Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Stallie on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Click here to comment, rate, and subscribe




_________________
I Believe In Gangstas
I Love Music
My Life
avatar
Stallie
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by efrazable on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Lucky. :|

But seriously, nice!

_________________
@LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Inukaza on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 pm

It was alright, you could easily tell who made what parts though. Nice as always tcr: Stallie, if you want my opinion on what you can work on, PM me. Smile

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by CamQuartr on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 pm

It was mediocre.

TCR's parts were pretty awesome, though stallie, I felt your parts lacked the same speed and flow in which TCR had. That made it kinda inconsistent...

nice job though

_________________
Need a recording? Send me a PM and I'd be willing to do it Smile

CamQuartr
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Chuggers on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:18 am

how the heck did you get a collab with tcr

Anyways, it was a decent track, but I could easily tell who did what. Stallie, you gotta step up your game if you wanna finish first in the big dance
avatar
Chuggers
Member

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by SETH on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 am

nice track! would be fun to scene

_________________

"New Untitled" Solo
=> track 100% done (1840 lines) => scenery 9.5% done (96.6K lines)

Main Track : Spaaace!------ After Midnight ------ Dashing Skyline ------ Atlantis
Line Art : Rarity ------ Blunt Dragon
avatar
SETH
Member


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Cereal on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 am

Stallie's parts were good, but TCR's parts seemed to overshadow them a bit. :P

It was a fairly enjoyable track overall, but I'd recommend collabing with people closer to your skill level. Wink

_________________
Times They Are A-Changin'  

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

avatar
Cereal
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by [senpai] kevans on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm

I didn't enjoy the sudden changes in flow. I don't care if it's fast or slow, but it frequently oscillating in speed made it feel uneasy.

The transitions from manuals/gwells in flanuals were total flow killers IMO. Sudden stop then sudden go just didn't fit in.

However the manuals in there were extremely smooth. In my head I can visualize an acrylic ball rolling along a surface. What I "imagined" was that acrylic ball rolling along a giant marble track of pure smoothness made of polished marble.

6/10

_________________
LR Subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/linerider/
Discord Group https://discord.gg/0ggPNq98iruWoixw
OpenLR https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Sandy's CitySleepyheadSylveonSecrets and LiesWeird ScienceI AM VEGA
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by WishLine on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:44 pm

I would agree perhaps there was a slight jerkiness, but I loved the two different riders' styles working together. Always something nice in a collab. Co-operative spirit or something.

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Hedgehogs4Me on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Honestly, the whole track just seemed... awkward to me. Yes, the upside down kramual type thing was sweet, and yes, there were some cool tricks in there, but make up your mind, woman! Either give it a gentle-touch, sweet-smelling, wake-up-in-the-morning feel, or do something powerful and cool. Either one works, but pick one or the other, or if you're going to switch between them every 20 frames, at least make sure that's also what the music does.

_________________
What do I believe?


avatar
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Absox on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Perhaps I'm just biased against tracks that have all those messy lines-
I mean, yes, it is in fact quirk, but with the proper degree of control that I've seen out of, say... aspi33 (lol you guys know who he is, right? I haven't done this line rider thing in like a year)... the tracks still appear aesthetically pleasing, even though there are doubled lines, and not everything is the same: everything rather, looks as if it has purpose.

My predilections aside... Hedge is right. Something feels awkward: you keep speeding up and slowing down by small bits, but there isn't really any flow to it: it lacks solid direction and purpose; you don't seem to sustain any particular theme for more than a second or two at a time, and there's always a fraction of a second too much airtime in my opinion. All in all though, probably better than what I am capable of.

_________________
I stand for what I believe.


avatar
Absox
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by WishLine on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 pm

We certainly hold people to a high standard round here, don't we?!

Also, seeing your sigs together, Absox and Hedge...which came first? :P

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Absox on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:09 pm

@WishLine wrote:We certainly hold people to a high standard round here, don't we?!

Also, seeing your sigs together, Absox and Hedge...which came first? :P

Well. LR has evolved quite a bit from where it first began

I made mine first, then Hedge asked for one. So I made him one.
He came up with the retort himself.

_________________
I stand for what I believe.


avatar
Absox
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Stallie on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:45 pm

@efrazable wrote:Lucky. :|

But seriously, nice!

Thanks.

Rainbow Dash wrote:It was alright, you could easily tell who made what parts though. Nice as always tcr: Stallie, if you want my opinion on what you can work on, PM me. Smile

Ok and thanks for the support.

@CamQuartr wrote:It was mediocre.

TCR's parts were pretty awesome, though stallie, I felt your parts lacked the same speed and flow in which TCR had. That made it kinda inconsistent...

nice job though

I kind of felt the same way about some of my parts too. I was busy and stuff last month when we got in def with the collab, and I lost a bit of inspiration.

Sam Storm wrote:how the heck did you get a collab with tcr

Anyways, it was a decent track, but I could easily tell who did what. Stallie, you gotta step up your game if you wanna finish first in the big dance

I'm just good like that sam. Yeah I have been getting that said for some other people as well, thanks for the advice.

@SETH wrote:nice track! would be fun to scene

Why thank you.

@Cereal wrote:Stallie's parts were good, but TCR's parts seemed to overshadow them a bit. :P

It was a fairly enjoyable track overall, but I'd recommend collabing with people closer to your skill level. Wink

Same thing I said to sam. I'll try finding someone at the same skill level as well.

kevansevans wrote:I didn't enjoy the sudden changes in flow. I don't care if it's fast or slow, but it frequently oscillating in speed made it feel uneasy.

The transitions from manuals/gwells in flanuals were total flow killers IMO. Sudden stop then sudden go just didn't fit in.

However the manuals in there were extremely smooth. In my head I can visualize an acrylic ball rolling along a surface. What I "imagined" was that acrylic ball rolling along a giant marble track of pure smoothness made of polished marble.

6/10

Well that's just you kevan, I'm glad you like the smooth manuals though.

@WishLine wrote:I would agree perhaps there was a slight jerkiness, but I loved the two different riders' styles working together. Always something nice in a collab. Co-operative spirit or something.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the style change.

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Honestly, the whole track just seemed... awkward to me. Yes, the upside down kramual type thing was sweet, and yes, there were some cool tricks in there, but make up your mind, woman! Either give it a gentle-touch, sweet-smelling, wake-up-in-the-morning feel, or do something powerful and cool. Either one works, but pick one or the other, or if you're going to switch between them every 20 frames, at least make sure that's also what the music does.

Well hedge that's just you like I told kevan. I'll choose one or the other next time, and thanks for the advice.

@Absox wrote:Perhaps I'm just biased against tracks that have all those messy lines-
I mean, yes, it is in fact quirk, but with the proper degree of control that I've seen out of, say... aspi33 (lol you guys know who he is, right? I haven't done this line rider thing in like a year)... the tracks still appear aesthetically pleasing, even though there are doubled lines, and not everything is the same: everything rather, looks as if it has purpose.

My predilections aside... Hedge is right. Something feels awkward: you keep speeding up and slowing down by small bits, but there isn't really any flow to it: it lacks solid direction and purpose; you don't seem to sustain any particular theme for more than a second or two at a time, and there's always a fraction of a second too much airtime in my opinion. All in all though, probably better than what I am capable of.

Uh, ok, and well I guess, but that's the whole point when collabing. Why do the same thing as the other person, you should be able to do what you want in the collab, and to tell you the truth airtime is good.

@WishLine wrote:We certainly hold people to a high standard round here, don't we?!

Also, seeing your sigs together, Absox and Hedge...which came first? :P

Yep, I was wondering the same thing.

@Absox wrote:
@WishLine wrote:We certainly hold people to a high standard round here, don't we?!

Also, seeing your sigs together, Absox and Hedge...which came first? :P

Well. LR has evolved quite a bit from where it first began

I made mine first, then Hedge asked for one. So I made him one.
He came up with the retort himself.

Ah, well that's nice.


Last edited by Stallie on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 9 times in total

_________________
I Believe In Gangstas
I Love Music
My Life
avatar
Stallie
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by rich on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm going to post what everyone else said. nice track.
avatar
rich
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wind Burst: Stallie and TCR

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum