We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you would like to beta test, post here and say so.

+26
Vermillion
Rafael
Helios Pavonine
Summoning
GhostY
Kohuda
hypothet
Derpinator
KillinTime2792
SPL4SHZ0N3
Xzst
OTDE
efrazable
darklight
Yobanjojoe
Stallie
Sheldon
TheRevTastic
captain_cornflakes
Sssschiller
CamQuartr
Inukaza
[senpai] kevans
pure5152
Wolf_Spirit
rabid squirrel
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If you would like to beta test, post here and say so. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you would like to beta test, post here and say so.

Post by GhostY Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 pm

do we know how soon it will be when the testing begins? like is there an estimate or am i just derping and people already are testing xD
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

If you would like to beta test, post here and say so. - Page 2 Empty Re: If you would like to beta test, post here and say so.

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:32 pm

kevansevans wrote:
HG42 wrote:I would like to beta test.

I'm very good at doing stupid things with this game.

QA is my thing; I know what to look for when beta testing.

My dad actually does this kind of thing as a living, as well as many other bits and bobs.

Will work for peanuts.

kevansevans wrote:
pure5152 wrote:I'm interested, just wondering what exactly a beta tester actually does. does he/she just play out with possible standalones, test them like the name suggests, and then offer suggestions? or is there something more to it

Yes, but in that topic, your opinion weighs more here because we believe you hold true to the spirit of Line rider and can give us ideas that improve the toy without it making it easier.

Spoiler:

That's not beta testing btw. :3

That's suggestions relating to game content, kevan.

But it also leads into beta testing, because if I put it in, it has to be tested right?

HG is right, you don't add features in beta, you do that in or before alpha.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 pm

I think that Quality Assurance (or QA) would work well as a title if this is alpha/ pre-alpha stuff that we're doing "beta testing" for. :P
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:25 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

My dad actually does this kind of thing as a living, as well as many other bits and bobs.

Will work for peanuts.

kevansevans wrote:
pure5152 wrote:I'm interested, just wondering what exactly a beta tester actually does. does he/she just play out with possible standalones, test them like the name suggests, and then offer suggestions? or is there something more to it

Yes, but in that topic, your opinion weighs more here because we believe you hold true to the spirit of Line rider and can give us ideas that improve the toy without it making it easier.

Spoiler:

But it also leads into beta testing, because if I put it in, it has to be tested right?

well the testers won't add the features. They give their opinion on them and report bugs.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:56 pm

I'd like to test!
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

Will work for peanuts.

kevansevans wrote:

Spoiler:

well the testers won't add the features. They give their opinion on them and report bugs.

Never said testers added features.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:20 am

^ they don't give the ideas either. The ideas are given by the public in that big fat sticky thread (though it appears I've thought of everything lol)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:36 am

So.

1. Testers are given revisions of LR.

2. We play to fine bugs, give comments said new features' functionality.

3. The (developers) use those comments to fine tune their stuff.

How is this so hard? xD

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:25 am

Testers play the game, and reports bugs and things they fidin't like nuff said.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 pm

GhostY wrote:do we know how soon it will be when the testing begins? like is there an estimate or am i just derping and people already are testing xD

No one has tested anything since this has been started. As soon when there is an audience, i'll release a beta for v3 and you guys can tell me what you think.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I'd like to test.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:50 pm

I'd like to test as well.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Just asking for a update regarding the progress in which nominations are preceding.

It's been a about a week and a half, so was just wondering if we will know who made it in anytime soon. (Or if that distinction will be publicly made).

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:Just asking for a update regarding the progress in which nominations are preceding.

It's been a about a week and a half, so was just wondering if we will know who made it in anytime soon. (Or if that distinction will be publicly made).

I'd like to know that too
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:48 am

everyone else is being lazy. I've been busy for a few days, told people to discuss & promote, come back and nobody has done anything. Stern but Fair

I'll promote a substantial amount of people in a couple days. promise. Then you can release stuff and stuff. And stuff.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 am

rabid squirrel wrote:everyone else is being lazy. I've been busy for a few days, told people to discuss & promote, come back and nobody has done anything. Stern but Fair

I'll promote a substantial amount of people in a couple days. promise. Then you can release stuff and stuff. And stuff.

I don't feel obliged to discuss what people to promote since I don't consider myself the best one at discussing who would be the best at beta-testing the game. Eep
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Okay.... Seeing that rabid wants us to discuss, these are more people I want in. Including Kram, inu, And Vermillion

Wolf Spirit
Pure
Darklight
GhostY
Helios pavonine
Kohuded
Jam

Any questions? There shouldn't be. :| And I did consider EVERYONE who requested it, so it you are not on this list, "Tough titty said the kitty"
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:33 pm

^ it's being discussed, don't worry Wink
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:47 pm

kevansevans wrote:Okay.... Seeing that rabid wants us to discuss, these are more people I want in. Including Kram, inu, And Vermillion

Wolf Spirit
Pure
Darklight
GhostY
Helios pavonine
Kohuded
Jam

Any questions? There shouldn't be. :| And I did consider EVERYONE who requested it, so it you are not on this list, "Tough titty said the kitty"

Make sure to include someone who does incredibly stupid things to Bosh. :P
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 pm

I guess I'll ask to be a beta tester even though I could just get versions off of mhenr from msn :P.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:41 pm

D: No beta test for me.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Sheldon wrote:If you would like to beta test, post here and say so. - Page 2 99781 No beta test for me.
The people on the stream said that you, by name, would be the most likely LCC to abuse any new version that arises. I don't fully understand it, but whatever. Splash should get the beta if he asks for it even though he isn't LCC. There are some people that aren't LCC or elite that deserve it.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Isn't that a good thing? I would indeed find new tricks. You guys have no common sense.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:11 pm

hmm. abusing things, I'm quite good at that. :p I think I asked earlier if I could beta test also. but, I can understand if you don't want me to.

EDIT: hmm, it seems I have the pip now. lol
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:08 pm

efrazable wrote:
Sheldon wrote:If you would like to beta test, post here and say so. - Page 2 99781 No beta test for me.
The people on the stream said that you, by name, would be the most likely LCC to abuse any new version that arises. I don't fully understand it, but whatever. Splash should get the beta if he asks for it even though he isn't LCC. There are some people that aren't LCC or elite that deserve it.

This is only in theory, but I believe that LCC is more likely to abuse these things is because if there is an a abusive feature is a beta, they won't get rid of it, then make a track using it, then load it up in a different version, making it look like skill.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next