We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linerider: Refreshed

+10
WishLine
Sssschiller
Rafael
SETH
Hedgehogs4Me
rich
Yobanjojoe
Inukaza
RyderLR
Stallie
14 posters

Go down

Linerider: Refreshed Empty Linerider: Refreshed

Post by Stallie Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Click here to comment, rate, and subscribe

Last edited by Stallie on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Linerider: Refreshed Empty Re: Linerider: Refreshed

Post by RyderLR Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 pm

That was pretty nice! It had a good slow feel to it I thought. Manuals seemed really small, I don't know what you were going for but he didn't do a manual for more than half a second. You really love flanuals xD They make the track seem pretty messy an random the way you use em, but hey whatever floats your boat Thumbs Up
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Gotta stack more.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 am

To be honest this track seemed very repepetive, it was just manual-fling manual-fling manual-fling over and over.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:45 am

dat 46 flanual.
Nice track stallie, some of the manuals could have been better but I really liked it.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 am

Rainbow Dash wrote:Gotta stack more.
Seriously? I'm down with a little teasing, but this is a track. He clearly spent a long time on this, and you know what they say about an eye for an eye. Think before you post.

Alright, now, let's get down to it, shall we? I wonder if I can make up for some of the crap posts above me.

First of all, that intro with the flashing/randomized motion blur made my eyes hurt. Please do not do that. xD
I'm guessing you were going for something kinda Georg-like with the beginning up to about 0:13? If you want to go with that style, you really can't give up on it, as basically the entire point is that it doesn't go with any other style very well. If I were you, I'd probably have made those shoulder/tail wells at 0:13 into a groll, leading into a tailie going around counterclockwise once you got him going up. It's a weird style, so you have to think outside the box.
Right when it hits 0:15, you see how it looks like you just started something completely new without any regard for what came before it? That's why I say that flow is when you have one track - if you completely disregard what came before, you end up getting moments like that where it looks like you just gave up on the old track and started again. As a general rule, asymmetrical alt flings generally aren't very good linking tricks, especially when they're not done very accurately. I'd've put something like a short shoulder fling in there instead, possibly leading into a nosie if you want to keep up the slow pace (not an insult, some of the best tracks aren't fast-paced).
Speaking of slow pace, generally if you have a stoppage like the one at the end of the pinch at 0:16, it's good to kick it off again with something powerful, and what came after just didn't do it for me. You know what they say - the most important part of stop 'n' go is the "go" - and that doesn't just apply to if your entire track is of that genre.
I like how you ended the tailie a bit early at 0:19 to try to fool us. Usually those are much more effective when you end it with a powerful well that causes rotation of some sort, though, so that it really hits you hard that you've been fooled, instead of just, "Oh, well, would you look at that." Going along with that, your quirk in the part afterwards was a bit... ineffective, and the tailie was a bit messy, which definitely took away from the effect. The second peg tip at 0:21 was a nice touch, though.
The part from 0:28 to 0:30 was nice, although it didn't really fit with the track. Maybe you should try making a track entirely in that style?
At 0:32 you basically handed yourself a golden opportunity for a great recycle, and you didn't take it. Come on, guy, man up a little! Wink In all fairness, a lot of people have this problem, lately - maybe recycling has just gone out of style, which would be a real shame, I think.
At 0:35, you seem to go right from a faster pace to a slower one again, in blatant disregard for what you did before. It's fine to change things up (in fact, I encourage it), but you have to learn to connect the parts better, or at least sync them to music. =/
What were you trying to do at 0:39? Generally when you have a moment like that, you want to keep the rotation going, or completely stop it for effect. It looks a little bit like you just completely gave up. =/
Thank goodness for the sort-of-recycle 0:42. I was getting kinda bored, but that caught my attention. Let's keep going.
That was a nice tailie at 0:43. Why didn't you keep it going? People like to see that you can sustain tricks!
The tailie going into the nose, err, flanual at 0:44 is nice, but it really seemed to me like it was just a fling and didn't need the baseline. :P
The rest until about 0:52 is... fine. The shoulder flanual was kinda cool. What were you trying to accomplish from 0:52 to 0:54, though? Did you get bored or uninspired? When that happens I usually either stop or start on a minitrack. You wouldn't believe how many unpublished minitracks I've made. Generally they explain most of the gaps in skill between my videos. :P
The rest also seems to be fine, although I'm also not quite sure what you were trying to accompish by unbalancing the tailie at 0:58, nor do I know what you were trying to accomplish at 1:06, but I suppose experimentation is good.

Keep it up! I can see that you're getting better, even if it can be frustrating to hear all those negative words. Don't give up!
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:47 am

pretty nice
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:03 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
Seriously? I'm down with a little teasing, but this is a track. He clearly spent a long time on this, and you know what they say about an eye for an eye. Think before you post.

I thought I was clever, and slightly charming. He should stack more. I stand by my vague comment that came off as a insult. Secondly, clearly, you can't tell how long someone spent on a track by looking, various skill levels, bro.
I would tell you to think before you respond, but that's dumb of me. How about you look into the various meanings that short sentience can mean. My post was suppose to point out the irony in his practices. Smile

I don't like the track, however, that one tail fling was pretty cool.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 am

You definitely improved, Stallie! Some wobbly manuals but yeah, practice makes perfect. I saw that some of the flanuals had lines going right through the "manual line". Generally that is considered bad so try avoiding that next time ^^
Also:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
I won't wanna be an ass, but you're not the one to talk with your post in the Stallie meme thread. I consider that much worse than Inu's post.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am

If it was really that bad, I apologize. I tried not to do anything that was directly insulting, but I may have gone a bit overkill with what I did do.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm

I didn't expect this style from you tbh! I enjoyed the track (and i didn't even like the song Smile). In my opinion you learned to speed up bosh pretty fast and keep a constant tempo.
But try to make your integration more flat (not so huge curves). That will look more pro 8D
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 pm

I liked it. It was gentle, it took its time. Bosh wasn't in any rush to enjoy all those curves and flings you made for him. Movement seemed consistent and more or less uninterrupted. There's a strong sense of ease, for some reason. Probably the music helped bring that about.

In summary, nice and keep making more Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinter Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I like the tricks you did but I think you can do better.
And I love the song
Pinter
Pinter

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote: I wonder if I can make up for some of the crap posts above me.
... I actually posted, I know it's not the best but I tried -_-
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 am

I wasn't referring to you. Sad
I also guess that sounded a bit too harsh, as well. I guess I was a bit depressed that day. Sorry bros.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:55 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I wasn't referring to you. Sad
I also guess that sounded a bit too harsh, as well. I guess I was a bit depressed that day. Sorry bros.

Sure you were and you also had to take it out on my track with your long essay. :|
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 pm

If you don't want your track to be reviewed, please specify that when uploading/posting.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Stallie wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I wasn't referring to you. Sad

Sure you were and you also had to take it out on my track with your long essay. :|

Hey Stallie. Please be fair to Hedge. We know he isn't motivated by meanness and deriving pleasure from making people feel bad. So I'm sure - no, convinced - that he was only trying to give you a lot of really detailed tips. That way you can change or alter your Line Riding if you want to. His long essay was trying to help, I'm confident. :-). We enjoyed watching your track, so please don't take offense if somebody says something about it. We're not out to get you.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Wow... I felt refreshed, no pun intended I seriously felt like that, when I watched it.

A very good execution of flow, not once did I see obvious flow killers, and even when it slowed down just a tiny little bit, it was recovered in a gentle fashion.

One thing I didn't like is some of the jerkyness in some of those gwells, reminded me of hax, so I sat there watching the video frame by frame. Not hax. unless if it was.... Eep

8/10

kudos for using Red Hot Chilli peppers. perfect song for that speed.

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:

I thought I was clever, and slightly charming. He should stack more. I stand by my vague comment that came off as a insult. Secondly, clearly, you can't tell how long someone spent on a track by looking, various skill levels, bro.
I would tell you to think before you respond, but that's dumb of me. How about you look into the various meanings that short sentience can mean. My post was suppose to point out the irony in his practices. Smile

I actually caught that, are me and Inu the only guys here who get satire?
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:If you don't want your track to be reviewed, please specify that when uploading/posting.

That's not even what I'm saying. Next time, please make your reviews a bit shorter, that's all I want.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Stallie wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:If you don't want your track to be reviewed, please specify that when uploading/posting.

That's not even what I'm saying. Next time, please make your reviews a bit shorter, that's all I want.
Dude, Hedge puts a lot of effort in helping you improve and you tell him to make shorter reviews? I'd LOVE if my tracks got reviewed that well. Learn to take criticism. He isn't bashing you, but helping you. As long as you stay open minded.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:37 pm

I would be flattered to get a review like that from Hedge.... .-.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Rafael wrote:
Stallie wrote:

Dude, Hedge puts a lot of effort in helping you improve and you tell him to make shorter reviews? I'd LOVE if my tracks got reviewed that well. Learn to take criticism. He isn't bashing you, but helping you. As long as you stay open minded.

I don't think it seems to me like he hates hedge for bashing him. The way it looks to me is that he just doesn't want to have to read it.

Onto the track.

I liked the way the track started out, with that nice, swooping granual. After that, you seemed to hit a brick wall, and switched to a zone you were more comfortable with, which is fine, but don't make it so blatently obvious. The one thing that really bothered me was the messiness of some of the flanuals. The first two looked really nice, and then they fell into some sort of disarray afterwards. It was a tad distracting from the rest of the track.

Tl;dr? Clean up some of your quirk, and it'll look a whole lot better.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down