--Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 am

Hmm...your opinion counts as much as anybody's, Chui. I'll add you on - but it won't be just a pixel Smile

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by Rafael on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:56 am

I'd be right-up. Although I'm not against new functions if there's a version that only fixes things as well.
avatar
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by Cereal on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 am

I'd probably be 50px to the right, and 80 px up

_________________
Times They Are A-Changin'  

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

avatar
Cereal
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by mhenr18 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Rafael wrote:I'd be right-up. Although I'm not against new functions if there's a version that only fixes things as well.

I don't get this. It's comparable to standing at a buffet where there is gravy, amongst other things. If you don't like gravy, you don't go to another buffet, you just dont serve yourself any gravy.
Why should I build a version where there's things removed from the main version, when you could just not use things in the main version.

Plus, how could you be "right up". You can't get a larger community from a game that's dying because it's gone stale without changing the game.
(there isn't a 2D axis. it's quite simple - you're for changes and a larger community, or you're for doing nothing and keeping a very niche community)

mhenr18
Member


View user profile http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:11 pm

mhenr18 wrote:Plus, how could you be "right up". You can't get a larger community from a game that's dying because it's gone stale without changing the game.
(there isn't a 2D axis. it's quite simple - you're for changes and a larger community, or you're for doing nothing and keeping a very niche community)

That's the thing though - the graph suggests (will suggest once I've updated it, anyway!) that there are people who believe that new members are important, and the best way to do that is to not do anything radical, but re-introduce the game - just a little more polished and easy to use - to the internet. Of course - you would probably place yourself leftish-top, because you believe in big changes for attracting new members (having said that, can I plot you? :P)

This graph basically illustrates the different opinions out there. That's the point of it.

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by mhenr18 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 pm

WishLine wrote:
mhenr18 wrote:Plus, how could you be "right up". You can't get a larger community from a game that's dying because it's gone stale without changing the game.
(there isn't a 2D axis. it's quite simple - you're for changes and a larger community, or you're for doing nothing and keeping a very niche community)

That's the thing though - the graph suggests (will suggest once I've updated it, anyway!) that there are people who believe that new members are important, and the best way to do that is to not do anything radical, but re-introduce the game - just a little more polished and easy to use - to the internet. Of course - you would probably place yourself leftish-top, because you believe in big changes for attracting new members (having said that, can I plot you? :P)

This graph basically illustrates the different opinions out there. That's the point of it.

The difference is that there's opinions and there's facts. 6.7 was an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members (much like 6.3 was also an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members). There is literally no way to attract new members without making bigger changes to Line Rider. The Evolution of Line Rider was something of a reintroduction, it got a decent share of attention from the internet. Have we drawn any more members with it? Nope. Have any of the impressive scenery videos that get thousands of views on YouTube done anything? Nope (mind you, TD drew people to IRtL because he advertised it. no one here seems to bother). Has anything that's ever been done by the current administration team to attract members (or keep current members from leaving) worked? Nope. Has there ever been a refinement to Line Rider that's drawn more people to the game? Nope. The only events that have noticeably increased community participation have been the transition from beta 1 to beta 2 and the releases of the TechDawg videos.

People like to believe there's a way to boost the community numbers without really doing anything. If there is, then why hasn't it been done in the years since IRtL shut down?

mhenr18
Member


View user profile http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm

I've just updated this to revision three. Plenty of Dots. Any stragglers who want to have themselves plotted? Smile

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:58 am

WishLine wrote:you would probably place yourself leftish-top, because you believe in big changes for attracting new members (having said that, can I plot you? :P)
mhenr18 wrote:6.7 was an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members (much like 6.3 was also an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members). There is literally no way to attract new members without making bigger changes to Line Rider. The Evolution of Line Rider was something of a reintroduction, it got a decent share of attention from the internet. Have we drawn any more members with it? Nope. Have any of the impressive scenery videos that get thousands of views on YouTube done anything? Nope (mind you, TD drew people to IRtL because he advertised it. no one here seems to bother). Has anything that's ever been done by the current administration team to attract members (or keep current members from leaving) worked? Nope. Has there ever been a refinement to Line Rider that's drawn more people to the game? Nope. The only events that have noticeably increased community participation have been the transition from beta 1 to beta 2 and the releases of the TechDawg videos.

People like to believe there's a way to boost the community numbers without really doing anything. If there is, then why hasn't it been done in the years since IRtL shut down?
to paraphrase mhenr to answer your questions: yes and yes

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by iPi on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 am

I'm far left and neutral on having new members.


Last edited by iPi on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
iPi
Member

Manualologist


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:10 am

So if I plot Mhenr and iPi, that's more people in the upper-left quadrant. Seems the community doesn't speak with a single voice.

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by KillinTime2792 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:50 pm

which one is my pixel?

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:03 pm

You're the one dead-centre, as stipulated by you Smile

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by KillinTime2792 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm

that looks off to the right and up a little bit, eh whatever. it's your graph.

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by Cereal on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:17 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:that looks off to the right and up a little bit, eh whatever. it's your graph.


Really? I thought it was to the left. Hehe

_________________
Times They Are A-Changin'  

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

avatar
Cereal
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 pm

I've updated with iPi and Mhenr. I think that's everybody! Unless anuybody else cares to add, I invite you to consider

What, as a community, is your response to this scattergraph?

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by Opal Rider on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:11 pm

.... wow. Scatter definately fits the graph perfectly. I don't think there's a single space that isn't covered.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/user/OpalRiderLR
You literally just did lines!

avatar
Opal Rider
Moderator

Aestetikally appealing


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Opal Rider wrote:.... wow. Scatter definately fits the graph perfectly. I don't think there's a single space that isn't covered.

Well...I think the South West quadrant is empty. Nobody favours progressive line rider to please the hard-core veterans. Kind of understandable!

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by Opal Rider on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:19 pm

True. I'm also noticing a trend here, as well, with real life correlations. The left to right seems similar to the liberal / concervative standpoints in govornment, while the vertical axis would represent your social tendencies. I'm curious to see how the points would line up if we were to replace the text you already have with that.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/user/OpalRiderLR
You literally just did lines!

avatar
Opal Rider
Moderator

Aestetikally appealing


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Opal Rider wrote:True. I'm also noticing a trend here, as well, with real life correlations. The left to right seems similar to the liberal / concervative standpoints in govornment, while the vertical axis would represent your social tendencies. I'm curious to see how the points would line up if we were to replace the text you already have with that.

Heehee...find out whether we're politically left-or-right of centre? Interesting! Funnily enough, I did base my ideas off political-spectrum style analysis. Just made it LR-relevant

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by iPi on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 am

Wow, 7 on the left side, and 7 on the right with 2 in the middle. :P
avatar
iPi
Member

Manualologist


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

...I.E, Deadlock. Goes to show the opinions are as varied as ever. Hmm.

Well...over to you, Mhenr, we're right back where we started xD

_________________

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum