless, there are tons of amazing things happening in my life, lot's of cool things (friends, baseball, college, etc.), and I hope all of your lives are going well also Smile

TLDR: ReaditdoucheIworkedhardonthat</3knotveryhardbutstill
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Blessings. Empty Re: Blessings.

Post by Opal Rider Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Good to hear! Blessings are always fun to find, especially when they're as big as that. And with that being said, I'm going to slowly turn the direction of the thread into blessings in general, so that EVERYONE can brag! It's like the Oprah of blessings. Or something like that.

But yeah, I've also had some really awesome scholarships coming up, except for me it was mostly in band, rather than baseball. After making the top level All-State this year, I've received so much mail from different colleges that it's rather overwhelming, although I finally narrowed it down to one, and got a decent scholarship for that. On top of that, I also have TOPS (Louisiana people would understand (I'm the only Louisiana person ;_; )), and a random scholarship on fire alarm safety, which I found on a random site on the internet.

Another blessing coming up is that of a job, which I'm super excited about. After decided to major in drafting in college, I was ecstatic to find a summer job based around that field. More college money will come from that, and it's rather fun in the process.

Last edited by Opal Rider on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Glad to hear that Opal Smile Congrats! That's awesome that you could find a job that also revolves around what you want to study in college.

And good call I'd love to hear how well other people are doing and stuff.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:35 pm

This probably made one of the top 3 longest posts I've entirely read on this site. Really sad to hear about getting sick at inconvenient times, but as far as the rest of the story goes, that's awesome! Smile
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm pretty blessed to be able to start going to college in a few months here. I can't wait since I haven't been in school for a year. I'm also excited to meet new people once I start going and make new friends. I'm blessed to have phone that still works, and I don't even have to pay for it. That's pretty fantastic, most kids my age usually have a job and pay for it themselves. I'm blessed to have people that care about me (a little too much, I'd even wager.) if I've learned anything from these past experiences, it's definitely that you shouldn't take anything for granted. I mean, tomorrow you could die. You could literally just fall to your face and collapse of an annurism or something. And then you'd be gone. So I'll try my best to not take things for granted, because I don't want to regret leaving before doing something I wish I had. I think that's my biggest fear. Death doesn't really frighten me, I think what gets me is not finishing something I started. Like that unfinished story. And Im afraid of what people will remember me for. I don't want people to remember me for something I didn't do, but what I did.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Dude, awesome news. Very Happy Congrats on kicking ass. I'm sure the UCF coach still thinks you're a boss, especially if you played while throwing up.

GL mang. Do you know what you're going to major in?
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:03 am

That's seriously awesome that you have the opportunity to play in college. I know how you feel with playing your whole life, I've played since first grade. Sadly I never got the chance to play past highschool (never talked to my coaches, never went to showcases, etc.) which I regret now. It's been almost 2 years and I really wanna play again. Hope everything turns out well for you Very Happy
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:52 am

Congratulations, I'm really envious of you since you had the chance to play baseball in high school and I didn't. :|

Wish you with all of luck in college!

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:02 am

@Votale:
Duuuuuude I'm looking at Rollins
Congratulations to you, and I wish you the best in your future!

@Wizzy:
I'm glad you understand that even though things might seem bad, there are still innumerable blessings in everyone's life; tying this in to your other thread, just always remember this and keep living your life with a purpose. That's the best way to live Smile
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:33 pm

ACwazHere wrote:Do you know what you're going to major in?

Thanks Smile

And I'm not sure yet, but I put "Undecided - Engineering" on my application because they like that mess, but I can change that whenver I want. I'll probably delve deeping into that once I decide where I'm going.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum