We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chuggers' Leet Fraps Recording Tutorial

Go down

Chuggers' Leet Fraps Recording Tutorial Empty Chuggers' Leet Fraps Recording Tutorial

Post by Chuggers Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Alrighty then. I've been recording with fraps lately and I can tell you it's a lot more efficient than hypercam for most everything. It doesn't require the game to be maximized, it takes little to no time to start up, and can record 1080p in fullscreen mode.

Here's the tutorial: It's pretty simple but I made it longer to look smart

First of all, you're gonna have to obtain FRAPS. Here is a link to the purchase page. It's pretty pricey to be used solely as an LR recorder, so I recommend either pirating it or using the free demo version (demo version only records 30 seconds at a time).

Next, you're gonna have to open it. Here's a gif I didn't make
Chuggers' Leet Fraps Recording Tutorial Fraps_win33
Go to the Movies page and set your FPS to 5, and you size to full.

Next, you're gonna have to go download Flash Player 11. If you're wondering, it is perfectly compatible with all Flash Player 10 tracks, and it runs a bit faster too.
Here is what the game should look like with fraps open.
Chuggers' Leet Fraps Recording Tutorial Fraper10
Of course when you take fraps screenshots/video, it will only cap the game like this.
Chuggers' Leet Fraps Recording Tutorial Flashp13

Next, you're gonna have to record the track. This part is pretty similar to hypercam recording, but you don't have to worry about the window getting obscured because it records the game, not the screen. Start the track in slo-mo, preferably using a version with slo-mo toggle. If you want a widescreen recording, use one of kevan's versions that open in 720p or whatevs they open in. If you're looking to record in 1080p, make sure you have a 1080p monitor and use the ctrl+f thing to fullscreen the game, then record like that. Press your record button and you should now see that the track is being recorded indicated by the big ass red numbers in the top left corner. It should stay at a steady 5fps recording, but don't worry if it goes over or under because it's lying.

Next, you're gonna have to be done. You've finished recording the track and all you have to do is find an editing program that lets you speed up the file to regular play. I recommend Sony Vegas or some other program that you can find.

Here's a few examples of recordings I did in 1080p with fraps:
Austere
Cornwallis

Keep in mind that this tutorial may not be for the people with lesser computers or those with less availiable software.
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down