We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

+8
[senpai] kevans
Cereal
SETH
Chuggers
CamQuartr
Inukaza
efrazable
Stallie
12 posters

Go down

Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR Empty Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Stallie Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Click here to comment, rate, and subscribe

Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR Empty Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by efrazable Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Lucky. :|

But seriously, nice!
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 pm

It was alright, you could easily tell who made what parts though. Nice as always tcr: Stallie, if you want my opinion on what you can work on, PM me. Smile

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 pm

It was mediocre.

TCR's parts were pretty awesome, though stallie, I felt your parts lacked the same speed and flow in which TCR had. That made it kinda inconsistent...

nice job though

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 am

how the heck did you get a collab with tcr

Anyways, it was a decent track, but I could easily tell who did what. Stallie, you gotta step up your game if you wanna finish first in the big dance
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 am

nice track! would be fun to scene
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 am

Stallie's parts were good, but TCR's parts seemed to overshadow them a bit. :P

It was a fairly enjoyable track overall, but I'd recommend collabing with people closer to your skill level. Wink
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm

I didn't enjoy the sudden changes in flow. I don't care if it's fast or slow, but it frequently oscillating in speed made it feel uneasy.

The transitions from manuals/gwells in flanuals were total flow killers IMO. Sudden stop then sudden go just didn't fit in.

However the manuals in there were extremely smooth. In my head I can visualize an acrylic ball rolling along a surface. What I "imagined" was that acrylic ball rolling along a giant marble track of pure smoothness made of polished marble.

6/10
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:44 pm

I would agree perhaps there was a slight jerkiness, but I loved the two different riders' styles working together. Always something nice in a collab. Co-operative spirit or something.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Honestly, the whole track just seemed... awkward to me. Yes, the upside down kramual type thing was sweet, and yes, there were some cool tricks in there, but make up your mind, woman! Either give it a gentle-touch, sweet-smelling, wake-up-in-the-morning feel, or do something powerful and cool. Either one works, but pick one or the other, or if you're going to switch between them every 20 frames, at least make sure that's also what the music does.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Absox Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Perhaps I'm just biased against tracks that have all those messy lines-
I mean, yes, it is in fact quirk, but with the proper degree of control that I've seen out of, say... aspi33 (lol you guys know who he is, right? I haven't done this line rider thing in like a year)... the tracks still appear aesthetically pleasing, even though there are doubled lines, and not everything is the same: everything rather, looks as if it has purpose.

My predilections aside... Hedge is right. Something feels awkward: you keep speeding up and slowing down by small bits, but there isn't really any flow to it: it lacks solid direction and purpose; you don't seem to sustain any particular theme for more than a second or two at a time, and there's always a fraction of a second too much airtime in my opinion. All in all though, probably better than what I am capable of.
Absox
Absox

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 pm

We certainly hold people to a high standard round here, don't we?!

Also, seeing your sigs together, Absox and Hedge...which came first? :P

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Absox Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:09 pm

WishLine wrote:We certainly hold people to a high standard round here, don't we?!

Well. LR has evolved quite a bit from where it first began

I made mine first, then Hedge asked for one. So I made him one.
He came up with the retort himself.
Absox
Absox

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:45 pm

efrazable wrote:Lucky. :|

But seriously, nice!

Thanks.

Rainbow Dash wrote:It was alright, you could easily tell who made what parts though. Nice as always tcr: Stallie, if you want my opinion on what you can work on, PM me. Smile

Ok and thanks for the support.

CamQuartr wrote:It was mediocre.

TCR's parts were pretty awesome, though stallie, I felt your parts lacked the same speed and flow in which TCR had. That made it kinda inconsistent...

nice job though

I kind of felt the same way about some of my parts too. I was busy and stuff last month when we got in def with the collab, and I lost a bit of inspiration.

Sam Storm wrote:how the heck did you get a collab with tcr

Anyways, it was a decent track, but I could easily tell who did what. Stallie, you gotta step up your game if you wanna finish first in the big dance

I'm just good like that sam. Yeah I have been getting that said for some other people as well, thanks for the advice.

SETH wrote:nice track! would be fun to scene

Why thank you.

Cereal wrote:Stallie's parts were good, but TCR's parts seemed to overshadow them a bit. :P

It was a fairly enjoyable track overall, but I'd recommend collabing with people closer to your skill level. Wink

Same thing I said to sam. I'll try finding someone at the same skill level as well.

kevansevans wrote:I didn't enjoy the sudden changes in flow. I don't care if it's fast or slow, but it frequently oscillating in speed made it feel uneasy.

The transitions from manuals/gwells in flanuals were total flow killers IMO. Sudden stop then sudden go just didn't fit in.

However the manuals in there were extremely smooth. In my head I can visualize an acrylic ball rolling along a surface. What I "imagined" was that acrylic ball rolling along a giant marble track of pure smoothness made of polished marble.

6/10

Well that's just you kevan, I'm glad you like the smooth manuals though.

WishLine wrote:I would agree perhaps there was a slight jerkiness, but I loved the two different riders' styles working together. Always something nice in a collab. Co-operative spirit or something.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the style change.

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Honestly, the whole track just seemed... awkward to me. Yes, the upside down kramual type thing was sweet, and yes, there were some cool tricks in there, but make up your mind, woman! Either give it a gentle-touch, sweet-smelling, wake-up-in-the-morning feel, or do something powerful and cool. Either one works, but pick one or the other, or if you're going to switch between them every 20 frames, at least make sure that's also what the music does.

Well hedge that's just you like I told kevan. I'll choose one or the other next time, and thanks for the advice.

Absox wrote:Perhaps I'm just biased against tracks that have all those messy lines-
I mean, yes, it is in fact quirk, but with the proper degree of control that I've seen out of, say... aspi33 (lol you guys know who he is, right? I haven't done this line rider thing in like a year)... the tracks still appear aesthetically pleasing, even though there are doubled lines, and not everything is the same: everything rather, looks as if it has purpose.

My predilections aside... Hedge is right. Something feels awkward: you keep speeding up and slowing down by small bits, but there isn't really any flow to it: it lacks solid direction and purpose; you don't seem to sustain any particular theme for more than a second or two at a time, and there's always a fraction of a second too much airtime in my opinion. All in all though, probably better than what I am capable of.

Uh, ok, and well I guess, but that's the whole point when collabing. Why do the same thing as the other person, you should be able to do what you want in the collab, and to tell you the truth airtime is good.

WishLine wrote:We certainly hold people to a high standard round here, don't we?!

Yep, I was wondering the same thing.

Absox wrote:

Well. LR has evolved quite a bit from where it first began

I made mine first, then Hedge asked for one. So I made him one.
He came up with the retort himself.

Ah, well that's nice.

Last edited by Stallie on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 9 times in total
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm going to post what everyone else said. nice track.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down