We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

+14
RyderLR
Pinter
Traxis
Hedgehogs4Me
Kohuda
Inukaza
KillinTime2792
mhenr18
Opal Rider
Cereal
Conundrumer
[senpai] kevans
rabid squirrel
WishLine
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

--Analysis-- The developmental spectrum! - Page 2 Empty Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by WishLine Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 am

Hmm...your opinion counts as much as anybody's, Chui. I'll add you on - but it won't be just a pixel Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

--Analysis-- The developmental spectrum! - Page 2 Empty Re: --Analysis-- The developmental spectrum!

Post by Rafael Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:56 am

I'd be right-up. Although I'm not against new functions if there's a version that only fixes things as well.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 am

I'd probably be 50px to the right, and 80 px up
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Rafael wrote:I'd be right-up. Although I'm not against new functions if there's a version that only fixes things as well.

I don't get this. It's comparable to standing at a buffet where there is gravy, amongst other things. If you don't like gravy, you don't go to another buffet, you just dont serve yourself any gravy.
Why should I build a version where there's things removed from the main version, when you could just not use things in the main version.

Plus, how could you be "right up". You can't get a larger community from a game that's dying because it's gone stale without changing the game.
(there isn't a 2D axis. it's quite simple - you're for changes and a larger community, or you're for doing nothing and keeping a very niche community)

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:11 pm

mhenr18 wrote:Plus, how could you be "right up". You can't get a larger community from a game that's dying because it's gone stale without changing the game.
(there isn't a 2D axis. it's quite simple - you're for changes and a larger community, or you're for doing nothing and keeping a very niche community)

That's the thing though - the graph suggests (will suggest once I've updated it, anyway!) that there are people who believe that new members are important, and the best way to do that is to not do anything radical, but re-introduce the game - just a little more polished and easy to use - to the internet. Of course - you would probably place yourself leftish-top, because you believe in big changes for attracting new members (having said that, can I plot you? :P)

This graph basically illustrates the different opinions out there. That's the point of it.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 pm

WishLine wrote:
mhenr18 wrote:Plus, how could you be "right up". You can't get a larger community from a game that's dying because it's gone stale without changing the game.

That's the thing though - the graph suggests (will suggest once I've updated it, anyway!) that there are people who believe that new members are important, and the best way to do that is to not do anything radical, but re-introduce the game - just a little more polished and easy to use - to the internet. Of course - you would probably place yourself leftish-top, because you believe in big changes for attracting new members (having said that, can I plot you? :P)

This graph basically illustrates the different opinions out there. That's the point of it.

The difference is that there's opinions and there's facts. 6.7 was an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members (much like 6.3 was also an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members). There is literally no way to attract new members without making bigger changes to Line Rider. The Evolution of Line Rider was something of a reintroduction, it got a decent share of attention from the internet. Have we drawn any more members with it? Nope. Have any of the impressive scenery videos that get thousands of views on YouTube done anything? Nope (mind you, TD drew people to IRtL because he advertised it. no one here seems to bother). Has anything that's ever been done by the current administration team to attract members (or keep current members from leaving) worked? Nope. Has there ever been a refinement to Line Rider that's drawn more people to the game? Nope. The only events that have noticeably increased community participation have been the transition from beta 1 to beta 2 and the releases of the TechDawg videos.

People like to believe there's a way to boost the community numbers without really doing anything. If there is, then why hasn't it been done in the years since IRtL shut down?

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm

I've just updated this to revision three. Plenty of Dots. Any stragglers who want to have themselves plotted? Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:58 am

WishLine wrote:you would probably place yourself leftish-top, because you believe in big changes for attracting new members (having said that, can I plot you? :P)
mhenr18 wrote:6.7 was an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members (much like 6.3 was also an enhanced 6.2, and it didn't draw members). There is literally no way to attract new members without making bigger changes to Line Rider. The Evolution of Line Rider was something of a reintroduction, it got a decent share of attention from the internet. Have we drawn any more members with it? Nope. Have any of the impressive scenery videos that get thousands of views on YouTube done anything? Nope (mind you, TD drew people to IRtL because he advertised it. no one here seems to bother). Has anything that's ever been done by the current administration team to attract members (or keep current members from leaving) worked? Nope. Has there ever been a refinement to Line Rider that's drawn more people to the game? Nope. The only events that have noticeably increased community participation have been the transition from beta 1 to beta 2 and the releases of the TechDawg videos.

People like to believe there's a way to boost the community numbers without really doing anything. If there is, then why hasn't it been done in the years since IRtL shut down?
to paraphrase mhenr to answer your questions: yes and yes
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 am

I'm far left and neutral on having new members.

Last edited by iPi on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:10 am

So if I plot Mhenr and iPi, that's more people in the upper-left quadrant. Seems the community doesn't speak with a single voice.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:50 pm

which one is my pixel?
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:03 pm

You're the one dead-centre, as stipulated by you Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm

that looks off to the right and up a little bit, eh whatever. it's your graph.

KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:17 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:that looks off to the right and up a little bit, eh whatever. it's your graph.

Really? I thought it was to the left. Hehe
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 pm

I've updated with iPi and Mhenr. I think that's everybody! Unless anuybody else cares to add, I invite you to consider

What, as a community, is your response to this scattergraph?

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:11 pm

.... wow. Scatter definately fits the graph perfectly. I don't think there's a single space that isn't covered.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Opal Rider wrote:.... wow. Scatter definately fits the graph perfectly. I don't think there's a single space that isn't covered.

Well...I think the South West quadrant is empty. Nobody favours progressive line rider to please the hard-core veterans. Kind of understandable!

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:19 pm

True. I'm also noticing a trend here, as well, with real life correlations. The left to right seems similar to the liberal / concervative standpoints in govornment, while the vertical axis would represent your social tendencies. I'm curious to see how the points would line up if we were to replace the text you already have with that.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Opal Rider wrote:True. I'm also noticing a trend here, as well, with real life correlations. The left to right seems similar to the liberal / concervative standpoints in govornment, while the vertical axis would represent your social tendencies. I'm curious to see how the points would line up if we were to replace the text you already have with that.

Heehee...find out whether we're politically left-or-right of centre? Interesting! Funnily enough, I did base my ideas off political-spectrum style analysis. Just made it LR-relevant

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 am

Wow, 7 on the left side, and 7 on the right with 2 in the middle. :P
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

...I.E, Deadlock. Goes to show the opinions are as varied as ever. Hmm.

Well...over to you, Mhenr, we're right back where we started xD

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum